Philosophy Soul Owner

Filtered by age: 44-55

4.3

water, glycolic acid, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl stearate se, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, propylene glycol, sorbitan stearate, sorbitol, cetearyl alcohol, sd alcohol 40 b, eucalyptus globulus oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, salicylic acid, ceteareth-20, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, fd&c blue no.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know whose idea it was for all foot treatments to smell like mint, but I wish they would cut it out.

This stuff is thick and moisturizes well. I wish it did more in the exfoliating department. I don't feel that it really does anything more for calluses or "crunchy" feet than any other rich moisturizer. Surface smoothness for a short time, that's about it.

I might buy it again while I keep looking for the one true foot cream.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this foot cream for at least 8 years. I used to LOVE this stuff and raved about it but I swear they have done something with the formula. It just doesnt work like it used to. It used to eliminate heel crust like crazy. But not anymore. Doesnt even moisturize that well. I'm not all that hep on any of the Philosophy products I have tried. They are all very middle of the road and ho-hum. This was the one product that I could get behind but now I'm over it with this one too. Fortunately this product is not as overpriced as so many of the other products.

I will not be w/out this cream. This stuff outranks all the foot scrubs and creams I've ever used. One use and my feet feel like I've had a full pedicure--minus the polish (it's not THAT miraculous). It has a slight minty-lavendar scent so if that bothers you, take note but I find it fades pretty quick.

Love it. Will always keep on hand.

I'm 47 y/o and I get regular pedicures every 4-6 weeks. The skin on my heels remain dry, flaky and scaley. This is the ONLY product that removes it and keeps it from returning. There is a form of AHA that exfoliates your skin w/out scrubbing. I put this on once a night or every other night and in the morning, my feet are soft and not dry, flakey, Sephora used to carry it in their stores, but not recently. It's available online at Sephora and amazon.com. This is well over my 10th purchase, and I've found nothing better.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I THINK THIS IS THE BEST FOOT CREAM AROUND.I USE IT BEFORE BED AND WHEN I TAKE A SHOWER IN THE MORNING THE DEAD SKIN PEELS OFF MY FEET.I USE A PEDI STONE BUT IT FALLS OFF VERY EASY.I NEVER GET PEDICURES BECAUSE I DONT NEED THEM WITH THIS CREAM.I SAVE A FORTUNE.IT IS WORTH EVEY PENNY AND SOME.THE SMEEL IS GRAT AND THE SAYING ON THE PACKAGE IS ALSO..

Works well in combination with urea based products to remove dead skin around my heels - makes my feet real smooth afterward.

This is an excellent exfoliator on my chronically dry calloused feet. Be warned though that it is very potent! Be sure to use on bottoms only of feet and wash your hands afterwards or you will have peeling skin on your palms. I use this at night only with socks as the Eucalyptus smell is strong. I do prefer Kerasal but this is far less expensive when you compare sizes.

Good foot cream, very effective at controlling hard, scaley spots on feet, knees, hands and elbows. Used regularly in combo with a pumice stone, my heels and the balls of my feet stay soft. Love the trace eucalyptis smell. NOTE: I wish Philosophy would just name their products what they are -- not Soul Owner - - just plain old 'foot cream'. Boring, yes, but simple. I hate having to guess which product is for what. The products speak for themselves. Please lose the sappy packaging copy.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have read many of the commentaries about Soul Owner and the people who are so unhappy with it do not seem to be using it as I think it was intended....I have had *great* success by slathering it on at night on only the bottoms of my feet, where I am calloused and dry and tough as elephant hide. In the morning, I use a pumice stone after my feet have been soaked either in a long shower, in a tub or basin. THEN the skin comes sloughing off very easily, getting to the new skin that has been unable to get the surface.

I think this is the intent. I do not think it is meant to soften in th traditional sense, it is very strong and not meant for the tops of the feet at all, so I am not surprised to read about those disappointments.

*AFTER* I have pumiced, then I moisturize the newly emerged and lovely! feet I did not know I could have.

I think this is best used on an intermittent schedule as a prelude to removing elephant hide!

I hope this will prompt the disappointees to try again and see the new results. I am so pleased that I can approximate what a $40+ pedicure would do for me for mere cents. I think it is great value and is progress for them toes o' mine!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Of all the foot cremes I've used, this one seems to actually work (the proof comes when you accidentally apply this over a scratch or boo boo...the acid burns!). I like the packaging and the subtle fragrance, and use it (almost) every night before bed. And a decent value at $14.

Popular Lotions / Creams