Aveeno Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer

Aveeno Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer

2.7

on 10/26/2005 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this facial moisturizer. It doesn't feel thick on my face and it really moisturizes. I bought Olay spf 15 and it was thick on my face, I had to wash it off instantly. This has the perfect amount of moisture so it feels good on the skin. The price is a little expensive, but it's a great moisturizer!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this product for over a month now along with the Aveeno skin brightening daily scrub. As previously stated, it didn't improve the appearance of unwanted hair but it did do it's job as a moisturizer without causing a single breakout. (I usually get breakouts w/ OLAY products) I do find my skin to be a little olier than usual when I wake up in the morning but my skin was a little dry before-hand so i'm ok with that. It was about $11 and I'm halfway through the bottle. I will probably repurchase this product in the upcoming months.

on 8/9/2005 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this lotion! I didn't expect any miracles when it came to facial hair (thank god I'm not hairy) but i bought it b/c a friend raved about how smooth it made your skin feel and how well toned it made your face look. I went through one bottle already - it IS kinda expensive for a drugstore lotion but totally worth it I think. Not that I'm always one for advertising, but In Style magazine named it the best overall facial moisturizer of the year.

this was a good facial moisturizer--it makes my face soft and smooth. i use this as my night moisturizer. it doesn't do much to facial hair, though. and the price tag's a little steep for a d/s brand ($15).

on 5/10/2004 4:21:00 PM

Love the light, pretty scent of this. Like all Aveeno products, this one rocks. I like the fact too, that it's oil-free, another plus for us super oily skinned gals. Goes on smoothly, absorbs well, smells great, and contains spf too! What more could you ask for?

on 6/24/2003 1:54:00 AM

This lotion is supposed to help reduce the appearance of unwanted facial hair. I've only been using it a week so I can't tell if it's doing that yet. I'll update if I notice any hair decrease.

However, I can say that it does a very good job of moisturizing my super dry, flaky patches. I only use it on my cheeks, jaw, and neck. This oil-free lotion is light and smooth, and it soaks in nicely. Very nice feel.

My only complaint is the smell. The package says it's "lightly fragranced" but I found it a little fake and strong-smelling. I wish it smelled like the shave gel, which reminds me of almonds. However, it is not a big complaint and I will purchase this again.

on 4/11/2003 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It is still too early for me to place a verdict on this product. The first time I used it, my skin felt a slight sting. However, it does provide the right amount of moisture for me. I used to use Neutrogena Moisture products (while they did not clog pores/lead to breakouts, it did not provide as much moisture as this does). So far I'm happy with it. Time will tell about the "making hair softer, finer, and less noticeable" claim. I look forward to hearing how you like this product.

on 3/28/2008 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I prefer this one over the positively radiant. It didn't break me out and felt pretty good on my skin. I agree that it is a bit expensive.

on 6/18/2007 11:43:00 AM

This stuff is merely okay; however, I will probably purchase again.

The pluses: it doesn't make me break out, it smells nice, it has made the hair on my upper lip softer and finer, and it makes the other hair on my face easier to remove. I pluck and epilate on my face, and it seems less painful for me to epilate, and when I pluck, the hair just sort of eases out of the follicle. I do like that. But that is not to say that the hair is becoming less noticeable...

The minuses: it doesn't control oil, it stings a bit on application, it is pretty sticky, it has no sunscreen, and it doesn't do a thing to make the hair on my chin, throat and sideburn area finer or softer.

So why will repurchase, if the bad outweighs the good? Because I am desperate for results. So I'm willing to buy at least one more bottle and pray that it will eventually work. But this stuff is expensive, so I probably will only buy it one more time if 2 full bottles doesn't produce the desired result.

on 3/17/2007 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product was okay, it made my face slightly greasier but it did make my face pretty soft. As for minimizing the appearance of unwanted hair, I didn't notice any difference whatsoever so for that purpose, I think it failed miserably. It also left residue on my skin. I think it did improve the texture of my skin though. I thought it was pretty expensive and I don't think I'll be buying this product again after I finish the bottle.