Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

4.1

on 9/2/2009 1:32:00 AM

I have some white handled brushes, and the long black handled ones. Pay a little extra and get the black-handled ones. They fit your hand nicely, the brushes are soft, they do not shed and much better quality than the white ones.

on 2/10/2018 2:34:00 PM

This review refers to the brushes sold individually with the curvy black handles.

I started collecting these maybe ten years ago. In that time, I have also amassed a collection of IT, real techniques, and Sephora brushes. I always come back to these. Why?

Excellent quality and very little if any breakage with proper care. I use Parian spirit cleanser and it does the job. I prefer the version with the black ferrules (as opposed to gold) just for aestetics. They fit beautifully in the hand and have a great weight and balance.

The small multipurpose powder brush is my favorite eyeshadow blending brush of all time. It is the perfect shape and size. I am not very good with blending, but this makes the job so much easier. That brush was discontinued some time ago but you can still find them on eBay.

I also love the medium eyeshadow (white goat) brush, the medium fluffy (squirrel) brush, and the synthetic multipurpose brush. In all, I have about 20 of these brushes, with only a few duplicates.

Including:
large tapered powder
Synthetic flat top multipurpose (foundation)
domed multipurpose (white)
Synthetic foundation
Angled multipurpose
Dense blush/powder
Brow groomer/comb

I fear they are being discontinued as they are on clearance in the store and the Sonia Kashuk brushes page on target.com has been taken down.

Get em while you can. They are beautiful, useful, and downright cheap for the quality,

on 8/18/2011 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I recently started experimenting with various Sonia Kashuk brushes (concealer, eyeshadow, blush, kabuki, travel blush brush--not the brush set in the photo above, but various brushes sold individually in her collection) and I am pleasantly surprised with the quality. These make up brushes are a true bargain. They are moderately priced and comparable in effectiveness, durability, and design with the more expensive brands I have tried, such as Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier.

these brushes are amazing. I love the black handled brushes. They are pricey, but they feel amazing on the skin and you can use less product with these brushes. they really pick up the pigment in powders well

on 5/26/2011 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Sonia Kashuk brushes will always be a favorite. The best part is that they are very affordable. Most of my brushes are SK. I only own one MAC brush (217) because these do the job for me. I will repurchase these guys forever and ever. They are of high quality. I still have many brushes that I've had for years, and they all work perfectly.

I bought a whole set of brushes, for a pretty decent price. I got the white handled ones and I hate them. The big fluffy face brush sheds like crazy. The 3 eye shadow brushes hurt. They scratch at my eyes and makes them irritated.
The only good brush is the angled eyeliner brush. I would buy that one brush again, separately. But not any of the eye shadow brushes.
Edit: some brushes are better than others!

on 1/18/2010 9:44:00 PM

Sigh. If only I had known about these years ago, before I bought all my MAC brushes. I find I reach for these daily, and will repurchase these in a heartbeat if they ever seem to deteriorate. Their quality is outstanding, bristles are packed tightly, and the brushes keep their shape, even after being cleaned. Love these:
Flat blush brush (I use it for foundation)
Large shadow brush
small shadow brush
Flat liner brush (PERFECT for tight lining upper lashes)
Concealer brush
Crease brush (white handle...perfect control, use this one alllll the time)

on 11/5/2009 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So it was looong overdue for a new set of makeup brushes. The kinds I normally get are the ones from sephora, but I really didn't want to spend a ton of money but I didn't want cheap crap either. Well I'm sorry to say these brushes are. I bought the handles that are white, I purchased the big powder brush, the blush brush, the eyeshadow blending brush and another eyeshadow brush. The brushes first off, werent' that soft. In the basic powder applications with my big powder brush, the brush started shedding really really bad. This also happened with my other brush when I applied my blush. I am so dissapointed. I'm thinking the ones with the black handles are way better but those were a little bit more pricey. Anyway I will go on and find some nice quality brushes, Im looking at the ecoTool line for now.

I purchased the black,contoured blush brush, even though I doubted the quality. I was so wrong. I consider it the best blush brush I've ever puchased. It allows you to pick up the right amount of color - not to much, not too little. I've spent more money on pure squirrel brushes as well as crappy brushes from various high-end brands without getting the same effect. I don't know about SONIA KASHUK"S white-handled brushes, but I will DEFINATELY purchase the other brushes in the 'contour' line!

This is an excellent line of brushes! Sonia Kashuk's brushes from Target have consistently been rated the #1 inexpensive brush line in InStyle Magazines "Best of Beauty" for about 3 years in a row and they are absolutely right! They are mostly made of natural fibers, the packaging is great and if you take care of them, they will last you a long time. I think that except for a couple of Bobbie Brown and Sephora brushes (BB large eye shader and Sephora's brozer brushes), I really don't see the need to spend a fortune for the real expensive kind. They do tend to shed a little and I have to check myself before I leave the house for black hairs, but other than that, these brushes are an excellent value (this way, I have more $$ for makeup!!!). Thanks Sonia!!

Popular Makeup Brushes