Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara

Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara
High Volume Mascara

3.6

Water, acrylates/ethylhexel copolymer, glyceryl stearate se, ceteth-15, alcohol, stearic acid, nylon-6, carnauba, copernicia cerifera wax, pvp, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, potassium hydroxide, butylparaben, propylparaben, laureth-21, jojoba buxus chinensis oil, squalane, sodium dehydroacetate, silica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide.

on 11/2/2016 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This mascara was recommended to me by a sales associate when I told her I preferred to buy from cruelty free brands. I'm giving this a three out of five rating because it has some positive qualities. It doesn't smudge and that is a good selling point. However, $31.50 is expensive and you can find other tubing mascaras for less.

PROS:

1) Doesn’t smudge
2) Easy to remove
3) Skinny brush makes it easy to apply without getting mascara on your eyelids
4) Builds good length

CONS:

1) Did not hold up well for me on long days. After a few hours, my lashes stuck together in short, spiky clumps.
2) I expected more volume from a mascara called “High Volume.”
3) Although it’s easy to remove, it did not remove as cleanly and quickly as Blinc.
4) I prefer the way Blinc looks on my lashes, especially by the end of the day.

Summary:

Having tried this and Blinc's tubing mascaras, I prefer to buy Blinc. I got more volume from Blinc Amplified than Trish McEvoy High Volume. I also prefer the regular version of Blinc because it looks more natural on my lashes. Blinc's tubes coat my lashes evenly and I have not seen them stick together hours after applying. Blinc's regular mascara comes in several colors including purple, blue, green, two shades of brown, and black. Usually I buy black but occasionally I like a different shade and Blinc gives me more options. At $26, Blinc is certainly not a cheap mascara but Blinc is still less expensive than Trish McEvoy. (Blinc is also cruelty free.)

Ingredients:

Water, Acrylates/Ethylhexel Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Ceteth-15, Alco- Hol, Stearic Acid, Nylon-6, Carnauba, Copernicia Cerifera Wax, Pvp, Phe- Noxyethanol, Methylparaben, Potas- Sium Hydroxide, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Laureth-21, Jojoba Buxus Chinensis Oil, Squalane, Sodium Dehy- Droacetate, Silica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 7/11/2016 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Okay, it has only been a week since I purchased this but I feel like I can give this a good review. It does add volume, not a lot, but it does give you the false lash effect. Now, we just got back from Disney in the sweltering heat of Orlando and this held up with sweat running down your face, water rides and long lines. It is also easy to remove and I was able to take it off with my cleanser and water. I did not want to pack a lot and make up remover would have been too much. It is ridiculously over priced and that is a drawback but I would repurchase this.

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/29/2016 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's very easy to remove with no eye irritation. Because the removal is so easy, I reach for it even on days that I don't feel like wearing any makeup - which is often.

When I first got this mascara I didn't think I liked it because I wanted a special occasion mascara with lots of volume. This one looks very subtle with one coat, and my first few attempts to do multiple coats with it were a mess of grains and clumps. The grains and clumps won't comb out - it's actually easier to just remove it all and start over. Maybe I'm just super picky about clumps, because I don't see this mentioned in other reviews. I did finally get 2 or 3 coats to look smooth and separated, by applying it with a clean dry plastic mascara wand that I clean and dry in between every coat (and also lash-combing in between every coat). Having pack of plastic wands makes this easier because I can just grab a new wand instead of cleaning the one I already used.

One coat is nice though. It's smooth without much effort and it looks very natural - not dramatic but nice. I usually don't get any clumps on the first coat.

That said, I don't think I want them to change the formula to make multiple coats easier. The plasticky texture that makes multiple coats tricky is the same thing that makes removal so easy. And easy removal is why I am wearing it more often than any other makeup product. I'm willing to do extra steps if I want multiple coats because I only need multiple coats for a special occasion.

I am also glad this brand is cruelty-free. I am trying to transition to cruelty-free brands for all new makeup purchases.

Compared to one other cruelty-free tubing mascara that I own (Nyx), I think this one removes in larger softer clumps and I like that enough to justify paying more.

on 5/8/2016 10:12:00 PM

It's old school Kevyn Aucoin until they changed the formula. SO excited. This is fantastic.

on 2/24/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Best mascara so far! Won't budge until you want it too (with water). Love the small bristles... That translates to "really gets in there!". I am not one to splurge on mascara since it's a frequent purchase (3-4 months) but I'm breaking my own policy and going with this one until a) I can no longer afford it or b) something better comes along.

I purchased this bcs a friend explained how you easily roll the tubes off your lashes with water. No panda eyes ever again. On that basis worth a shot! I love the packaging, really sleek heavy-weight tube. Unfortunately that's as far as the positives go, aside from yes it does wash off amazingly well.

The brush is awful, a short fibrous spiral. When I say short I mean around 3mm, so not much at all to get around your lashes so they are glooped together. Ugh. The formula itself is sort of plasticated so sets once you've applied it, hence ease of removal. This means it's impossible to layer as it just globs together once you leave the first layer to set. I tried this so many different ways and it just didn't work for me. Also, because it disappears so well in water, I left the house on a humid day and on a foggy day and on both occasions my lashes morphed into gluey lumpy messes. AWFUL. At around 25 this is a pretty appaling mascara. Am sticking with No. 17, Maybelline + L'oreal!

This mascara was great to begin with, length, buildable volume, no flaking, smudging, etc, beautiful, inky black color, but just after a few short weeks, it began to dry out quickly and and when applied it flaked everywhere. For the price, I expect far more and there are too many cheap, drugstore mascaras out there that perform a lot better.

on 12/22/2014 8:24:00 PM

This is a GREAT 'naked' face mascara for when you want the world to see you as a natural beauty, such as a day at the beach or biking around town. It definitely darkens but lashes look softer and more natural than any other mascara I've ever used. It's marketed as High Volume which I think is misleading - you don't get the drama of a Chanel or Dior. It coats the lashes in little tubes and this seems to keep them from clumping. The coverage is nice, it never flakes or smears but comes off easily. My niece just turned 15 and this is the mascara I got for her so she wouldn't look like a teenage whore.

The tube appears small but it seems to last as long as any of my other mascaras. And the small brush seems to really aid in the application. This is not what I use everyday, and especially not at night, but it definitely serves a purpose!

on 11/7/2013 4:12:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Excellent product. This is the only mascara that doesn't fall on my under eye area after 4 hours. It stays on perfect all day. Its easy to apply, the thin brush makes it easy to get hold of even the very thin lower lashes. it is quite pricey, if not to say very, but its worth it.

on 4/2/2013 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very torn when it comes to this product. Let's just say I haven't been blessed in the lashes department. They are light, fine, thin, etc. Generally, I am happy with a mascara that gives some volume and length. My biggest issue is that the skin around my eyes tends to get very oily throughout the day. This causes even waterproof mascaras to smudge and smear. I have been on the search for my perfect mascara for a long time. I came across Trish McEvoy at Nordstom, and decided to give it a try. The sales consultant sold me when she promised it would not smudge. I purchased it with high hopes.

PROS:
Does not smudge! It really doesn't. I even put it on my bottom lashes, and at the end of the day it's not halfway don my face.
Removes easily. It really just slides right off with a mild cleanser. No need for crazy makeup removers.
Great jet black color.

CONS:
It never seems to go on just right. There always is a clump here or there.
Doesn't give any real volume like it says. Other mascaras have delivered much better in that department.
Consistency changes dramatically over a short period of time. Within about one month, this mascara went from almost too wet, to dried and clumpy.
Too pricey for what it actually delivers.

I don't know if I will be buying this again. The non-smudging quality is a huge selling point for me, as is the easy removal. I think I will be trying out some other brands, but will not rule out this product in the future.