Kanebo Sensai Lotion II

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Kanebo Sensai Lotion II

on 6/9/2008 4:31:00 AM

I have only tried a sample, a friend passed on the two step luxury sample set and I got about half a dozen uses from it. I was considering buying both lotion and emulsion together full size, I only got the emulsion because I grew quite apprehensive because of the comments regarding alcohol and dryness.

I have oily but easily dehydrated skin, so I avoid alcohol products like the plague, my last affair with alcohol laden products was Clinique back in 2004, and since then I have never even put so much as a facial cotton on the skin. I don't use the lotion with facial cotton but I press into the skin (SK II style!) while it is damp after a toner spritz. The Lotion is not a serum/moisturiser in the Western sense, it is the Asian equivalent of a toner, but the texture is like heavy slippery water. I think it serves as a balancing, softening and penetration enhancing step, while providing moderate hydration.

I have used this both straight and after airing to allow the alchol to evaporate, no significant sensations can be detected. I do find it a bit sticky if I use against dry skin.

In winter I will probably consider Lotion III, and Lotion II for spring/autumn and occassional in summer. This does not cause any congestion or acne for me, nor does it aggravate redness.

on 4/14/2003 9:34:00 AM

Fantastic product. I can't call it a toner as it has no alcohol, but it's more like a moisture prep. Gives a fantastic base for Kanebo's Emulsion II.

Available at: