Aveeno Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer

Aveeno Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer

2.7

on 3/24/2006 10:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Not my first foray into Aveeno moisturisers, but at the moment my last. I have been using this up until a few months ago, but then had to switch to Olay because the Aveeno was aggravating my dry, rashy skin.
The onlygood thing about this product is that it's just enough moisture for combo skin. Oily would find it heavy and dry not enough. Gripes about it: OVERLY SCENTED. What is Aveeno thinking? I thought it was trying to improve skincare lol. But anyway, it was also too expensive, and as for the smoothing action my facial hair (what's noticeabe anyway) didn't show any signs of slowing down growth or getting finer. Just an overpriced blah product for me :(

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this thinking it wasn't going to clog up my pores, since it said "noncomedogenic," but I was terribly wrong. the first day, I didn't notice, so I kept putting it on until 2 days later when it was too late. It took me forever to get rid of the pimples. My arms and legs are not as sensitive, so I figured I would make use of the moisturizer and use it on my arms and legs, but the same thing happened, so now I have no use of this expensive ripoff product.

on 5/14/2005 4:22:00 PM

Doesn't do what it claims. Not moisturizing at all.

on 8/24/2004 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Terribly pricey.
Used it for a few months, noticed no difference in facial hair.
Nice smell though, not overpowering or medicinal.
Absorbs rather well, but not very fast.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Just got this two days ago. I have eczema, and Aveeno is a brand I trust to be gentle on my skin. I also liked that it is "clinically proven to minimize the appearnce of unwanted hair" after two weeks. Well, this product STINGS! I am now only using it on my upper lip and chin area. I was suprised that it hurt so much! I will update on the hair minimizing properties later.

on 4/11/2003 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It is still too early for me to place a verdict on this product. The first time I used it, my skin felt a slight sting. However, it does provide the right amount of moisture for me. I used to use Neutrogena Moisture products (while they did not clog pores/lead to breakouts, it did not provide as much moisture as this does). So far I'm happy with it. Time will tell about the "making hair softer, finer, and less noticeable" claim. I look forward to hearing how you like this product.