Aveeno Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer

Aveeno Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer

2.7

on 4/11/2003 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It is still too early for me to place a verdict on this product. The first time I used it, my skin felt a slight sting. However, it does provide the right amount of moisture for me. I used to use Neutrogena Moisture products (while they did not clog pores/lead to breakouts, it did not provide as much moisture as this does). So far I'm happy with it. Time will tell about the "making hair softer, finer, and less noticeable" claim. I look forward to hearing how you like this product.

on 6/24/2003 1:54:00 AM

This lotion is supposed to help reduce the appearance of unwanted facial hair. I've only been using it a week so I can't tell if it's doing that yet. I'll update if I notice any hair decrease.

However, I can say that it does a very good job of moisturizing my super dry, flaky patches. I only use it on my cheeks, jaw, and neck. This oil-free lotion is light and smooth, and it soaks in nicely. Very nice feel.

My only complaint is the smell. The package says it's "lightly fragranced" but I found it a little fake and strong-smelling. I wish it smelled like the shave gel, which reminds me of almonds. However, it is not a big complaint and I will purchase this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love the smell (it's not floral, but not medicinal either - definitely "artificial"-smelling, but I love it. That said, it does not absorb into my skin at all, so after a litte while, my forehead and chin are really greasy-feeling and shiny because this lotion just sits on top of my skin. I have not noticed any effect on facial hair, although the product claims to make the hair finer and easier to remove over time.

on 8/6/2003 9:49:00 PM

YUK! This stuff broke me out so badly! It made my skin feel greasy and didn't absorb. I haven't noticed my hairs any more fine at all. I think I am allergic to something aveeno uses because this is the second aveeno product i have bought that has broken me out terribly. I have sensitive acne prone skin and this moisterizer was hell on my skin. I would avoid it if you have skin type like mine! continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

While I haven't noticed a reduction in hair on my face, I have noticed it does stop zits from getting bigger and nastier! What a pleasant side effect. I didn't like it at first though because it did sting and it took a while for it to absorb. Now, I might just buy it again so I don't have to buy any more Retin-A (which doesn't really help my zits!).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Just got this two days ago. I have eczema, and Aveeno is a brand I trust to be gentle on my skin. I also liked that it is "clinically proven to minimize the appearnce of unwanted hair" after two weeks. Well, this product STINGS! I am now only using it on my upper lip and chin area. I was suprised that it hurt so much! I will update on the hair minimizing properties later.

on 5/10/2004 4:21:00 PM

Love the light, pretty scent of this. Like all Aveeno products, this one rocks. I like the fact too, that it's oil-free, another plus for us super oily skinned gals. Goes on smoothly, absorbs well, smells great, and contains spf too! What more could you ask for?

on 6/12/2004 7:02:00 PM

I bought this product a while ago and didn't use it. I started using it about 3 weeks ago. I don't really notice any difference with the facial hair aspect, but maybe. I have noticed that it does not absorb really well into the skin, but it seems to make my foundation sit better on my (combination) skin. I have also had less breakouts since I started using it. The smell doesn't really bother me, I think this is a product, you'd have to try.

on 8/23/2004 1:51:00 PM

I bought this for facial hair. And once again I was fooled by the promises just like the Biore moisturizer. I thought since this one cost wayyyyyy more then Biore ( I wasted $22 CDN on this junk!). SO far I havent seen any thing significant. And even if it did nothign for facial hair, it should atleast moisturize nicely for the cost....but noooo. Aveeno sucks.

on 8/24/2004 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Terribly pricey.
Used it for a few months, noticed no difference in facial hair.
Nice smell though, not overpowering or medicinal.
Absorbs rather well, but not very fast.