Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream

Avene  Soothing Eye Contour Cream
Soothing Eye Contour Cream

3.9

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, PEG 12, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Batyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Carbomer, Dextran Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Glucoside

Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream is pretty moisturizing for my mid-twenties starting go from combination to dry phase skin. I used to use Clinique's All About Eyes Riche in my teens until I realized it gave me milia. So since then, I've always used to apply my facial moisturizer generously around my eyes rather than splurging on a separate eye cream, but my moisturizer regime changed in such a way that what I had was not nourishing enough for around my eyes or specifically cautioned to not apply near my eyes (La Roche Posay Cicaplast B5 Baume) so I finally started looking for an eye cream.

I bought this based on largely positive makeupalley reviews, but since using it, I've cried 3 out the four times I've applied it. I need moisture most right at the outer corner of my eyes and that's exactly where Avene's cream starts creeping into my eye and causing tears. I'm always sobbing on the subway in the mornings now.

I'll try to figure out how to apply it so I get my moisture yet don't end up looking like a sobbing mess everywhere since eye creams aren't cheap and this does work. But definitely would not rebuy. Maybe I'll go back to Clinique All About Eyes (but not Riche).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was torn between getting this or the La Roche Posay eye contour cream in the snazzy airless pump but the Avene eye cream was only $24, although you only get half as much (10 ml, which is pretty tiny) vs 20 ml of LRP. But as I often get bored and don't finish stuff, I figured I would try this eye cream first. It is also the PERFECT size for travel if, like me, you prefer to fly with just carry on luggage.

I am quite delighted with this product. I've only used it for a few days, at night, but it is so refreshing and "effective", insofar as any eye cream works miracles (they don't!). I first used this after returning from the eye specialist and was concerned that, having had the various eye drops, etc., this might irritate but it didn't. What I especially like it that it seems to absorb/soak in nicely, leaving my eye area feeling hydrated and there is absolutely no irritation. I've not used this in the day yet because there is no SPF (I've been using a LRP sunscreen cream as my eye cream out of frustration at the dearth of eye creams with SPF) but I think I will give it a try to see how it works under my concealer. But this is a total "repurchase" product and, as I say, just perfect for travel and not just because the tube is tiny but because the product is so soothing and hydrating.

To Read all 98 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think that most eye creams are a little greasy, and not hydrating enough. But this one is light, pleasant to use, and hydrating, and effective! I've been using it for 4 days now, and already see a difference in my eye area! Smoother, clearer, healthy looking. So good that I decided to smear a little over the rest of my face - and it seems to have a good effect there, too. I am very happy!

This is a great eye cream if you need hydration. The formula is very basic and not irritating at all. It does not promise to help with lines or dark circles. I have found that my eye area was getting lines with concealer creasing(I am 26) and since hydrating my under eye, the creasing has decreased quite a bit which is great. I like it and will repurchase!

I like that it's fragrance free, it gives you light moisture but other than that it really has no other benefits. Don't expect any type off miracle if you have wrinkles or crepiness.

on 1/16/2016 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has completely cleared up some eye eczema that has been worsening for the past couple of months, and that had been a recurring issue for years. I bought a second tube as it was on sale for $5 off (regular $20 CAD) last week, and I like having a tube in both of my bathrooms. I never want to be without this stuff.

on 12/5/2015 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eye cream helped to ease the pain after having suffered some bad allergic reaction (caused by a retinol eye product).

My eye area was painful, dry, red, itchy and I was desperately looking for a cream/gel to restore the skin around my eyes.

This Avene gel surely helped. It has not become part of my daily eye care routine, but each time my eye area gets irritated (for whatever reason: cold weather, a bad cold...) I reach out to this product. And so far, with good results.

on 10/16/2015 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have dry, scaly skin under my eyes due to retinol cream and the dry air that comes with winter. The skin would look horrible under makeup and concealer. This cream soothed the skin and I have no longer dry flakes. I will definitely buy again.

on 6/2/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I had a bad reaction to La Roche Posay Redermic C eye cream which gave me dark circles, horrible eyebags and dry scaly undereyes. So when i came across Avene Soothing Eye cream which claims to calm skin irritation, i bought it hoping it'll help with my condition.

I apply this to the eye area at night before bedtime and it's been a week now that I woke up with much brighter moisturised eye area, smaller looking eyebags and no more scaly undereyes! This is definitely a keeper.
_______________________________________________________________________
Update: I've been using this everynight for a few weeks now. And I swear, this works so well, not only it takes away the dark circles, I don't have those horrible eyebags anymore! HG status!!

PS: I need to put a disclaimer here, that my dark circles and eyebags were caused by product irritation. So if you have naturally dark eyes and eyebags this might not work so well for you.

on 5/27/2015 11:18:00 PM

I had mysterious flakey eyelids(never happened before) and tried everything... A consultant at shoppers recommended this as soon as she saw the condition of them. I was hesitant because of the price but my god! I was so happy with the results within a few days my eyelids looked normal again. I usually don't review products but this was a miracle for me. Very non irritating and gentle but obviously hydrating.. Helped immensely with the itching. Once the tube was gone I didn't repurchase (because of the price) but I would in a second if my eyelids ever have a similar problem.