Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream

Avene  Soothing Eye Contour Cream

3.9

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, PEG 12, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Batyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Carbomer, Dextran Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Glucoside

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think that most eye creams are a little greasy, and not hydrating enough. But this one is light, pleasant to use, and hydrating, and effective! I've been using it for 4 days now, and already see a difference in my eye area! Smoother, clearer, healthy looking. So good that I decided to smear a little over the rest of my face - and it seems to have a good effect there, too. I am very happy!

This is a great eye cream if you need hydration. The formula is very basic and not irritating at all. It does not promise to help with lines or dark circles. I have found that my eye area was getting lines with concealer creasing(I am 26) and since hydrating my under eye, the creasing has decreased quite a bit which is great. I like it and will repurchase!

To Read all 96 Reviews, Login or Join

I like that it's fragrance free, it gives you light moisture but other than that it really has no other benefits. Don't expect any type off miracle if you have wrinkles or crepiness.

on 1/16/2016 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has completely cleared up some eye eczema that has been worsening for the past couple of months, and that had been a recurring issue for years. I bought a second tube as it was on sale for $5 off (regular $20 CAD) last week, and I like having a tube in both of my bathrooms. I never want to be without this stuff.

on 12/5/2015 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eye cream helped to ease the pain after having suffered some bad allergic reaction (caused by a retinol eye product).

My eye area was painful, dry, red, itchy and I was desperately looking for a cream/gel to restore the skin around my eyes.

This Avene gel surely helped. It has not become part of my daily eye care routine, but each time my eye area gets irritated (for whatever reason: cold weather, a bad cold...) I reach out to this product. And so far, with good results.

on 10/16/2015 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have dry, scaly skin under my eyes due to retinol cream and the dry air that comes with winter. The skin would look horrible under makeup and concealer. This cream soothed the skin and I have no longer dry flakes. I will definitely buy again.

on 6/2/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I had a bad reaction to La Roche Posay Redermic C eye cream which gave me dark circles, horrible eyebags and dry scaly undereyes. So when i came across Avene Soothing Eye cream which claims to calm skin irritation, i bought it hoping it'll help with my condition.

I apply this to the eye area at night before bedtime and it's been a week now that I woke up with much brighter moisturised eye area, smaller looking eyebags and no more scaly undereyes! This is definitely a keeper.
_______________________________________________________________________
Update: I've been using this everynight for a few weeks now. And I swear, this works so well, not only it takes away the dark circles, I don't have those horrible eyebags anymore! HG status!!

PS: I need to put a disclaimer here, that my dark circles and eyebags were caused by product irritation. So if you have naturally dark eyes and eyebags this might not work so well for you.

on 5/27/2015 11:18:00 PM

I had mysterious flakey eyelids(never happened before) and tried everything... A consultant at shoppers recommended this as soon as she saw the condition of them. I was hesitant because of the price but my god! I was so happy with the results within a few days my eyelids looked normal again. I usually don't review products but this was a miracle for me. Very non irritating and gentle but obviously hydrating.. Helped immensely with the itching. Once the tube was gone I didn't repurchase (because of the price) but I would in a second if my eyelids ever have a similar problem.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I got this about a week ago. I was looking for something to smooth out the dryness under my eyes so i looked up this. I wish there was more for the price you are paying for it. But it is a nice cream for day time use and i like that its a bit thick. Iv noticed it has reduced the slight redness around my eye. Works nicely under makeup. Helped the dryness. I dont think it will work for dark circles, well not on me anyway. I have a night time gel that i have been using that is correcting that. I wanted this for dryness. So yeah i would buy this again :)

This is expensive, as I found that I went through it quickly, but this is my favourite eye cream. My skin is sensitive, and this does not upset it at all. I have a few more lines around my eyes than most 20-year-olds, and this really softened them over time. I also found that this reduced the discoloration around my eyes. It made the circles under my eyes less of a smoky-violet colour. This was not immediate, but the difference was noticeable by the time I got to the end of the tube. Sadly, there is very little cream in the tube, and I went through this too fast. Shame, because it works really well.