Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

4.1

on 5/26/2011 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Sonia Kashuk brushes will always be a favorite. The best part is that they are very affordable. Most of my brushes are SK. I only own one MAC brush (217) because these do the job for me. I will repurchase these guys forever and ever. They are of high quality. I still have many brushes that I've had for years, and they all work perfectly.

on 6/12/2010 6:58:00 PM

I LOVE these brushes. They are around $8-$15 per brush, which I think is very inexpensive for a nice makeup brush. I have about 6 of these. I've had MAC brushes, and I actually prefer these! I had lots of shedding problems with my MAC powder brush, and I've had no issues with these. I was initially drawn to how pretty they are--contoured black with a faint hint of sparkle. I adore them and hope they aren't discontinued anytime soon.

on 12/9/2009 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These brushes are amazing. When I first bought them I was a brush virgin and was following a couple gurus on youtube and decided to make the investment. I got the Blush Brush, the Foundation Brush, and the Large Eyeshadow Brush. I've had them for a year or so, and keep in mind since I had never owned brushes before, I didn't know to clean them as often as I should. (Yikes!) But even through the neglect, they are still holding up so well. I honestly don't think I have had any shedding. The bristles are so soft, but yet sturdy. And I have sensitive skin so some brushes will cause a rash. These have never bothered my skin, and I honestly can't imagine MAC or anyone else being any better. I have the black handled brushes that come in the hard plastic tubes. I'm even going to get my sister some for christmas so she can start using them. I HIGHLY recommend these!!!

on 11/5/2009 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So it was looong overdue for a new set of makeup brushes. The kinds I normally get are the ones from sephora, but I really didn't want to spend a ton of money but I didn't want cheap crap either. Well I'm sorry to say these brushes are. I bought the handles that are white, I purchased the big powder brush, the blush brush, the eyeshadow blending brush and another eyeshadow brush. The brushes first off, werent' that soft. In the basic powder applications with my big powder brush, the brush started shedding really really bad. This also happened with my other brush when I applied my blush. I am so dissapointed. I'm thinking the ones with the black handles are way better but those were a little bit more pricey. Anyway I will go on and find some nice quality brushes, Im looking at the ecoTool line for now.

on 9/2/2009 1:32:00 AM

I have some white handled brushes, and the long black handled ones. Pay a little extra and get the black-handled ones. They fit your hand nicely, the brushes are soft, they do not shed and much better quality than the white ones.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These brushes are terrible. First of all the brushes are not soft, thus the skin starts hurting following application. The brushes for the eye shadow do not blend at all. Additionally, the eye shadow brushes don't "hold" they eye shadow at all, after swirling the brush in the eye shadow (very conservative amount) and upon application the eye shadow just falls on the cheek ( and my eye shadow is good quality) The blush brushes are also problematic since they fail to blend out the blush.

on 12/20/2003 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Sonia Kashuk and Target are geniuses. These are absolutely wonderful brushes at prices that anybody can afford. The nylon concealer brush took my breath away at the smoothness of application. So far I have the contour brush, the nylon concealer, the medium shadow, and the angled shadow brushes, and I plan to get the rest of the line. For a recently-unemployed cosmetic junkie like myself, these are a true gift. I read somewhere that Sonia sells another set of brushes under her name at Barney's New York for $400. For one-tenth of that, you can have some great quality professional tools and you don't have to worry if you accidently leave one in a hotel somewhere. Bravo Sonia!

on 3/31/2003 11:57:00 PM

I got 5 brushes in a set with a cute pink travel bag. I really like these, they are so soft and make the application really easy. I havent washed them yet, so I hope they wont dissapoint me. Great price too!

on 4/21/2002 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Wonderful brushes. I bought the medium and the large eyeshadow brush. I also have the lip brush. These brushes are very soft and work very well. Great for application and blending. And they're also very cheap.

on 7/5/2001 7:01:00 PM

Sonia Kashuk's brushes are a fabulous deal! These brushes are as soft as my high-end brushes, at a small fraction of the cost! I am particularly pleased with the performance of the powder brush (the most expensive brush at the bargain basement price of $9.99) and the small eyeshadow brush (very nice for adding crease color). These brushes can compete with a number of high-end lines.

Popular Makeup Brushes