Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/10/2018 2:34:00 PM

This review refers to the brushes sold individually with the curvy black handles.

I started collecting these maybe ten years ago. In that time, I have also amassed a collection of IT, real techniques, and Sephora brushes. I always come back to these. Why?

Excellent quality and very little if any breakage with proper care. I use Parian spirit cleanser and it does the job. I prefer the version with the black ferrules (as opposed to gold) just for aestetics. They fit beautifully in the hand and have a great weight and balance.

The small multipurpose powder brush is my favorite eyeshadow blending brush of all time. It is the perfect shape and size. I am not very good with blending, but this makes the job so much easier. That brush was discontinued some time ago but you can still find them on eBay.

I also love the medium eyeshadow (white goat) brush, the medium fluffy (squirrel) brush, and the synthetic multipurpose brush. In all, I have about 20 of these brushes, with only a few duplicates.

Including:
large tapered powder
Synthetic flat top multipurpose (foundation)
domed multipurpose (white)
Synthetic foundation
Angled multipurpose
Dense blush/powder
Brow groomer/comb

I fear they are being discontinued as they are on clearance in the store and the Sonia Kashuk brushes page on target.com has been taken down.

Get em while you can. They are beautiful, useful, and downright cheap for the quality,

on 9/2/2009 1:32:00 AM

I have some white handled brushes, and the long black handled ones. Pay a little extra and get the black-handled ones. They fit your hand nicely, the brushes are soft, they do not shed and much better quality than the white ones.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The brush I'm reviewing is the angled contour brush, #12. Another winner from Sonia Kashuk! It is just great for applying a wash quickly on the entire lid, and for applying my WnW shimmer to highlight cheekbones, or even to help blend in bronzer along jaw and hairline. Love it :)

on 12/20/2003 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Sonia Kashuk and Target are geniuses. These are absolutely wonderful brushes at prices that anybody can afford. The nylon concealer brush took my breath away at the smoothness of application. So far I have the contour brush, the nylon concealer, the medium shadow, and the angled shadow brushes, and I plan to get the rest of the line. For a recently-unemployed cosmetic junkie like myself, these are a true gift. I read somewhere that Sonia sells another set of brushes under her name at Barney's New York for $400. For one-tenth of that, you can have some great quality professional tools and you don't have to worry if you accidently leave one in a hotel somewhere. Bravo Sonia!

on 7/5/2001 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have the medium eye shadow brush, the powder brush and the blush brush. For the price, these can't be beat. Available at Target. They are very soft and rival many of the pricier brands. My only complaint is with the blush brush. It is almost too soft and it takes forever to get my Nars onto the brush. I really prefer my Bare Escentuals brush for blush. At first my Le Clerc powder would not adhere, it just slipped right off onto the vanity. I washed them all, and this problem was over. I suggest you wash these brushes before you use them because I got a lot of purple colored dye out. I washed until the water was clear, then dried them and they were fine. Probably residual dye they use to dye the bristles black.

Popular Makeup Brushes