Alberto Vo5 Strawberries and Cream Smoothing Shampoo

Alberto Vo5 Strawberries and Cream Smoothing Shampoo

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Glycol Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Polyquaternium-7, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Red 40 (CI 16035), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 4 (CI 14700), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soymilk, Panthenol, Fragaria Vesca Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin (feb 2014; from drugstore.com)

I'm very picky about shampoos and this is one of my new fav! First off it's super cheap!! I live in NYC and there are no big chain retail stores near me. All the corner stores I go to are usually overpriced. Vo5 is always cheap, even when sold at the bodega near me!! This is just as good as Pantene and Garnier which I used a while back when my parents still paid for my shampoos (lol!). Now that I'm living on my own, I've had to find other shampoos that are cheaper and just as good as Garnier and Pantene. Vo5 Strawberries & Cream is the only one that exceeded my expectations so far.

I also love the smell! Living in NYC, my freshly shampoo'd hair usually absorbs the smog of the city quickly, as my shampoo scent fades, but this one lasts for hours in the day (and all night when I'm inside)

I have wavy hair and a TON of it so it's prone to dryness and frizz and most shampoos (even high end ones) worsen my dryness. Vo5 always makes it feel soft and shiny. I once even contemplated no-pooing my hair since its so dry from many shampoos but Vo5 allows me to shampoo it without damaging my locks.

The only drawback is that the plastic cap is prone to breaking easily. I once dropped from a few feet high when showering and the cap shattered!! Had to be careful for the rest of the time using it that it didn't spill out and get water in it.

4 of out 5 lippies!!!

on 9/13/2017 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Mine says Moisturizing not Smoothing. This is actually my HG body wash, smells great, lathers nicely and not drying. I've used it on my dry color-treated hair in a pinch, with the same results as my sulfate free shampoos. I wish the top was easier to remove.

on 12/1/2016 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought this to donate to "less fortunate" at the holidays. Seemed ok for $.99.

on 6/20/2016 12:55:00 PM

I can't believe this is still around. I bought this for a fun girly fragranced experience. The fragrance and washing experience is heavenly. Be careful to not get too much because a little dab really causes a lot of suds. I rinsed and then used a L'Oreal conditioner. My hair feels clean and soft without frizz.

on 4/30/2015 5:43:00 AM

This is a very inexpensive shampoo which i got at a local store. I have tried the clarifying shampoo before getting this and another one with green tea scent. I like this for my hair because it really cleanse well, quite squeaky clean, even when i wash my hair only once. Abit drying when hair is wet but it's not drying when my hair has been towel dry or after it has been totally dry. No hair tangling for me when i comb my wet or dry hair. I have use shampoo that tangle my hair into knots and it's very difficult to comb, wet or dried.

I think it is good for those who have oily hair or oily scalp because it really get rid of the oiliness yet i don't feel my hair need to compensate it with more oil, unlike Suave Clarifying shampoo which does that. Only thing i don't like is the smell, very diluted and artificial and did i mention it is very cheap? I don't know if my hair will change again for the worse or will turn better, because believe it or not, i've tried so many shampoo and starting out they are fine but as time goes by, either my hair doesn't suit the shampoo or likewise shampoo doesn't work for me anymore.

UPDATED: I think the shampoo start to dry my hair out, making it quite frizzy and fried? I'll be getting their conditioner soon and see if it's better. As for repurchase, i may consider getting just one only because it really helps for my oily hair and scalp but it is too dry for my hair without conditioner...

on 9/24/2014 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

i thought this might be a good gentle shampoo to give my hair a break from the deep cleansing ones I normally use.

It does seem gentle but makes my hair too slippery, flyaway and fluffy. Silky, but with no grip or body.This might be due to the added proteins (pretty common in V05 products).

The strawberry scent is really cheap/artificial, not tart and fruity.

Ingredients

on 5/6/2014 12:20:00 PM

This is in my line up of go to daily shampoos, it's a very basic shampoo, but it never disappoints. It smells absolutely delicious and gets my hair squeaky clean, it is just a teeny bit drying, but for this price range it's expected. It's much better than a lot of other VO5 or Sauve shampoo as far as moisture retention.
I only wash my hair 3 times a week so it works well for my lifestyle. I need a little strip when I've gone all weekend without washing my hair (gross, but that's restaurant life!).
I never pair this w/ the matching conditioner though, IMO it's not made well enough. I use this shampoo with sauve professionals conditioner and the two make a nice team.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This smells like a strawberry cupcake!! If it were edible, I would absolutely devour it, and it's 79 cents, so if you hate it, then you're not out a whole bunch of money. I personally like Vo5 shampoos because they don't build up in my thick hair, instead they leave it looking thicker and full of vitality. This shampoo is no exception, it may be a bit drying for everyday use, so I counteract this by adding some EVOO to it for moisture. Love this yummy shampoo and highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

So I was looking for a really cheap product for my generally "out-of-control" hair and I stumbled upon this one at the dollar tree. Yep, it was just for a dollar! So I obviously had to try it.
So I've been using it for a couple weeks and I'm not too let down by the results, yet not exactly happy with them either. It can't be used without a conditioner. And it dries out your hair a bit, too.
But for the price, everything else about it is great. It stays true to its fragrance (very yummy) and lathers up and cleans your hair out very well. Just be sure to use a good conditioner afterwards. Tryy it! :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have been on the search for my HG shampoo & condish for as long as I can remember and of all things to work for me, the VO5 Moisture Milks Shampoo & Conditioner do. I've used the Strawberries & Cream as well as the Passionfruit Smoothie. Both were labeled "Moisture Milks" and not "Smoothing" that I saw anywhere on the package.
The shampoo lathers well and cleanses without stripping. The shampoo moisturizes without weighing my (fine) hair down. And the best part: my usually tangle-prone hair is easy to comb through.
I seriously cannot believe these are $1.00 each! That is just insane.
My only complaint is that the product literally flies out of the bottle top if you're not careful...DO NOT SQUEEZE! :) After one or two uses you get the hang of it, but it would be nice if they redesigned so the flow was slower.
I can't see myself buying another brand of shampoo & condish as long as these continue to work so well for me.