KANEBO Sensai Lotion II

Filtered by age: 19-24
KANEBO Sensai Lotion II

3.7

on 6/9/2008 4:31:00 AM

I have only tried a sample, a friend passed on the two step luxury sample set and I got about half a dozen uses from it. I was considering buying both lotion and emulsion together full size, I only got the emulsion because I grew quite apprehensive because of the comments regarding alcohol and dryness.

I have oily but easily dehydrated skin, so I avoid alcohol products like the plague, my last affair with alcohol laden products was Clinique back in 2004, and since then I have never even put so much as a facial cotton on the skin. I don't use the lotion with facial cotton but I press into the skin (SK II style!) while it is damp after a toner spritz. The Lotion is not a serum/moisturiser in the Western sense, it is the Asian equivalent of a toner, but the texture is like heavy slippery water. I think it serves as a balancing, softening and penetration enhancing step, while providing moderate hydration.

I have used this both straight and after airing to allow the alchol to evaporate, no significant sensations can be detected. I do find it a bit sticky if I use against dry skin.

In winter I will probably consider Lotion III, and Lotion II for spring/autumn and occassional in summer. This does not cause any congestion or acne for me, nor does it aggravate redness.

on 4/12/2008 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This alcohol based lotion SERIOUSLY stings my dry sensitive skin...i've tried to handle it several times seeing as I bought it but stings every time!

It sort of goes with the SKII type clarifying clear lotion japanese trend but I haven't found either brand really works that well to clarify my skin.Not a fan of the product.

fab product - have tried all the big names but found Kanebo to be a winner!