Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

4.1

on 11/5/2009 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So it was looong overdue for a new set of makeup brushes. The kinds I normally get are the ones from sephora, but I really didn't want to spend a ton of money but I didn't want cheap crap either. Well I'm sorry to say these brushes are. I bought the handles that are white, I purchased the big powder brush, the blush brush, the eyeshadow blending brush and another eyeshadow brush. The brushes first off, werent' that soft. In the basic powder applications with my big powder brush, the brush started shedding really really bad. This also happened with my other brush when I applied my blush. I am so dissapointed. I'm thinking the ones with the black handles are way better but those were a little bit more pricey. Anyway I will go on and find some nice quality brushes, Im looking at the ecoTool line for now.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These brushes are terrible. First of all the brushes are not soft, thus the skin starts hurting following application. The brushes for the eye shadow do not blend at all. Additionally, the eye shadow brushes don't "hold" they eye shadow at all, after swirling the brush in the eye shadow (very conservative amount) and upon application the eye shadow just falls on the cheek ( and my eye shadow is good quality) The blush brushes are also problematic since they fail to blend out the blush.

After reading lots of great reviews about these Sonia Kashuk brushes, I decide to head to my local target to purchase these. (Okay, I've fallen into another "good reviews, but REALLY its not". Thanks.) I was very disappointment with the quality of these brushes ---------- theses brushes are not soft, their very rough once apply to my skin, and after wash they tend to shed lots of hair.

These are crap. They are too rough to use and smell terribly when washed as the dye runs down the sink. They flay almost immediately, shed like crazy, and aesthetically look cheap. I would avoid these if at all possible. I bought a five piece set and find them even worse in quality than those mini dinky brushes that come with makeup for free. You are probably better off buying art store brushes if you are looking for budget brushes.

on 8/15/2002 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Not a keeper! Although the price may be appealing, the quality is just not comparable to Stila or MAC! A good quality brush lasts a long time...it's worth it to save up to buy one that will last you a lifetime! The SK brushes I tried lost its shape and the bristles splayed every which way after a washing with brush cleaner. And, it did not return to its original shape after drying. I would not buy this again, unless I forget a brush on vacation and need one as a disposable!

on 6/11/2002 9:51:00 AM

I bought a small eyeshadow brush and I hate it. The bristles are stiff and scratchy. The eyeshadow goes flying off the brush as I use it .. . and it doesn't end up on my eyelids. I never use this brush and will probably start using it to detail my car.

on 12/13/2007 6:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've been trying to figure out which brush set I purchased. I have a set of the short-handled white brushes--about 8 of them. I also have a few individual brushes in the long-handled black style.
The difference between the short-handled white brushes and the long-handled black ones is remarkable. The long-handled ones are so much better--they don't lose bristles and are quite soft. I took the set of brushes on a business trip recently, and they were terrible! They didn't disperse color properly, were scratchy and just plain bad! I was very disappointed because I had hoped to find a reasonably-priced set of brushes that I could keep just for travel. Instead, I'll keep packing and unpacking my regular brushes.
Stick to the long-handled brushes and don't buy the shorties!

on 8/21/2006 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i heard all the rave about SK brushes so i got a powder brush #01. Unfortunately, everytime i use it the brush sheds and leaves the loose bristles on my face. i end up having to pick them off. i wasn't too happy with my purchase so now i'm looking for a more expensive brush that wouldn't shed.

on 1/2/2004 8:58:00 PM

I wanted to like this, the price was right, but after 2 weeks I am losing fibers and the brushes have lost thier shape. Plus, the handle has already come off of one. Thier better than other drugstore brands, but I cant compare them to good quality brushes.

on 12/9/2001 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yes, they're inexpensive. Everyone seems to like these, but I truly don't understand why. Shape? Great. Feel? Awful. They're a bit too stiff and scratchy. Pass these up at Target and head over to Paula's Choice or Sephora for better low-mid priced options.

Popular Makeup Brushes