Aromaleigh Pure Cover/PurePowder [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

3.6

on 7/11/2004 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have searched for the past ten years for a foundation that actually matches my skin. Every foundation I have used was not yellow enough for my complextion. I have finally found a perfect match. I love this product. It was easy for me to apply, and a little goes a long way, and I require a fair amount of coverage.

This is the first mineral foundation I've tried. I've used it for the past 2 days. I ordered 4 samples and the shipping was SUPER FAST! I've been applying mine with a regular blush brush but am planning on ordering a kabuki. The first time I tried it, it made more pores look HUGE! I think the color was too light. I tried a different color the next day and was suprised with the coverage. My face feels clean and it covered up the redness from past pimples. I apply it after I've let my moisturizer dry. I'm fairly happy with the coverage, it does look like I have makeup on if I get right up close to the mirror, but I'm not worried about that. It doesn't make my face itch or feel tight either. I will buy this again.
EDITED: 06/15/04-Once I tried Bare Minerals I set this aside. The coverage with the Aromaleigh was too matte. The Bare Minerals gives my face a nice dewey glow. If its a matte finish you want than this will work beautifully.

on 2/12/2004 8:23:00 AM

I managed to get the application down, but I thought that it wore badly. At the end of the day it had settled into fine lines and pores. My skin looked better with no make up on than it did with this stuff. I love the AL shadows and blush, but for foundation powder, I will stick with my HG Palladio.

on 12/15/2003 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used a variety of mineral makeups and while aromaleigh is better than some it is not in my opinion as good as others. I have tried almost all of the aromaleigh products, blush, colorwash, eyeshadows, pure cover and foundation, as well as the skincare. The products did not have the staying power I expect from my mineral makeup and I did not like the fact that the pure cover which is similar to other companies foundations was such a small amount of product for a price that is definitely not small. The shipping time and packaging was fine. Also having to blend the powder with the purecover was another step that I didnt need in my morning rush!;-).
Margot

on 12/12/2003 10:06:00 PM

This is the best mineral makeup powder I have ever used. Quality control and customer service is unbeatable. I ordered on a Tuesday and it was at my doorstep in 2 days. I'm very happy with how my face looks after wearing it for several hours. My pores are not accentuated and the finish is very beautiful.

on 2/10/2004 12:38:00 AM

This product is chalky and does not cover well at all no matter what application technique I tried. I will never buy this again.

on 4/13/2003 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Put me down as a convert. I've used Jane Iredale, Youngblood, and Jerome Alexander -- this is better. I grabbed 1N and 2C from an MUAer -- amazingly enough, the exact colors I had decided to order, after sifting through the baggie sample mix. (All too light, which is UNHEARD of in my personal experience.) The Pure Cover was a little too much cover, amazingly, so I doctored up a combo of the 1N, 2C, Illuminating powder, and some peach eye shadow (I also got from an MUAer). All these mix -- beeyooteefully -- because they are all just minerals. It's seven hours later, and I am still not shiny (!!!), my face looks like it is only wearing skin, and I stood quite close to new acquaintances and didn't worry they were looking at my pores. Ha. They could look all they wanted -- no pores to be seen.
:-> The real test for this, of course, will be the summer heat of So. California. I'll check back in when the temp rises. For now -- major rave. Of relief.

on 7/2/2003 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using aromaleigh pure cover and pure powder for over a month now so I've had plenty of time to test them out.I have to say that they are fabulous!I have very bad acne scars,and they are covered as if I took an eraser to them!I have to say that all minerals have a learning curve but once you get past that(and picking a color)it should be smooth sailing.

on 10/15/2003 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product, even after ordering like a zillion samples. I did find a true match and great coverage (a 50-50 Pure Powder/Pure Cover of 3Y/4Y). However, I had a bad reaction to it. It made my face very itchy and then I got this prickly hot sensation. I found that I had a slight red cast on my face when I would take it off. Too bad! They have exceptional customer service and the color combinations are unbeatable. The trick to good coverage I thought was that darn Kabuki Brush (a must-have for mineral make-up) and also a light application with a swirly buffing motion on the face. I tried to just use the samples of Pure Powder only, but the reaction was the same, but delayed. I guess I'm just extremely sensitive to the ingredients. I think that since mineral make-ups are composed of only a few ingredients, they tend to have a much higher concentration of those ingredients which can cause an allergic reaction for some. However, they are worth the try!