Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

4.3

on 2/10/2018 2:34:00 PM

This review refers to the brushes sold individually with the curvy black handles.

I started collecting these maybe ten years ago. In that time, I have also amassed a collection of IT, real techniques, and Sephora brushes. I always come back to these. Why?

Excellent quality and very little if any breakage with proper care. I use Parian spirit cleanser and it does the job. I prefer the version with the black ferrules (as opposed to gold) just for aestetics. They fit beautifully in the hand and have a great weight and balance.

The small multipurpose powder brush is my favorite eyeshadow blending brush of all time. It is the perfect shape and size. I am not very good with blending, but this makes the job so much easier. That brush was discontinued some time ago but you can still find them on eBay.

I also love the medium eyeshadow (white goat) brush, the medium fluffy (squirrel) brush, and the synthetic multipurpose brush. In all, I have about 20 of these brushes, with only a few duplicates.

Including:
large tapered powder
Synthetic flat top multipurpose (foundation)
domed multipurpose (white)
Synthetic foundation
Angled multipurpose
Dense blush/powder
Brow groomer/comb

I fear they are being discontinued as they are on clearance in the store and the Sonia Kashuk brushes page on target.com has been taken down.

Get em while you can. They are beautiful, useful, and downright cheap for the quality,

on 6/14/2015 3:08:00 PM

This review is for the black handled "medium multipurpose powder brush." I'm still figuring out makeup, so I'm no makeup brush connoisseur, but I didn't like this brush. I use it to apply powder or to brush off excess powder after applying it with a puff. My main gripe is that the bristles are constantly falling out while I'm using it. To me it says the brush is low quality, and it's also a pain to pick all the little black bristles off my face after applying makeup.

The only white handled one I own is the mascara/brow wand. It has held up well and I am prone to abusing my brushes. *cringes* Even the natural hair ones.
The only black handled one I own is the Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose No. 4. Seriously soft, and it works with any product I have dipped it into.
I also own the Into the Woods collection, now called "Straight From Nature." I first bought them when they came out in aproximately 2009. The only reason they shed was because I left them dirty and in storage jumbled in the box for a few months whilst I sorted an allergy. They still retain their shape after washing and healthy doses of Redken Extreme Anti Snap leave in, and the shedding has ceased after the broken bristles have come out.
I broke down and purchased the 15th Anniversary set. It is every bit as good as I thought. You can do anything from daily wear to costume applications.
I wouldn never hesitate to arm your vanity with these. Save and then splurge on the black handled ones and collections.

these brushes are amazing. I love the black handled brushes. They are pricey, but they feel amazing on the skin and you can use less product with these brushes. they really pick up the pigment in powders well

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

So I am new to makeup. Yes, I've worn makeup on and off here and there but just recently I decided to get more into it. I needed brushes and was thinking about Sigma but I discovered Sonia Kashuk through youtube and her brushes do not disspapoint. I have the black handle brushes and they are so soft. On youtube you can find Sonia Kashuk doing some makeup tutorials using her black handle brushes. Good brushes and the price is budget friendly.

on 6/12/2010 6:58:00 PM

I LOVE these brushes. They are around $8-$15 per brush, which I think is very inexpensive for a nice makeup brush. I have about 6 of these. I've had MAC brushes, and I actually prefer these! I had lots of shedding problems with my MAC powder brush, and I've had no issues with these. I was initially drawn to how pretty they are--contoured black with a faint hint of sparkle. I adore them and hope they aren't discontinued anytime soon.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

These brushes are deliciously soft. It takes some working to get product on the brushes. These brushes are fantastic for heavily pigmented products or for overall dusting of bronzer etc. I purchased the powder brush, blush brush, an eyeshadow blender brush and a blender brush. All four brushes came out to about $70 at Target. Thankfully, they do not shed and overall are pretty good. I like them and decided to keep the powder brush and the blush brush. The rest are going back.

on 1/18/2010 9:44:00 PM

Sigh. If only I had known about these years ago, before I bought all my MAC brushes. I find I reach for these daily, and will repurchase these in a heartbeat if they ever seem to deteriorate. Their quality is outstanding, bristles are packed tightly, and the brushes keep their shape, even after being cleaned. Love these:
Flat blush brush (I use it for foundation)
Large shadow brush
small shadow brush
Flat liner brush (PERFECT for tight lining upper lashes)
Concealer brush
Crease brush (white handle...perfect control, use this one alllll the time)

on 10/24/2009 6:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really am impressed with these brushes. I was looking for a good quality brush set that wasn't way out of my budget and I definitely found it in the Sonia Kashuk brush collection. I bought a 5 piece set with the black handles (the blush brush, angled eye shadow brush, small eye shadow brush, the eye brow/lash brush and the eye liner brush) plus 2 additional brushes (the crease brush and large eye shadow brush). While these cost nearly $50 for all, I think that's a great deal compared to some brushes that have that price for ONE! I am very happy with the softness as well. Initially I purchased them to use with a smashbox eye shadow kit I found on Sephora that will be arriving soon, but I couldn't wait. So I broke out the covergirl quad I have been using and tried the small/large eye shadow and crease brushes with it....I have to admit that the brushes make even a low end drugstore eyeshadow blend like a high quality one!!

I use these brushes every single day, and I could not imagine going back to the crappy ones I used to use. The bristles are packed in very close together, so they do their job without spreading makeup everywhere like some other flimsy brushes do. they are also very soft, which is a plus. the only one I do not like is the blush brush. I find that it's too small and makes my blush go on streaky. But one bad out of all of these isn't a big deal. The packaging is really nice too. It's pretty AND practical. I would definitely buy them again.

Popular Makeup Brushes