KANEBO Sensai Lotion II

KANEBO Sensai Lotion II

4.2

I’m very happy with this, has brightened up my complexion and has not caused acne.

Out of all the lotions this is by far my favorite! I don't use it consistently, I go on and off the whole Kanebo/Sensai line, but somehow I return and than someone comments on how nice my skin looks. Because it makes my skin glow! There are only a handful of products that are this good (a good vitamin C product, a glycolic peel, Kanebo/Sensai Silk Peeling Powder, few Sisley products), but this one is the easiest. Cleanse, apply Lotion II (I just pour some on hands and then press it into skin) and then moisturizer on top (usually one of their Cellular Performance Emulsions - they work wonderfully with the Lotions). Lotion also potentiates pretty much any product that goes on top of it, be it a vitamin C product, prescription acne medications, other moisturizers, even makeup looks better with Lotion underneath. There is also a way of maxing out the benefits of the Lotion: Kanebo/Sensai has a nice little set of lotion mask tablets. You're supposed to put a tablet in the Lotion (it explains it all on the packaging) and it grows into a sheet mask that pushes the Lotion deeper into skin, pretty much making skin red carpet ready (coupled with a lymphatic massage anyway). I tried it with other mask tablets, but those are no match to the weirdly thin parchment-like material Kanebo uses and don't work half as well.

on 5/17/2017 8:30:00 AM

oh my Gooood it is a miracle!
I love this lotion togeher with Emulsion II
At the beginning the "glue effect" was annoying but after some time I got used to it and there is no longer any lightness for this beautifully moistened skin.
There is no more dryness.
Moisturizer better than any cream.
It is expensive but very efficient. One set of emulsion plus lotion is about 5-6 months of use 2 times a day.
pores are gone, the spots disappear, I have no surprises -it is amazing produkt
Wonderful discovery this year!
highly recommend

on 12/22/2007 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am trying out several Kanebo products based on a recommendation from a fellow MUAer along with some Shisheido and Cle de Peau products as well. I am liking these Japanese lines.I did a swap on MUA for this Kanebo toner. It is too hard to get out of the bottle (the opening is too small, I think), but otherwise, I like the product. It feels good on my dry skin. I have never been a big devotee or regular user of toners, period.....a lot of research indicates they are an extra, unnecessary step. It's impossible tor know whether or not this particular toner/lotion actually does any more or less than many other mild toners I have tried, but it does leave my skin smooth and soft and not tingly or tight (as some toners can). According to Kanebo literature, (and as a lot of other toners also claim) this product preps the skin to more effectively absorb ingredients in treatments used thereafter. So, as toners/softeners go, I think this one is very good (albeit expensive at $70 retail).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was a recommendation at the counter and i use it for 3 months now. i have combination skin, but in winter my skin is very dry. i was looking for a serum to layer with my cream. this lotion is amazing, pure moisture, less fine wrinkles, no breakouts - normally i am sensitive to breakouts -. i love it. My husband is also using the lotion and nothing else. highly recommendet. Big bottle, so its cheaper than 1 oz. products.

on 10/24/2004 10:05:00 AM

This is the first part of Kanebo's moisturizing regimen. I love this lotion- I use it daily and it makes my skin look glowy and feel so soft. I have super sensitive skin that is combo- it is also breakout prone. I find that this has not irritated my skin despite the high alcohol content (one neg. of line- lots of alcohol in products but the combo of ingredients somehow nullifies any negative effects) and makes my other skincare products just melt in my skin. Beautiful scent and is fromthe antiaging line Sensai which has antioxidants and humectants for aging skine (YIKES! I am aging:) lol) Anyways- I find this line fab and cannot imagine myself or my skin before finding this! Thanks Sassy and Thinker!:)

on 3/14/2004 1:15:00 PM

Yes, this is a winner! A wonderful, soft, very moisturizing toner. This plus Sensai Emulsion II are my HG products for spring and summer. Great products!

on 1/28/2004 3:18:00 PM

Great lotion, different than all the other brands I've tried. Very important step. Kanebo works with a double cleansing programm and double moisturizing. This is the first step of the double moisturizing, after this apply the emulsion II or the sensai moisturizing cream also a winner.

on 11/19/2003 12:59:00 PM

I love this product! When the SA was telling me about this important step (Lotion II), I thought she just wanted to sell me more products, but I tried the very generous-sized sample and it's wonderful. After the cleansing step, you put this on before the Emulsion (or any moisturizer you might have) and it helps it sink in better. Sometimes, I just use this by itself on warm days. Can't say enough about this product!

fab product - have tried all the big names but found Kanebo to be a winner!