KANEBO Sensai Lotion II

Filtered by age: 30-35
KANEBO Sensai Lotion II

Out of all the lotions this is by far my favorite! I don't use it consistently, I go on and off the whole Kanebo/Sensai line, but somehow I return and than someone comments on how nice my skin looks. Because it makes my skin glow! There are only a handful of products that are this good (a good vitamin C product, a glycolic peel, Kanebo/Sensai Silk Peeling Powder, few Sisley products), but this one is the easiest. Cleanse, apply Lotion II (I just pour some on hands and then press it into skin) and then moisturizer on top (usually one of their Cellular Performance Emulsions - they work wonderfully with the Lotions). Lotion also potentiates pretty much any product that goes on top of it, be it a vitamin C product, prescription acne medications, other moisturizers, even makeup looks better with Lotion underneath. There is also a way of maxing out the benefits of the Lotion: Kanebo/Sensai has a nice little set of lotion mask tablets. You're supposed to put a tablet in the Lotion (it explains it all on the packaging) and it grows into a sheet mask that pushes the Lotion deeper into skin, pretty much making skin red carpet ready (coupled with a lymphatic massage anyway). I tried it with other mask tablets, but those are no match to the weirdly thin parchment-like material Kanebo uses and don't work half as well.

on 10/31/2013 7:35:00 AM

Strange - I seem to be one of the very very few who didn´t get along with this product. As it is quite expensive, I expected a definite winner, but when I apply it on my skin (no matter how - with a cotton pad, with bare hands, on damp skin, on dry skin...) I feel like it suffocates me! It forms a layer (even though I always applied it sparingly) through which my skin just can´t breathe properly. So I decided to finish the sample by treating the back of my hands with it after washing....ugh - the same thing! It even feels uncomfortable on my hands, like I put latexgloves on...I have no choice but to throw it away, no way I´m using this up.

on 5/20/2010 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this lotion and I am surprised that other reviewers mentioned there is lots of alcohol in it.Because I have very dry skin,and I felt this is really nice and moisturizing.So I am wondering if there is really alcohol inside???
It comes in hygienic glass bottle,and it comes out little by little so you dont have to be worry that you pour a lot on cotton.
It is soft nice smell,and nice to try,but I wouldnt buy again because for the lotion it is way too expensive.I am only using it at night,so it lasts quite a while.

on 10/24/2004 10:05:00 AM

This is the first part of Kanebo's moisturizing regimen. I love this lotion- I use it daily and it makes my skin look glowy and feel so soft. I have super sensitive skin that is combo- it is also breakout prone. I find that this has not irritated my skin despite the high alcohol content (one neg. of line- lots of alcohol in products but the combo of ingredients somehow nullifies any negative effects) and makes my other skincare products just melt in my skin. Beautiful scent and is fromthe antiaging line Sensai which has antioxidants and humectants for aging skine (YIKES! I am aging:) lol) Anyways- I find this line fab and cannot imagine myself or my skin before finding this! Thanks Sassy and Thinker!:)

on 1/28/2004 3:18:00 PM

Great lotion, different than all the other brands I've tried. Very important step. Kanebo works with a double cleansing programm and double moisturizing. This is the first step of the double moisturizing, after this apply the emulsion II or the sensai moisturizing cream also a winner.