Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream

Avene  Soothing Eye Contour Cream
Soothing Eye Contour Cream

3.9

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, PEG 12, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Batyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Carbomer, Dextran Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Glucoside

on 11/3/2017 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I'm on my third tube of this. My favorite eye cream had retinol in it, but once I was pregnant, I had to look for non-retinol options for everything. Avene had pretty good reviews and I decided to give it a whirl. It's pretty good for a basic eye cream. I still have dark circles under my eyes, but I find the Sisley eye concealer takes care of that. It is soothing and it sinks in really well.

on 10/13/2017 5:36:00 AM

It's an okey eye cream. Moisturise well but no effect on puffiness or dark circles also Avene doesnt claim it with this product.

on 6/4/2017 11:11:00 AM

I am on my third tube of this eye cream. It's a really nice, simple eye cream. Hydrates the eyes well and looks good under makeup. I did knock a lippy off because I find that it does not last very long! I use it day and night and repurchase this every 1.5-2 months.

on 10/5/2017 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The first eye cream I have tried. It's okay, it's moisturising but that's about it. I do notice my eyes are less puffy in the morning, though it doesn't really help with the puffiness every single time I use it. Doesn't help with my fine lines. I will keep on looking for better eye creams.

on 4/8/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

On my second tube. Its nice and somewhat light, no strong chemical smell, moisturizes well for both winter and summer which is why I like it its multi seasonal, I even got my husband to start using it, his under eye skin was so thirsty and the results are astonishing from just a couple of uses. Thumbs way up.

on 8/12/2017 2:10:00 AM

Overall, I found the eye cream is quite hydrating but it is not for me, strangely and unexpectedly , the eye cream make my eye cream sensitive.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was torn between getting this or the La Roche Posay eye contour cream in the snazzy airless pump but the Avene eye cream was only $24, although you only get half as much (10 ml, which is pretty tiny) vs 20 ml of LRP. But as I often get bored and don't finish stuff, I figured I would try this eye cream first. It is also the PERFECT size for travel if, like me, you prefer to fly with just carry on luggage.

I am quite delighted with this product. I've only used it for a few days, at night, but it is so refreshing and "effective", insofar as any eye cream works miracles (they don't!). I first used this after returning from the eye specialist and was concerned that, having had the various eye drops, etc., this might irritate but it didn't. What I especially like it that it seems to absorb/soak in nicely, leaving my eye area feeling hydrated and there is absolutely no irritation. I've not used this in the day yet because there is no SPF (I've been using a LRP sunscreen cream as my eye cream out of frustration at the dearth of eye creams with SPF) but I think I will give it a try to see how it works under my concealer. But this is a total "repurchase" product and, as I say, just perfect for travel and not just because the tube is tiny but because the product is so soothing and hydrating.

on 11/5/2016 8:46:00 PM

I have been using this product for about 1/2 a year now and this is the first eye cream that I love. It does not cause puffy eyes and hydrates really well. It sinks in and does not make my eye area irritated or anything. I have fine lines around my eyes. I have always had them since I was a young girl, due to allergies, and this cream not only smoothes out my under eye skin but also lessens my lines. I don't wear makeup so I have to try my best to perfect my skin with moisturizers, oils, creams, and serums, and this eye cream has been really great for the last 6 months. I have yet to try it in the winter months but here's to hoping it will work the same. I apply this cream morning and night and on the days I am too lazy to apply it I can notice the difference, so the effects are not long lasting but it really works. I have also heard their other eye creams YsethAL eye cream was great so i might give that a try when I need a little more help in the eye area.
Update: I have been using this directly on my eye lids as well and the redness has slowly lessened. I get red where my eye lashes are this product has made a very remarkable difference :)

on 10/27/2016 8:29:00 AM

Really good value as this is not an expensive eye-cream and is effective, I use daily and it provides moisture to my very dry under eye area, it absorbs well and dies not cause puffiness.

Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream is pretty moisturizing for my mid-twenties starting go from combination to dry phase skin. I used to use Clinique's All About Eyes Riche in my teens until I realized it gave me milia. So since then, I've always used to apply my facial moisturizer generously around my eyes rather than splurging on a separate eye cream, but my moisturizer regime changed in such a way that what I had was not nourishing enough for around my eyes or specifically cautioned to not apply near my eyes (La Roche Posay Cicaplast B5 Baume) so I finally started looking for an eye cream.

I bought this based on largely positive makeupalley reviews, but since using it, I've cried 3 out the four times I've applied it. I need moisture most right at the outer corner of my eyes and that's exactly where Avene's cream starts creeping into my eye and causing tears. I'm always sobbing on the subway in the mornings now.

I'll try to figure out how to apply it so I get my moisture yet don't end up looking like a sobbing mess everywhere since eye creams aren't cheap and this does work. But definitely would not rebuy. Maybe I'll go back to Clinique All About Eyes (but not Riche).