Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

3.9

on 2/10/2018 2:34:00 PM

This review refers to the brushes sold individually with the curvy black handles.

I started collecting these maybe ten years ago. In that time, I have also amassed a collection of IT, real techniques, and Sephora brushes. I always come back to these. Why?

Excellent quality and very little if any breakage with proper care. I use Parian spirit cleanser and it does the job. I prefer the version with the black ferrules (as opposed to gold) just for aestetics. They fit beautifully in the hand and have a great weight and balance.

The small multipurpose powder brush is my favorite eyeshadow blending brush of all time. It is the perfect shape and size. I am not very good with blending, but this makes the job so much easier. That brush was discontinued some time ago but you can still find them on eBay.

I also love the medium eyeshadow (white goat) brush, the medium fluffy (squirrel) brush, and the synthetic multipurpose brush. In all, I have about 20 of these brushes, with only a few duplicates.

Including:
large tapered powder
Synthetic flat top multipurpose (foundation)
domed multipurpose (white)
Synthetic foundation
Angled multipurpose
Dense blush/powder
Brow groomer/comb

I fear they are being discontinued as they are on clearance in the store and the Sonia Kashuk brushes page on target.com has been taken down.

Get em while you can. They are beautiful, useful, and downright cheap for the quality,

on 6/14/2015 3:08:00 PM

This review is for the black handled "medium multipurpose powder brush." I'm still figuring out makeup, so I'm no makeup brush connoisseur, but I didn't like this brush. I use it to apply powder or to brush off excess powder after applying it with a puff. My main gripe is that the bristles are constantly falling out while I'm using it. To me it says the brush is low quality, and it's also a pain to pick all the little black bristles off my face after applying makeup.

I bought a whole set of brushes, for a pretty decent price. I got the white handled ones and I hate them. The big fluffy face brush sheds like crazy. The 3 eye shadow brushes hurt. They scratch at my eyes and makes them irritated.
The only good brush is the angled eyeliner brush. I would buy that one brush again, separately. But not any of the eye shadow brushes.
Edit: some brushes are better than others!

on 6/12/2010 6:58:00 PM

I LOVE these brushes. They are around $8-$15 per brush, which I think is very inexpensive for a nice makeup brush. I have about 6 of these. I've had MAC brushes, and I actually prefer these! I had lots of shedding problems with my MAC powder brush, and I've had no issues with these. I was initially drawn to how pretty they are--contoured black with a faint hint of sparkle. I adore them and hope they aren't discontinued anytime soon.

on 11/5/2009 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So it was looong overdue for a new set of makeup brushes. The kinds I normally get are the ones from sephora, but I really didn't want to spend a ton of money but I didn't want cheap crap either. Well I'm sorry to say these brushes are. I bought the handles that are white, I purchased the big powder brush, the blush brush, the eyeshadow blending brush and another eyeshadow brush. The brushes first off, werent' that soft. In the basic powder applications with my big powder brush, the brush started shedding really really bad. This also happened with my other brush when I applied my blush. I am so dissapointed. I'm thinking the ones with the black handles are way better but those were a little bit more pricey. Anyway I will go on and find some nice quality brushes, Im looking at the ecoTool line for now.

on 5/14/2003 1:58:00 PM

So far, I've bought the powder brush, large eye shadow brush, synthetic brush for applying concealer, covered lip brush and liner brush and have not been disappointed. I'm in love with her line! I plan on buying her blush brush as well.

on 7/5/2001 7:01:00 PM

Sonia Kashuk's brushes are a fabulous deal! These brushes are as soft as my high-end brushes, at a small fraction of the cost! I am particularly pleased with the performance of the powder brush (the most expensive brush at the bargain basement price of $9.99) and the small eyeshadow brush (very nice for adding crease color). These brushes can compete with a number of high-end lines.

on 7/5/2001 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have the medium eye shadow brush, the powder brush and the blush brush. For the price, these can't be beat. Available at Target. They are very soft and rival many of the pricier brands. My only complaint is with the blush brush. It is almost too soft and it takes forever to get my Nars onto the brush. I really prefer my Bare Escentuals brush for blush. At first my Le Clerc powder would not adhere, it just slipped right off onto the vanity. I washed them all, and this problem was over. I suggest you wash these brushes before you use them because I got a lot of purple colored dye out. I washed until the water was clear, then dried them and they were fine. Probably residual dye they use to dye the bristles black.

Popular Makeup Brushes