Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

4.5

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

So I am new to makeup. Yes, I've worn makeup on and off here and there but just recently I decided to get more into it. I needed brushes and was thinking about Sigma but I discovered Sonia Kashuk through youtube and her brushes do not disspapoint. I have the black handle brushes and they are so soft. On youtube you can find Sonia Kashuk doing some makeup tutorials using her black handle brushes. Good brushes and the price is budget friendly.

on 6/12/2010 6:58:00 PM

I LOVE these brushes. They are around $8-$15 per brush, which I think is very inexpensive for a nice makeup brush. I have about 6 of these. I've had MAC brushes, and I actually prefer these! I had lots of shedding problems with my MAC powder brush, and I've had no issues with these. I was initially drawn to how pretty they are--contoured black with a faint hint of sparkle. I adore them and hope they aren't discontinued anytime soon.

on 10/24/2009 6:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really am impressed with these brushes. I was looking for a good quality brush set that wasn't way out of my budget and I definitely found it in the Sonia Kashuk brush collection. I bought a 5 piece set with the black handles (the blush brush, angled eye shadow brush, small eye shadow brush, the eye brow/lash brush and the eye liner brush) plus 2 additional brushes (the crease brush and large eye shadow brush). While these cost nearly $50 for all, I think that's a great deal compared to some brushes that have that price for ONE! I am very happy with the softness as well. Initially I purchased them to use with a smashbox eye shadow kit I found on Sephora that will be arriving soon, but I couldn't wait. So I broke out the covergirl quad I have been using and tried the small/large eye shadow and crease brushes with it....I have to admit that the brushes make even a low end drugstore eyeshadow blend like a high quality one!!

Best drugstore brushes, by far. I even prefer them to most cosmetics counter brushes. I haven't really had a problem with hair falling out. The blush brush has lost some shape, but I suspect that is because I don't wash/reshpae them as often as I should.

on 8/21/2006 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i heard all the rave about SK brushes so i got a powder brush #01. Unfortunately, everytime i use it the brush sheds and leaves the loose bristles on my face. i end up having to pick them off. i wasn't too happy with my purchase so now i'm looking for a more expensive brush that wouldn't shed.

I got the travel kit that sells for $20 @ Target (also available online) and it is more than worth what I paid for. Although they are not quite as thick as the brushes I got in the BE's mineral makeup brushes, I feel they are much softer and silkier on my face--they don't "prick" at all. After I sent back the starter kit and got a makeup that was bismuth oxychloride free, I needed some decent brushes that weren't the kabuki style. I read somewhere that you have to be careful about the "buffing" technique as it can cause tears in your pores and possibly cause more breakouts; it is better to use silky, fluffy brushes like the blush/powder brush in this kit. All the brushes (the big brush,a large, medium, & small eye shadow brush, a nylon brush, lip brush, a contour brush, and brow brush) are great and were what I actually needed!

on 8/29/2003 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

These brushes are a serious steal! Though they'll never compare with my Shu Uemura set, they're great for add ons or for beginner brushes. I purchased a set for my niece and she loves them. For myself, I've added the brow brush, the smudge brush and a few extra shadow brushes. Ya just gotta love a bargain!

on 3/31/2003 11:57:00 PM

I got 5 brushes in a set with a cute pink travel bag. I really like these, they are so soft and make the application really easy. I havent washed them yet, so I hope they wont dissapoint me. Great price too!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Almost all of my brushes are from Sonia Kashuk. Excellent quality. Can compete with any high end line. Definately recommend

on 11/18/2001 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ok these brushes are high quality all the way and definately not expensive I would say they are just as good as some of the mac and other high end brushes I have used.

Popular Makeup Brushes