Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Filtered by hair type : Other
Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

4.7

The only white handled one I own is the mascara/brow wand. It has held up well and I am prone to abusing my brushes. *cringes* Even the natural hair ones.
The only black handled one I own is the Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose No. 4. Seriously soft, and it works with any product I have dipped it into.
I also own the Into the Woods collection, now called "Straight From Nature." I first bought them when they came out in aproximately 2009. The only reason they shed was because I left them dirty and in storage jumbled in the box for a few months whilst I sorted an allergy. They still retain their shape after washing and healthy doses of Redken Extreme Anti Snap leave in, and the shedding has ceased after the broken bristles have come out.
I broke down and purchased the 15th Anniversary set. It is every bit as good as I thought. You can do anything from daily wear to costume applications.
I wouldn never hesitate to arm your vanity with these. Save and then splurge on the black handled ones and collections.

on 4/21/2010 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Sonia is da bomb! I love her brushes, the handles are long and beautiful ( the black ones) and work very well! I reccomend these 100%. Dont waste money to MAC get Sonia brushes!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

These brushes are deliciously soft. It takes some working to get product on the brushes. These brushes are fantastic for heavily pigmented products or for overall dusting of bronzer etc. I purchased the powder brush, blush brush, an eyeshadow blender brush and a blender brush. All four brushes came out to about $70 at Target. Thankfully, they do not shed and overall are pretty good. I like them and decided to keep the powder brush and the blush brush. The rest are going back.

on 9/2/2009 1:32:00 AM

I have some white handled brushes, and the long black handled ones. Pay a little extra and get the black-handled ones. They fit your hand nicely, the brushes are soft, they do not shed and much better quality than the white ones.

on 3/23/2007 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The brushes are great. Very soft and after washing, they took their shape back. The only thing that bothers me is the smell. Is it just me or does the handles have a funny smell to them? I have washed them plenty of times but the smell is still there. Overall the bristles hold up and not prickly like some others.

on 12/20/2003 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Sonia Kashuk and Target are geniuses. These are absolutely wonderful brushes at prices that anybody can afford. The nylon concealer brush took my breath away at the smoothness of application. So far I have the contour brush, the nylon concealer, the medium shadow, and the angled shadow brushes, and I plan to get the rest of the line. For a recently-unemployed cosmetic junkie like myself, these are a true gift. I read somewhere that Sonia sells another set of brushes under her name at Barney's New York for $400. For one-tenth of that, you can have some great quality professional tools and you don't have to worry if you accidently leave one in a hotel somewhere. Bravo Sonia!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Almost all of my brushes are from Sonia Kashuk. Excellent quality. Can compete with any high end line. Definately recommend

on 9/2/2002 4:19:00 PM

Wow! I bought the complete full-sized set of these brushes and love them. Minimal problems with shedding, though you shouldn't have too much shedding with synthetic brushes. They're quite soft and most importantly, they get the job done! The only one I'm a little disappointed with is the angled eyeshadow brush, because the bristles splayed a bit after washing and I can't get as fine a line anymore, for eyeliner. I also wish that she made a crease brush, not just a small eyeshadow brush, because that isn't quite the right shape for the crease. But overall, I really love these versatile and good quality brushes!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I own all the brushes in this line and they are worth every penny. Supersoft, high quality brushes with minimal shedding. Best drugstore find out there.
*update*. These originally came in a blue handle and now the line has been revamped to white handles. Still an excellent brush at drugstore prices. There is also a nice range of different brushes comparable to department store lines. Brushes retail between $4 to $15 and are found exclusively at Target.

Popular Makeup Brushes