Eau Thermal Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream

Eau Thermal Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream
Soothing Eye Contour CreamSoothing Eye Contour Cream

3.9

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, PEG 12, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Batyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Carbomer, Dextran Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Glucoside

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don’t dislike this but I don’t love it. It moisturises, but no better than any basic cream I have. It doesn’t irritate which is key as I tend to get eczema on my eyelids - but I don’t get irritation from creams. I like the packaging a lot, easy to use and you can get to all the product. However, I probably won’t buy again as it’s not amazing and it is pretty pricey.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

This is the only product my sensitive eyelids can tolerate. I use it under the brow, on the upper eyelid near the nose, and of course under the eye. It also works very well in the morning mixed in with my Ellis Faas concealer, no balling or pilling ever, just moisturize and conceal in one easy step. So good when you are in a rush!
I find Avene products almost the only ones that my sensitive, allergic, rosacea-prone can tolerate (see my other Avene reviews if you are interested and have similar skin).

When you get older, you may develop not only dry skin under the eye, but also dry crepey skin on the upper eyelid, which makes it hard to apply eye shadow or concealer (even though you may need concealer more than ever to cover dark areas ABOVE the eye). So Avene is a holy grail for me, I have been using it for several years, it hasn't lost its effectiveness...

on 11/3/2017 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I'm on my third tube of this. My favorite eye cream had retinol in it, but once I was pregnant, I had to look for non-retinol options for everything. Avene had pretty good reviews and I decided to give it a whirl. It's pretty good for a basic eye cream. I still have dark circles under my eyes, but I find the Sisley eye concealer takes care of that. It is soothing and it sinks in really well.

on 10/13/2017 5:36:00 AM

It's an okey eye cream. Moisturise well but no effect on puffiness or dark circles also Avene doesnt claim it with this product.

on 10/5/2017 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The first eye cream I have tried. It's okay, it's moisturising but that's about it. I do notice my eyes are less puffy in the morning, though it doesn't really help with the puffiness every single time I use it. Doesn't help with my fine lines. I will keep on looking for better eye creams.

on 8/12/2017 2:10:00 AM

Overall, I found the eye cream is quite hydrating but it is not for me, strangely and unexpectedly , the eye cream make my eye cream sensitive.

on 6/4/2017 11:11:00 AM

I am on my third tube of this eye cream. It's a really nice, simple eye cream. Hydrates the eyes well and looks good under makeup. I did knock a lippy off because I find that it does not last very long! I use it day and night and repurchase this every 1.5-2 months.

on 4/8/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

On my second tube. Its nice and somewhat light, no strong chemical smell, moisturizes well for both winter and summer which is why I like it its multi seasonal, I even got my husband to start using it, his under eye skin was so thirsty and the results are astonishing from just a couple of uses. Thumbs way up.

on 11/5/2016 8:46:00 PM

I have been using this product for about 1/2 a year now and this is the first eye cream that I love. It does not cause puffy eyes and hydrates really well. It sinks in and does not make my eye area irritated or anything. I have fine lines around my eyes. I have always had them since I was a young girl, due to allergies, and this cream not only smoothes out my under eye skin but also lessens my lines. I don't wear makeup so I have to try my best to perfect my skin with moisturizers, oils, creams, and serums, and this eye cream has been really great for the last 6 months. I have yet to try it in the winter months but here's to hoping it will work the same. I apply this cream morning and night and on the days I am too lazy to apply it I can notice the difference, so the effects are not long lasting but it really works. I have also heard their other eye creams YsethAL eye cream was great so i might give that a try when I need a little more help in the eye area.
Update: I have been using this directly on my eye lids as well and the redness has slowly lessened. I get red where my eye lashes are this product has made a very remarkable difference :)

on 10/27/2016 8:29:00 AM

Really good value as this is not an expensive eye-cream and is effective, I use daily and it provides moisture to my very dry under eye area, it absorbs well and dies not cause puffiness.