KANEBO Sensai Silky Silk Peeling Powder

KANEBO Sensai Silky Silk Peeling Powder
Sensai Silky Silk Peeling Powder

4.6

on 9/20/2007 9:17:00 AM

Who was it, PT Barnum who said there is a sucker born every minute? What was I thinking when this slick Saks SA talked me into buying an exfoliant that you put on and rinse off in the shower? For $50, no less??! I mean, the stuff isn't on your skin long enough to do anything. It is *not* a scrub. It's a powder that you wet, apply to your face in the shower and rinse it off. Don't worry, it will come off, b/c the shower is beating on your body as you are applying it. In fact, the stuff you put on the top of your face is gone by the time you get to the bottom. So....I started using it outside of the shower. I put some powder in my palm, wet it to a paste, and put it on my face until it dries. Then I wash it off. And my face feels and looks absolutely no different after I put it on than before. I'm glad so many other buyers are having good luck with this product. I certainly am not. And if I ever go to Chicago again and get a chance to go to Saks, I'm going to try to get my $$ back.

on 9/10/2007 3:26:00 AM

maybe it is just me ... I totally hate this scrub!!!!
it breaks my skin up whenever I use it, be it twice a week or once a month. my face will be covered with bumps for the next two days after I use it!!

on 8/14/2013 5:20:00 PM

|t sure is silky, leaves the skin feeling a bit weird rather than peeled. Like you have washed your face with a really cheap soap and it s washed off any possible oils on your skin. The packaging is also not the most practical one. You pour the powder out and it is difficult to pour out the right amount. Should you pour too much onto your hand and it is damp, you can 't pour it back in because it would get stuck in the bottle. It is more like dry soap flakes than a good face scrub.

on 6/9/2008 4:35:00 AM

I got a sample and used it several times during cooler weather and a major regime overhaul. I think the Sensai range is very well formulated, and despite my reluctance to use a foaming cleanser, this was nice and gentle.

My skin is used to physical exfoliation and enzyme peels so I hardly thought this could have any exfoliation effects for me - and no it does not!! I would not purchase full size as I do not enjoy using powders during cleansing. I am currently using either Cellcosmet rich cream cleanser, or non fragranced micellaire solutions during winter. I may consider double cleansing as my next experiment but no I can never see a peeling powder as a part of my regime.

on 4/12/2008 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I feel like this is one of Kanebo's best products.I love the packaging..it's a cute little dispenser that gives you the exact amount.

Problem I have is that yes it makes my skin super smooth...nut so does an aspirin mask.I just don't see any major benefits of it and it seems expensive for just a nice smooth feeling scrub.

on 12/19/2004 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First, my excuses for the bad English but i'm from Belgium.
I am now on my second bottle of this product. I have roseaca and am unable to scrub my face with particles in. This is the only scrub you can use if you have a hypersensitive skin. I do not find it that expensive because a bottle lasts more than 8 months if used weekly. In the beginnin i was very pleased with the results. Finally a scrub for us, sensitives. But i think i can now say after more then one year use it doesn't scrub at all. It's just a very good wash. Very clean, but get rid of dead cells? I don't think so... La Prairie's Foam cleanser gives the same clean feeling and if that would be used weekly the tube would last more than 2 years! I think this one is a really great cleanser...but no scrub. No third bottle for me!

I really really really enjoyed using this product. It made my skin super soft, feel clean and brightened ot dramatically. It was given to me as a gift and a year later when I went to stock up was a bit surprised by the price, the powder is not cheap but lasted me an entire year so I definately re-purchased. A tip for those with oily skin, dont apply too much pressure to get that freshly scrubbed face feeling because even though the powder dissolves to a paste you can still cause burns.

I've been using this product for years, and I like it. My skin does not tolerate exfoliating products well and it is one of the few products I can use. It does a very good job in eliminating flakes. My skin feels softer, too. Although it feels gentle, I think it is quite potent: if I use too frequently, my skin feels drier. Overall I think it's a decent exfoliating product for sensitive skin. I deducted one lippie because of the outrageous price.

on 4/20/2007 8:45:00 AM

I bought this after so many positive reviews here at MUA.
I find this product, gentle on sensitive skin and does not scratch like other scrubs/exfoliants, but i find this doesn't do much to my skin.
It remains smooth for only 1 day and i'm back where i started. The bottle is pretty nifty though.

on 4/15/2007 6:46:00 PM

This works really well to clean my face and make it smooth. However, I don't think it really exfoliates. I will be trying the Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel next.. I think that might do a better job at exfoliating. However, I will always have the Kanebo one around just to use occassionally for a good cleaning.