Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Filtered by age: 19-24
Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

4.1

The only white handled one I own is the mascara/brow wand. It has held up well and I am prone to abusing my brushes. *cringes* Even the natural hair ones.
The only black handled one I own is the Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose No. 4. Seriously soft, and it works with any product I have dipped it into.
I also own the Into the Woods collection, now called "Straight From Nature." I first bought them when they came out in aproximately 2009. The only reason they shed was because I left them dirty and in storage jumbled in the box for a few months whilst I sorted an allergy. They still retain their shape after washing and healthy doses of Redken Extreme Anti Snap leave in, and the shedding has ceased after the broken bristles have come out.
I broke down and purchased the 15th Anniversary set. It is every bit as good as I thought. You can do anything from daily wear to costume applications.
I wouldn never hesitate to arm your vanity with these. Save and then splurge on the black handled ones and collections.

these brushes are amazing. I love the black handled brushes. They are pricey, but they feel amazing on the skin and you can use less product with these brushes. they really pick up the pigment in powders well

on 4/21/2010 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Sonia is da bomb! I love her brushes, the handles are long and beautiful ( the black ones) and work very well! I reccomend these 100%. Dont waste money to MAC get Sonia brushes!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I started with one brush, then went back a month later for more, and on and on until I wound up with the complete set. I picked up the white-handled skunk brush initially, as I didn't want to shell out the cash for MAC. I don't have the 187 or 188 to compare it to, but it works great for me. I got hooked and I kept on with the white brushes so they'd all match. There are 17 brushes in the collection: a powder brush, blush brush, angled contour brush, small, medium, and large shader brushes, a concealer brush, a bullet-shaped crease brush, medium and large foundation brushes, a spoolie, a lash/brow comb, angled liner brush, a "fluffy" shadow brush that's similar to the small shader but more dense, a crease brush, a stiff, thin pencil brush, and the highlighter skunk brush. The packaging leaves quite a bit to be desired, unfortunately. The black-handled brushes are sold in rounded hard plastic cases, but the white ones are in soft plastic sleeves that keep the brush heads rather flat. Most of the brushes didn't suffer for it, but the fluffy ones--powder, blush, highlighter, and contour--needed an overnight stay or two in brush guards after cleaning. After a couple of months, they're fine, but I'd rather not have had to do brush surgery right away.
There is minimal shedding with some of the brushes when they're washed, but none when I use them on my face. They aren't as dense as they could be, but the shading brushes are nice and firm and they all do the job well. I'm not completely sold on the foundation brushes. The bristles aren't the best-quality synthetic out there, and they work better for moisturizer or primer instead of foundation. The natural bristle brushes are some of the softest I've ever felt and apply like a dream.
Long story short, these brushes are a safe bet. They apply well, wash well, and dry relatively quickly. I keep hearing great things about the black-handled brushes, so I might retire these to travel and backup if they're worth it. Total cost of the 17 brushes was under $150, but that's including 10.25% sales tax. All in all a great buy.

on 11/6/2009 2:53:00 PM

I bought the sonia kashuk stippling brush thinking it would be good for foundation application and I did use it for awhile but decided to go back to my foundation brush because there was less blending to do with the foundation brush. But then I started using it for blush and I just love it!!!!! I use it everyday for blush and dont plan on buying any other blush brush!

on 11/5/2009 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So it was looong overdue for a new set of makeup brushes. The kinds I normally get are the ones from sephora, but I really didn't want to spend a ton of money but I didn't want cheap crap either. Well I'm sorry to say these brushes are. I bought the handles that are white, I purchased the big powder brush, the blush brush, the eyeshadow blending brush and another eyeshadow brush. The brushes first off, werent' that soft. In the basic powder applications with my big powder brush, the brush started shedding really really bad. This also happened with my other brush when I applied my blush. I am so dissapointed. I'm thinking the ones with the black handles are way better but those were a little bit more pricey. Anyway I will go on and find some nice quality brushes, Im looking at the ecoTool line for now.

on 7/30/2008 4:41:00 PM

I heard that the Sonia Kashuk brushes were good, so i went to target to buy a set. I felt the display brushes and they were really soft. i was very excited about these brushes. I bought the travel set which comes with 6 brushes. The brushes have silver handles. They are very pretty, but the brushes are hard and scratchy. Don't make a mistake and get these thinking they are the same as the other Sonia Kashuk brushes.

UPDATE!
I do like the crease brush. This one doesn't poke my eye and it works well.

on 4/5/2008 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I just purchased the large powder brush, and the new flat top blush brush from the black handle ergonomic line, and i am in love! I did the initial wash and not one hair fell out. The softness of the bristles are definitely comparable to any high end brand. I've also been using the small e/s brush, the angle brush, and the smudge brush every day since Christmas and haven't had a problem yet. I reach for these brushes just as often as i reach for my M.A.C. brushes. The smudge brush is great for getting the inner eye area. I use the small shadow brush to sweep on color, or apply pigments. And I use the angle brush for lining my eye with shadow. I am in love with the softness, and you can't beat the price for what you're getting. I don't recommend the cheaper white handled brushes though. I only had a couple e/s ones and they fell apart after a couple of washes. And i only wash my brushes once a week, so.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These brushes are terrible. First of all the brushes are not soft, thus the skin starts hurting following application. The brushes for the eye shadow do not blend at all. Additionally, the eye shadow brushes don't "hold" they eye shadow at all, after swirling the brush in the eye shadow (very conservative amount) and upon application the eye shadow just falls on the cheek ( and my eye shadow is good quality) The blush brushes are also problematic since they fail to blend out the blush.

After reading lots of great reviews about these Sonia Kashuk brushes, I decide to head to my local target to purchase these. (Okay, I've fallen into another "good reviews, but REALLY its not". Thanks.) I was very disappointment with the quality of these brushes ---------- theses brushes are not soft, their very rough once apply to my skin, and after wash they tend to shed lots of hair.

Popular Makeup Brushes