Kanebo Sensai Lotion II

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Kanebo Sensai Lotion II

3.8

Out of all the lotions this is by far my favorite! I don't use it consistently, I go on and off the whole Kanebo/Sensai line, but somehow I return and than someone comments on how nice my skin looks. Because it makes my skin glow! There are only a handful of products that are this good (a good vitamin C product, a glycolic peel, Kanebo/Sensai Silk Peeling Powder, few Sisley products), but this one is the easiest. Cleanse, apply Lotion II (I just pour some on hands and then press it into skin) and then moisturizer on top (usually one of their Cellular Performance Emulsions - they work wonderfully with the Lotions). Lotion also potentiates pretty much any product that goes on top of it, be it a vitamin C product, prescription acne medications, other moisturizers, even makeup looks better with Lotion underneath. There is also a way of maxing out the benefits of the Lotion: Kanebo/Sensai has a nice little set of lotion mask tablets. You're supposed to put a tablet in the Lotion (it explains it all on the packaging) and it grows into a sheet mask that pushes the Lotion deeper into skin, pretty much making skin red carpet ready (coupled with a lymphatic massage anyway). I tried it with other mask tablets, but those are no match to the weirdly thin parchment-like material Kanebo uses and don't work half as well.

on 10/31/2013 7:35:00 AM

Strange - I seem to be one of the very very few who didn´t get along with this product. As it is quite expensive, I expected a definite winner, but when I apply it on my skin (no matter how - with a cotton pad, with bare hands, on damp skin, on dry skin...) I feel like it suffocates me! It forms a layer (even though I always applied it sparingly) through which my skin just can´t breathe properly. So I decided to finish the sample by treating the back of my hands with it after washing....ugh - the same thing! It even feels uncomfortable on my hands, like I put latexgloves on...I have no choice but to throw it away, no way I´m using this up.

on 6/9/2008 4:31:00 AM

I have only tried a sample, a friend passed on the two step luxury sample set and I got about half a dozen uses from it. I was considering buying both lotion and emulsion together full size, I only got the emulsion because I grew quite apprehensive because of the comments regarding alcohol and dryness.

I have oily but easily dehydrated skin, so I avoid alcohol products like the plague, my last affair with alcohol laden products was Clinique back in 2004, and since then I have never even put so much as a facial cotton on the skin. I don't use the lotion with facial cotton but I press into the skin (SK II style!) while it is damp after a toner spritz. The Lotion is not a serum/moisturiser in the Western sense, it is the Asian equivalent of a toner, but the texture is like heavy slippery water. I think it serves as a balancing, softening and penetration enhancing step, while providing moderate hydration.

I have used this both straight and after airing to allow the alchol to evaporate, no significant sensations can be detected. I do find it a bit sticky if I use against dry skin.

In winter I will probably consider Lotion III, and Lotion II for spring/autumn and occassional in summer. This does not cause any congestion or acne for me, nor does it aggravate redness.

on 12/22/2007 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am trying out several Kanebo products based on a recommendation from a fellow MUAer along with some Shisheido and Cle de Peau products as well. I am liking these Japanese lines.I did a swap on MUA for this Kanebo toner. It is too hard to get out of the bottle (the opening is too small, I think), but otherwise, I like the product. It feels good on my dry skin. I have never been a big devotee or regular user of toners, period.....a lot of research indicates they are an extra, unnecessary step. It's impossible tor know whether or not this particular toner/lotion actually does any more or less than many other mild toners I have tried, but it does leave my skin smooth and soft and not tingly or tight (as some toners can). According to Kanebo literature, (and as a lot of other toners also claim) this product preps the skin to more effectively absorb ingredients in treatments used thereafter. So, as toners/softeners go, I think this one is very good (albeit expensive at $70 retail).