KANEBO Sensai Lotion II

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
KANEBO Sensai Lotion II

4.6

I’m very happy with this, has brightened up my complexion and has not caused acne.

on 8/10/2010 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was given a sample of this product (among other products) when I purchased some Sensai eye cream. It's funny that this is the only one of the products that I liked- INCLUDING one that I actually paid for, lol.

Anyway, as mentioned, this toner is the only product that I actually liked. It was light, smelled good, softened my skin, didn't burn and didn't cause any breakouts or or dried my skin. However, I do not think that I will be purchasing this at all because I find their prices outrageous. On the other hand- since I'm sure of its effects I will give it a MAYBE in the future.

on 6/9/2008 4:31:00 AM

I have only tried a sample, a friend passed on the two step luxury sample set and I got about half a dozen uses from it. I was considering buying both lotion and emulsion together full size, I only got the emulsion because I grew quite apprehensive because of the comments regarding alcohol and dryness.

I have oily but easily dehydrated skin, so I avoid alcohol products like the plague, my last affair with alcohol laden products was Clinique back in 2004, and since then I have never even put so much as a facial cotton on the skin. I don't use the lotion with facial cotton but I press into the skin (SK II style!) while it is damp after a toner spritz. The Lotion is not a serum/moisturiser in the Western sense, it is the Asian equivalent of a toner, but the texture is like heavy slippery water. I think it serves as a balancing, softening and penetration enhancing step, while providing moderate hydration.

I have used this both straight and after airing to allow the alchol to evaporate, no significant sensations can be detected. I do find it a bit sticky if I use against dry skin.

In winter I will probably consider Lotion III, and Lotion II for spring/autumn and occassional in summer. This does not cause any congestion or acne for me, nor does it aggravate redness.

I was given a sample of the whole 5-step range of products, but I wasn't very much impressed with almost all of the products. This lotion, too, is a bit heavy in alcohol and I think alcohol dehydrates skin. The bonus, though, is that with regular use I noticed my breakouts (I used to have one or two breakouts regularly, especially on my chin) almost disappeared and my skin felt plumper. The price is a bit exaggerated.

on 10/24/2004 10:05:00 AM

This is the first part of Kanebo's moisturizing regimen. I love this lotion- I use it daily and it makes my skin look glowy and feel so soft. I have super sensitive skin that is combo- it is also breakout prone. I find that this has not irritated my skin despite the high alcohol content (one neg. of line- lots of alcohol in products but the combo of ingredients somehow nullifies any negative effects) and makes my other skincare products just melt in my skin. Beautiful scent and is fromthe antiaging line Sensai which has antioxidants and humectants for aging skine (YIKES! I am aging:) lol) Anyways- I find this line fab and cannot imagine myself or my skin before finding this! Thanks Sassy and Thinker!:)

on 1/28/2004 3:18:00 PM

Great lotion, different than all the other brands I've tried. Very important step. Kanebo works with a double cleansing programm and double moisturizing. This is the first step of the double moisturizing, after this apply the emulsion II or the sensai moisturizing cream also a winner.

on 4/14/2003 9:34:00 AM

Fantastic product. I can't call it a toner as it has no alcohol, but it's more like a moisture prep. Gives a fantastic base for Kanebo's Emulsion II.

Available at: