KANEBO Sensai Lotion II

Filtered by skin type : Combination
KANEBO Sensai Lotion II

4.3

Out of all the lotions this is by far my favorite! I don't use it consistently, I go on and off the whole Kanebo/Sensai line, but somehow I return and than someone comments on how nice my skin looks. Because it makes my skin glow! There are only a handful of products that are this good (a good vitamin C product, a glycolic peel, Kanebo/Sensai Silk Peeling Powder, few Sisley products), but this one is the easiest. Cleanse, apply Lotion II (I just pour some on hands and then press it into skin) and then moisturizer on top (usually one of their Cellular Performance Emulsions - they work wonderfully with the Lotions). Lotion also potentiates pretty much any product that goes on top of it, be it a vitamin C product, prescription acne medications, other moisturizers, even makeup looks better with Lotion underneath. There is also a way of maxing out the benefits of the Lotion: Kanebo/Sensai has a nice little set of lotion mask tablets. You're supposed to put a tablet in the Lotion (it explains it all on the packaging) and it grows into a sheet mask that pushes the Lotion deeper into skin, pretty much making skin red carpet ready (coupled with a lymphatic massage anyway). I tried it with other mask tablets, but those are no match to the weirdly thin parchment-like material Kanebo uses and don't work half as well.

on 5/17/2017 8:30:00 AM

oh my Gooood it is a miracle!
I love this lotion togeher with Emulsion II
At the beginning the "glue effect" was annoying but after some time I got used to it and there is no longer any lightness for this beautifully moistened skin.
There is no more dryness.
Moisturizer better than any cream.
It is expensive but very efficient. One set of emulsion plus lotion is about 5-6 months of use 2 times a day.
pores are gone, the spots disappear, I have no surprises -it is amazing produkt
Wonderful discovery this year!
highly recommend

on 10/31/2013 7:35:00 AM

Strange - I seem to be one of the very very few who didn´t get along with this product. As it is quite expensive, I expected a definite winner, but when I apply it on my skin (no matter how - with a cotton pad, with bare hands, on damp skin, on dry skin...) I feel like it suffocates me! It forms a layer (even though I always applied it sparingly) through which my skin just can´t breathe properly. So I decided to finish the sample by treating the back of my hands with it after washing....ugh - the same thing! It even feels uncomfortable on my hands, like I put latexgloves on...I have no choice but to throw it away, no way I´m using this up.

on 8/10/2010 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was given a sample of this product (among other products) when I purchased some Sensai eye cream. It's funny that this is the only one of the products that I liked- INCLUDING one that I actually paid for, lol.

Anyway, as mentioned, this toner is the only product that I actually liked. It was light, smelled good, softened my skin, didn't burn and didn't cause any breakouts or or dried my skin. However, I do not think that I will be purchasing this at all because I find their prices outrageous. On the other hand- since I'm sure of its effects I will give it a MAYBE in the future.

on 6/9/2008 4:31:00 AM

I have only tried a sample, a friend passed on the two step luxury sample set and I got about half a dozen uses from it. I was considering buying both lotion and emulsion together full size, I only got the emulsion because I grew quite apprehensive because of the comments regarding alcohol and dryness.

I have oily but easily dehydrated skin, so I avoid alcohol products like the plague, my last affair with alcohol laden products was Clinique back in 2004, and since then I have never even put so much as a facial cotton on the skin. I don't use the lotion with facial cotton but I press into the skin (SK II style!) while it is damp after a toner spritz. The Lotion is not a serum/moisturiser in the Western sense, it is the Asian equivalent of a toner, but the texture is like heavy slippery water. I think it serves as a balancing, softening and penetration enhancing step, while providing moderate hydration.

I have used this both straight and after airing to allow the alchol to evaporate, no significant sensations can be detected. I do find it a bit sticky if I use against dry skin.

In winter I will probably consider Lotion III, and Lotion II for spring/autumn and occassional in summer. This does not cause any congestion or acne for me, nor does it aggravate redness.

on 10/24/2004 10:05:00 AM

This is the first part of Kanebo's moisturizing regimen. I love this lotion- I use it daily and it makes my skin look glowy and feel so soft. I have super sensitive skin that is combo- it is also breakout prone. I find that this has not irritated my skin despite the high alcohol content (one neg. of line- lots of alcohol in products but the combo of ingredients somehow nullifies any negative effects) and makes my other skincare products just melt in my skin. Beautiful scent and is fromthe antiaging line Sensai which has antioxidants and humectants for aging skine (YIKES! I am aging:) lol) Anyways- I find this line fab and cannot imagine myself or my skin before finding this! Thanks Sassy and Thinker!:)

on 1/28/2004 3:18:00 PM

Great lotion, different than all the other brands I've tried. Very important step. Kanebo works with a double cleansing programm and double moisturizing. This is the first step of the double moisturizing, after this apply the emulsion II or the sensai moisturizing cream also a winner.

on 11/19/2003 12:59:00 PM

I love this product! When the SA was telling me about this important step (Lotion II), I thought she just wanted to sell me more products, but I tried the very generous-sized sample and it's wonderful. After the cleansing step, you put this on before the Emulsion (or any moisturizer you might have) and it helps it sink in better. Sometimes, I just use this by itself on warm days. Can't say enough about this product!

on 4/14/2003 9:34:00 AM

Fantastic product. I can't call it a toner as it has no alcohol, but it's more like a moisture prep. Gives a fantastic base for Kanebo's Emulsion II.

Available at: