Kanebo Sensai Emulsion II

Kanebo Sensai Emulsion II

3.5

Water, Squalane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Petrolatum, Sorbitan Isostearate, Niacinamide, Stearic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Xanthan Gum, Bentonite, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Behenyl Alcohol, Cholesteryl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methylserine, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Juice, Fragrance (Parfum), Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Dimethoxy Di-P-Cresol, Hydrolyzed Silk, Bletilla Striata (Root Extract), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Extract, Pyracantha Fortuneana (Fruit Extract), Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Bht, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, Red 4 (Ci 14700), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140)

I've been using this moisturizer on and off for years, after a friend with amazing skin let it drop that she uses Kanebo/Sensai Cellular Performance products exclusively (and the now discontinued The Silk Awakening Essence). It's their most basic moisturizer and is supposed to work with their lotions, and I find that the combination really is the bee's knees! Together they moisturize skin in a way that few other products can, and skin looks pampered and really hydrated afterwards. The Emulsion II can be a bit heavy for combination/oily skins, but that's why there are 4 basic moisturizers in the Cellular Performance line, Emulsion II is the middle-ground basically, Emulsion I is a lightweight, almost gel-like product, Emulsion III is richer and Cream is for really dry skins. All the products are lightly scented and Kanebo even claims that the fragrance notes have skin benefits, so you're supposed to deeply inhale the scent before applying the Emulsion. I see it as a basic moisturizer, it fits well into my routine and works well with other products, and causes no grievances like breakouts or irritations.

on 5/17/2017 8:34:00 AM

Summary - the product worth the price, it improves hydration and color. My skin after any other product was not so soft and silky. The combination of lotion and emulsion has long-term effects, so I decided to use this formulation once a year. I use it TOGETHER with lotion II-this combo is better than any cream on the world!
Great, great product for months!
highly recommend

on 8/14/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I used many moisturizers and creams from many brands, and after using Shiseido for many years, I switched to Kanebo two years ago, because I wasn't entirely happy with Shiseido as I stll had these once-a-month cysts with it.
After trying the Kanebo Cellular Performance line which had some peeling effect on my skin I didn't like I started with the Sensai line instead, an with the Sensai Silk lotion & Emulsioni II (moist) I really have the skin of my dreams. I'm using this for nearly two years now, and since then I never had ANY spot or Cyst again. My skin always looks soft and plumped, never a dry spot and it is perfect also as make-up base. Apart from that I really like the very subtle scents of the whole Sensai-line. I always thought I'd never get rid of these once-a-month cysts, but they just vanished forever since I use this emulsion.

on 8/1/2010 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was given to me as a sample when I bought their eye cream.

While the product is really soft on my skin and is easily absorbed and didn't cause any breakouts, it still didn't really moisturize. My skin starts feeling dry a little while after I apply it- and my skin isn't really ever dry even in the winter.

on 9/6/2011 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an awesome product for drier skins. I received a sample which lasted about a month, Kanebo seems to not only be very generous with samples but their products also go a really long way. This moisturizer actually worked a lot better than many high-end anti-wrinkle creams and this is not even supposed to be a specific anti-wrinkle cream. As pretty much all Sensai products I have been impressed. The only reason I am only giving it four stars is because I loved the Hydrachange line even more.

on 4/24/2016 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This was a very disappointing product. I bought the emulsion II and lotion II together upon the recommendation of the store where I bought it. After I told the lady that I usually use Lancome Hydrazen and want something similar (they did not have on stock) she recommended this product(s). Because it was super expensive I thought it must be good. And she said it's the best product they have. I told her have very dry skin. I only use it now cause it was so expensive. It makes my skin burn, keeps it moisturized for less than half an hour and the redness in my skin has returned after I went through so much trial and error until finally I found the Lancome. And on top of this all, it gives me tiny white spots on my skin, not a full breakout but it seems to clog my pores. I don't smell alcohol like some people say but it is definitely filmy and bit greasy even after 10 minutes I still feel it. I think it probably works for some people, but not with my sensitive dry red awkward skin. I honestly have tried products for a fraction of the price that are comparable and even better than this.

on 6/9/2008 4:25:00 AM

My skin, at time of review - oily t-zone, easily congested, sluggish skin turnover, mild sensitivity, dehydrated especially worse during winter

This is a review of the Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Emulsion II in older packaging (the new version with round packaging was released late 2007 but apparently the only difference in formulation is an additional orchid extract). I bought this full size without trying..! I am going through a stage where I am really liking high end Japanese skincare, and I find that choosing a product by ingredients listing is no longer a fair judgment and I can never predict what elegant formulations these top end guys are releasing.

I really did not know what to expect of the texture, I thought it was going to be quite heavy and wondered how on earth the product was going to move through those annoying glass jars with no dispenser. Well the Emulsion is quite watery, and be careful when you tip the bottle because the product gains a lot of momentum when moving out and I often end up with too much in my hands.

I like Cellular Performance because it is still suitable for young problem skin and contains more niacinamide than Sensai Silk or Impress, but Sensai Premier and above is not suitable for acne prone skin. This is one of the few high end products that uses simple pure niacinamide, none of that pro-niacin stuff!!

I think 100ml can last a long time, although in winter I find I like Albion milk II more, and I use A LOT of Sensai Emulsion II when my skin is feeling dry, I don't think it is such a great idea to go heavy handed with emulsions, it ends up forming a strange film on the skin that does not absorb.

I am not sure if my skin will like this in the peak of summer, although I see it as a good product for autumn/spring, and switching at the right time is critical to maintaining skin barrier integrity. I would consider trying the Sensai CP cream, very impressed with its results.

Does not feel heavy, although looks quite shiny/waxy even when fully absorbed (I also naturally have shiny skin) and does not cause congestion or acne at all. It does last long on the skin, because when I rinse in water I feel that it is still slippery. Fragrance of very light (but not cheap or synthetic) bubble gum and a pale pink colour. I don't mind the additives at all since good formulations use hypoallergenic colouring and scents. continued >>

on 4/12/2008 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was an absolute HG for me for a while there...but then it seems as my skin has been drier lately it's just not working for me at all.

Within a few minutes after applying it my skin is back to feeling dry and tight again.I'm just not sure about Kanebo...you can easily end up spending $500+ on a skin care system and for the price I feel like I didn't see much in the way of results.

it hasn't made my skin worse...just not better!

i was given this as a sample and I have to say that it is one of the best moisturisers ever! i have a combination skin and this one is great for fall winter as you need added moisture. it moisturised my skin perfectly, and even gave a bit of a glow. my skin didn;t feel oily at all, i didn;t even wake up with that feeling on my skin as I do when I use some darphin products. it has a light smell, minimalist packaging and i would thoroughly recommend it. i have also tried shisheido and it also makes my skin a bit oily even though I use the light one but this one delivered perfectly. not even a spot. great cream/

on 3/9/2010 5:02:00 AM

I liked the smell, but I was so disappointed with this. It is really pricey and not even remotely moisturizing. I love Kanebo but I don't know what they are thinking with this.