Philosophy Soul Owner

3.9

water, glycolic acid, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl stearate se, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, propylene glycol, sorbitan stearate, sorbitol, cetearyl alcohol, sd alcohol 40 b, eucalyptus globulus oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, salicylic acid, ceteareth-20, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, fd&c blue no.1

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

My favorite foot cream ever. No matter how bad my feet get (when I neglect them for months), they are back to top shape after I use this cream nightly for a week. Plus, my DH gets this really rough patch of skin on his elbow (I call it his elephant hide). He would put this cream on the rough patch whenever it appears. Then after 4 - 5 days, a layer of skin would literally fall off, and his elbow looks human again.

The only con is the smell, which is very strong and kind of weird. My cat HATES it. He always looks at me disapprovingly when I put it on, lol. continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Unlike many other reviewers, I really LIKE the fact that Soul Owner isn't a super-greasy salve-like goop. I also love the exfoliation; I live in Colorado and have developed the gruesome hardened feet of the chronically dry climate. This is the first and only foot treatment that has prevented my soles from getting deep (and painful!) cracks during the winter months. As for the smell -- I have a very sensitive nose and a general aversion to strong perfumes in skincare products, but this one doesn't bother me at all. I think it's just a matter of taste.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have read many of the commentaries about Soul Owner and the people who are so unhappy with it do not seem to be using it as I think it was intended....I have had *great* success by slathering it on at night on only the bottoms of my feet, where I am calloused and dry and tough as elephant hide. In the morning, I use a pumice stone after my feet have been soaked either in a long shower, in a tub or basin. THEN the skin comes sloughing off very easily, getting to the new skin that has been unable to get the surface.

I think this is the intent. I do not think it is meant to soften in th traditional sense, it is very strong and not meant for the tops of the feet at all, so I am not surprised to read about those disappointments.

*AFTER* I have pumiced, then I moisturize the newly emerged and lovely! feet I did not know I could have.

I think this is best used on an intermittent schedule as a prelude to removing elephant hide!

I hope this will prompt the disappointees to try again and see the new results. I am so pleased that I can approximate what a $40+ pedicure would do for me for mere cents. I think it is great value and is progress for them toes o' mine!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff! It's thick but not greasy, and the glycolic acid really exfoliates my rough heels. Yes, the scent sucks, it's hard to get the last of the product out of the tube, it's a little pricey, and you have to wash your hands after applying. But this is the first foot cream to actually remove callous-y skin for me. Everything else I've tried was greasy and never seemed to penetrate the skin.
UPDATE: I've started using Alpha Hydrox Extra Strength Deep Therapy Foot Cream instead of this. No scent, half the price, same great results from 12% glycolic acid.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this foot cream for at least 8 years. I used to LOVE this stuff and raved about it but I swear they have done something with the formula. It just doesnt work like it used to. It used to eliminate heel crust like crazy. But not anymore. Doesnt even moisturize that well. I'm not all that hep on any of the Philosophy products I have tried. They are all very middle of the road and ho-hum. This was the one product that I could get behind but now I'm over it with this one too. Fortunately this product is not as overpriced as so many of the other products.

This is my favorite foot cream because it's exfoliating and feels fresh. I enjoy the lavendar-ish smell - not perfumey. I like the way it keeps those tough areas on my feet softer, smoother and easy to manage.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I recently had foot surgery and was left with flakey skin due to it. I couldn't wash my feet until the stitches were dissolved and I was told to refrain from using lotions around the area. The result was really gross looking feet! What saved me? Soul Owner and pure shea butter. The shea butter helped lessen the scarring and Soul Owner just killed any dead, calloused skin I had! The smell is minty. Not a big fan of the scent but it is certianly not a deal breaker. I would put this on at night, let it soak in for a bit and then put on socks. In the morning when I went to shower I noticed areas of my feet turning white. The dead skin then would just slough off when rubbed with a washcloth. I didn't need a pumace or anything, just a washcloth. Philosophy says it has salicylic and glycolic acids in it, and I'm thinking that is what makes this such a good product. If you have this and it didn't do anything for you, wear it overnight with socks!

I will not be w/out this cream. This stuff outranks all the foot scrubs and creams I've ever used. One use and my feet feel like I've had a full pedicure--minus the polish (it's not THAT miraculous). It has a slight minty-lavendar scent so if that bothers you, take note but I find it fades pretty quick.

Love it. Will always keep on hand.

I'm 47 y/o and I get regular pedicures every 4-6 weeks. The skin on my heels remain dry, flaky and scaley. This is the ONLY product that removes it and keeps it from returning. There is a form of AHA that exfoliates your skin w/out scrubbing. I put this on once a night or every other night and in the morning, my feet are soft and not dry, flakey, Sephora used to carry it in their stores, but not recently. It's available online at Sephora and amazon.com. This is well over my 10th purchase, and I've found nothing better.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am just now starting to get dry heels etc. I tried this product for the heck of it & it was also on sale. I have been using it now for over 2 wks & I can honestly say it has really improved the texture of my heels and overall foot. They are smooth now and any fine lines or cracks are gone. I put it on right before bed & the smell is quite pleasant too. Not too strong!! It contains AHA in it but I have found zero problems with that. I would recommend it for someone who needs some help with dry or slightly cracked heels or just want to improve the texture of your overall foot.

Popular Lotions / Creams