Prescriptives Super Line Preventor

Prescriptives Super Line Preventor

3.4

WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, METHYL GLUCETH-20, PEG-75, GLYCERETH-26, PEG-8 DIMETHICONE, CYCLOMETHICONE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS (GREEN TEA) LEAF EXTRACT, DECARBOXY CARNOSINE HCL, SACCHAROMYCES LYSATE EXTRACT, CENTELLA ASIATICA (HYDROCOTYL) EXTRACT, SACCHAROMYCES/CALCIUM FERMENT EXTRACT, PLANKTON EXTRACT, SACCHAROMYCES/MAGNESIUM FERMENT EXTRACT, ALGAE EXTRACT, SACCHAROMYCES/ZINC FERMENT EXTRACT, CREATINE, ACETYL GLUCOSAMINE, SODIUM RNA, SODIUM HYALURONATE, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, PANTETHINE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE), LECITHIN, GLYCERIN, OLETH-3, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, OLETH-3 PHOSPHATE, OLETH-5, PPG-6 DECYLTETRADECETH-30, POLYSILICONE-11, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, DIMETHICONE, CARBOMER , POTASSIUM CARBOMER, OCTYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, XANTHAN GUM , DISODIUM EDTA , BHT, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, YELLOW 5 (CI 19140) , RED 33 (CI 17200), GREEN 5 (CI 61570)

on 3/7/2018 10:01:00 PM

I’ve used this for years and I’m always mistaken for being at least 10 years younger! I love that it goes on smoothly, never broke out my skin, and doesn’t have a fragrance. I use it as a moisturizer day and night, on my face and around my eyes.

on 10/26/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Does absolutely nothing for my skin and I've been using it for a few months now.

On the plus side, doesn't seem harmful, no irritation whatsoever on any part of my face (even the eyes).

on 2/2/2012 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Prescriptives is still available, although not in stores. They sell from their website, and while they don't have their full range anymore, they do bring back products.

Super Line Preventor is almost constantly available, although it's not my favorite. I tried it back when they had counters in department stores and didn't love it, but i was younger then. Maybe i'll take advantage of one of the Px special offers and try it again, now that i have a few wrinkles around my eyes.

on 1/18/2011 6:36:00 AM

I have tried both the original kind with the dropper and the "Xtreme" version in the tube. To be fair, they claim to reduce the look of lines and wrinkles as opposed to actually reduce them or prevent them. Although that does make the name a little misleading. Anyway, I didn't notice any effect at all and I didn't like the texture of either product. I have nothing but good things to say about the makeup range and I am sad that Prescriptives is no more but this is not a great product.

on 11/20/2010 10:31:00 PM

When I tried this I was on acne medication which made my skin sensitive to it, meaning it "burned" when it was applied. For the short time I used it I can say that after applying my skin was a tiny bit tacky feeling. The smell is OK but I hated the the way it was dispensed (via dropper). Personally I don't feel the price is warranted.

on 11/7/2009 5:03:00 PM

I can't really say if this product will actually prevent wrinkles, but, it did clear up a patch on my forehead and along my lip line of tiny bumps that the dermatologist said was sun damage. So, even though pricey, it was a lot less than the retinol RX that would have cost me $185.00. This started clearing my skin even before I went to the dermatologist. So, I gave it a few more weeks and voila! Also, it did smooth the way for makeup. Not sure about it's line preventing properties. though... and, it got used up really fast. It really comes pouring out of that dropper thing.

on 9/8/2009 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Super Line Preventor used to be a staple in my skin care lineup. I stopped using this for a month ( I switched to AHA products), and I was so disappointed that my line preventor spoiled.

I opened up the container and I noticed this funny orange colored rim and it smelled awful. I hated to think what it was doing to my skin. Needless to say I lost my job, and now I am on a budget, so it's drug store brands for me...

on 9/7/2009 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I put this on my hand at the Prescriptives counter. During my discussion with the rep, my hand got itchyand bumps began to emerge. I told her that I was skeptical because of my hand's reaction. She claimed that I was scratching my hand since I got to the counter. I was walking around the mall for 4 hours and exposed to all different types of samples. Well it is 4 hours later. I just put some on my hand again at home, the reactions started again. I won'tput this on my face tomorrow and will be returning it promptly.

This is a pricey product that did not work any miracles for me. Yes, the product has nice packaging, feels nice going on, but, it does not perform! One thing that I did not like was how it made my makeup look throughout the day. I was wearing Prescriptives Virtual Skin Foundation at the time. One thing I have found is, the type of moisturizer ect that I wear under my foundation makes all the difference!! Even high-end makeup looks like crud coupled with the wrong product underneath. Another thing I did not like was it did not prevent lines as far as I can tell, and when any rain hit my face, my foundation turned white and would run off!! Even from sweating! The only moisturizer that has worked with every foundation that I have ever used (tons) is Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (not the gel version). Anyway, I live in a humid climate and cannot be worried about my makeup holding up. I will not repurchase.

on 6/17/2009 2:47:00 PM

This is an oh la la in my find for the week. I am the proud owner of no more forehead lines. Oh my gracious,I had lines so bad on my forehead I needed something to reduce or elimate the lines. The Px SA recommended this product to me. I am able to use it with my EL moisture creams without adverse reaction. It has helped tremendously the superfical facial lines I had. My facial skin has become soft. I am very pleased with Px Xtreme line preventor.