Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder
Bronzing Powder

4.5

INGREDIENTS: Talc, silica, zinc stearate, cornstarch, caprylic/capric triglyceride, polyethylene, tricaprylin, isopropyl palmitate, lanolin oil, tocopherol, lanolin alcohol, ascoryl palmitate, isopropyl myristate, barium sulfate, methylparaben, propylparaben

on 4/19/2017 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Bought this in Sandstone, I truly love the color and undertone (I'm NC20). Sadly, it causes irritation on my T-Zone. I suspect the culprit is Linolin Oil. But since I paid $$$ for it and I do really like the golden glow I get from it, I found a workaround the irritation thing: carefully apply to cheeks.

Seems to do the trick so far. In conclusion, I will use the bronzing powder until I finish the whole thing but I will not repurchase again.

Sad face :(

ps: I had some questions when I bought this bronzing powder so I contacted the customer service online, and I must say it was one of the best experiences I ever had with customer support. Bobbi Brown(Co) really care about their customers.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Excellent all the way, that's all I need to tell you.
I am a bronzer fanatic - I need bronzer in winter, as I am pale and want to look like I am alive - but I do not want it looks too obvious or shimmery. I use bronzer for contouring purposes, also.
This is just perfect: I got it in the Light shade and it is the exact amount of tan for my NC15-20 skintone.
I use this as a contouring powder and it works like heaven; it is rather cool toned but doesn't look dirty and it is NOT orangey at all. I looooove it.
As a side note, I often use Kevin Aucoin as a contouring powder and it is excellent too, but outrageously expensive and ii can look dirty if you are not super light-handed.... the BB bronzer is better, as it is much more forgiving.
I love almost all BB products - except their foundations and skincare - and all the powder products have been a long time favourite of mine. I adore their eyeshdows and blushes and this bronzer is another winner in the line.
Get the right shade for you and try it, it is one of the best bronzer- contouring powders out in the market.

on 3/28/2016 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bobbi Brown's Bronzing powder is a solid choice for anyone who wants a matte, finely milled product. It comes in a variety of shades, among them even some for cool toned light skin which is rare. In some cosmetic lines I find it difficult to find a bronzer that doesn't lean orange and that doesn't look muddy or even dirty on my fair NW15 complexion. Telluride and Natural are the best shades for me, both are browns with rosy undertones. Also, this bronzer doesn't make me break out which has been an issue with a few other brands' bronzers.
Only con: The packaging! While the round mirrored compact looks good upon arrival I had the clasp of these break several times which then means that the compact no longer closes and that's an issue for travel. My latest purchase of Natural had it happen again within a few weeks, with only moderate use of the product every few days. I have seen several reviews stating the same issue over the years for these round compacts of the line, this should really be addressed by now. Hence only two stars for packaging.
Otherwise a good product that I recommend.

on 7/14/2015 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the Natural shade because it looks more like a real tan - it's not shimmery or sparkly and has a little bit of reddish pink in it. When you get real color from the sun, it's not so much golden as tan with a hint of burn, if you know what I mean. So I think Natural mimics this best without going too orange. It's not super dark but it's a realistic suntan color.

Nice matte powder, easy to blend

For reference, I wear Sand in most of Bobbi's foundations.

on 1/15/2015 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes! HG-worthy! I'm fair skinned with a lot of redness in my skin. Most bronzers make me look orange-faced or dirty. Not this one. Easy to build, smooth, and very easy to use for a very light application, which is important to me. I use Golden Light. For being "golden," it's actually not that gold. It is matte and very natural in tone and texture.

I use bronzer every day, though I do apply it lightly, and this stuff lasts FOREVER. I barely have to tap my brush against it, which makes the price more reasonable. The only problem I have had with it is one compact I bought dropped on linoleum once. The mirror and pan stayed in tact, but the clasp inside that keeps it closed did not. It must have hit the floor at a strange angle? That one won't shut anymore, so I can't take it with me and had to buy a second for travel or to throw in my purse. Not a huge deal, but maybe something to be careful about. The packaging itself is nice - typical classic and minimal Bobbi Brown. Definitely safe to throw in your purse without worrying about it opening, assuming you haven't broken yours like me :)

on 3/1/2014 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is for the Light Bronzer and the Antigua bronzing blush powder.. huh

anyway, I have been using for years when spring rolls around and since I am now into spring cleaning, have put it back into rotation.
I missed it from last summer.

I do not tan - ever. I just use this or any of my CD bronzers to fake it. oh, if faking everything else in life were this easy!

but a long short story.. it's great. No orange, no glitter and buildable color.

love love love

purchased 2x so far

on 2/4/2014 5:36:00 PM

I am very fair, but I found a nice shade. I also ought the Anguilla (which is a pink shade). Love both. Only complaint is the packaging always cracks. But Nordstrom always replaces it.

I have really fair skin and have a lot of trouble finding bronzer that doesn't make me look orange/fake. I got this bronzer in Natural and it's been a winner! Warms up my complexion without making me look "tan". (Which is a good thing because I'm clearly NOT tan! Haha.) I thought from the online pictures that the Golden Light shade would be better for me, but when I got to the store the Natural seemed, well, more natural. Who knows.

Also love that it is truly matte--- no weird glitter effect when I go outside in the sun. Huge pet peeve of mine. Thumbs up on this product!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

---Why?
I can wear this bronzer with or without a spray tan. Naturally my skin is VERY fair with a red/pink undertones and the "Golden Light" shade works perfectly. Not too dark or muddy.

Also, I love that the bronzer is matte. Most bronzers are sparkly, which I don't prefer because I like to put bronzer all over my face.

on 10/19/2012 11:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

my perfect bronzer. it ticks all the boxes -
it's not too dark for my fair (NC20) skin
it's a genuine nude brown without even a hint of orange
it's easy to apply very lightly and build up when you want to
it's matte and glitter free and looks so natural
i love it and i use it everyday :D