Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/18/2011 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I recently started experimenting with various Sonia Kashuk brushes (concealer, eyeshadow, blush, kabuki, travel blush brush--not the brush set in the photo above, but various brushes sold individually in her collection) and I am pleasantly surprised with the quality. These make up brushes are a true bargain. They are moderately priced and comparable in effectiveness, durability, and design with the more expensive brands I have tried, such as Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier.

on 12/13/2007 6:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've been trying to figure out which brush set I purchased. I have a set of the short-handled white brushes--about 8 of them. I also have a few individual brushes in the long-handled black style.
The difference between the short-handled white brushes and the long-handled black ones is remarkable. The long-handled ones are so much better--they don't lose bristles and are quite soft. I took the set of brushes on a business trip recently, and they were terrible! They didn't disperse color properly, were scratchy and just plain bad! I was very disappointed because I had hoped to find a reasonably-priced set of brushes that I could keep just for travel. Instead, I'll keep packing and unpacking my regular brushes.
Stick to the long-handled brushes and don't buy the shorties!

I purchased the black,contoured blush brush, even though I doubted the quality. I was so wrong. I consider it the best blush brush I've ever puchased. It allows you to pick up the right amount of color - not to much, not too little. I've spent more money on pure squirrel brushes as well as crappy brushes from various high-end brands without getting the same effect. I don't know about SONIA KASHUK"S white-handled brushes, but I will DEFINATELY purchase the other brushes in the 'contour' line!

This is an excellent line of brushes! Sonia Kashuk's brushes from Target have consistently been rated the #1 inexpensive brush line in InStyle Magazines "Best of Beauty" for about 3 years in a row and they are absolutely right! They are mostly made of natural fibers, the packaging is great and if you take care of them, they will last you a long time. I think that except for a couple of Bobbie Brown and Sephora brushes (BB large eye shader and Sephora's brozer brushes), I really don't see the need to spend a fortune for the real expensive kind. They do tend to shed a little and I have to check myself before I leave the house for black hairs, but other than that, these brushes are an excellent value (this way, I have more $$ for makeup!!!). Thanks Sonia!!

on 10/2/2003 2:30:00 PM

I have the nylon brush for concealer, the eyeliner, and two of the small eyeshadow brushes. I reach for these more often than my Trish McEvoy eyeshadow brush. I am mystified by the "scratchy" comments. They are great quality at a great price.

Popular Makeup Brushes