KANEBO Sensai Silky Silk Peeling Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
KANEBO Sensai Silky Silk Peeling Powder
Sensai Silky Silk Peeling Powder

4.3

I really really really enjoyed using this product. It made my skin super soft, feel clean and brightened ot dramatically. It was given to me as a gift and a year later when I went to stock up was a bit surprised by the price, the powder is not cheap but lasted me an entire year so I definately re-purchased. A tip for those with oily skin, dont apply too much pressure to get that freshly scrubbed face feeling because even though the powder dissolves to a paste you can still cause burns.

on 6/7/2009 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This peeling works great for me- my skin just *glows* after a peeling with this baby. I would definately repurchase, but I'm not even halfway through my bottle after 2 years.

on 11/24/2008 10:04:00 AM

This is the only Kanebo product I own. I love the idea of a powder as an exfoliator. You add a small amount of water to it before applying to your face. If you use too much water, it ruins the application. I thought this would be way too gentle since I usually prefer larger granules to exfoliate with, but this makes my skin so smooth and silky. It's not for everyday use so I use it 1-2 times a week. We bought this from Saks, and I was concerned that we had just wasted $50 by falling for a salesperson's demonstration. But anytime my husband buys a product this expensive just so he can use it, it must be something excellent. He was right. We love it! As a side note; I thought this made my skin burn horribly, but then I remembered that I had used alcohol on my cheek earlier because a mosquito had bitten me. :( All other applications have been burn-free. I will definitely not use an alcohol based product before applying this to be on the safe side.

on 6/9/2008 4:35:00 AM

I got a sample and used it several times during cooler weather and a major regime overhaul. I think the Sensai range is very well formulated, and despite my reluctance to use a foaming cleanser, this was nice and gentle.

My skin is used to physical exfoliation and enzyme peels so I hardly thought this could have any exfoliation effects for me - and no it does not!! I would not purchase full size as I do not enjoy using powders during cleansing. I am currently using either Cellcosmet rich cream cleanser, or non fragranced micellaire solutions during winter. I may consider double cleansing as my next experiment but no I can never see a peeling powder as a part of my regime.

on 10/22/2005 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The Kanebo Silk Peeling Powder scrub is a 5 star scrub! My aunt who lives in France, just sent me a package w/ all kinds of cosmetic goodies & I received a full size bottle of this! This isn't your typical scrub because the consistency is a soft white powder, which you rub on wet skin. It turns into a white foamy substance w/ soft balls/ granules, which won't pull or tug at your skin. I really think this scrub would be great for someone w/ sensitive, dry or problem type skin because it is so gentle, yet effective. I am pretty oily myself, no acne issues & this scrub left my skin very soft & radiant. Absolutely luv this stuff.

on 4/14/2003 10:25:00 AM

Ok, remember the Adzuki bean scrub from The body shop, how it was this powder you shook out onto your hand and mixed up with water to then smear all over your face? Well this is like that.
This has a pre-measured pourer so you take the bottle and turn it upside down once over your hand. then you wet your other hand and rub both together to dissolve the powder and make it foamy. Smear all over face in circular motion and rinse! continued >>