Sisley Phyto-Teint Eclat Liquid Oil-Free Foundation

Sisley Phyto-Teint Eclat Liquid Oil-Free Foundation
Phyto-Teint Eclat Liquid Oil-Free FoundationPhyto-Teint Eclat Liquid Oil-Free FoundationPhyto-Teint Eclat Liquid Oil-Free FoundationPhyto-Teint Eclat Liquid Oil-Free Foundation

4.4

Water/Eau(Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Silica, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (Dimethicone Copolyol), Polyethylene, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride, Beeswax/Cire D'Abeille (Cera Alba), Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Gardenia Florida Extract, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]. (cont. benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, cinnamyl alcohol, citronellol, coumarin, eugenol, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionone).

I tried this last night when I had a date. I am getting to the point where I find that most foundations emphasize what I don't want want (fine lines, pores etc) making me look older. This foundation went on full coverage on me and matte. I only used a little bit and it seemed very full coverage. It did not really highlight what I did not want highlighted though and it stayed in place very well in the 100+ heat. It is very expensive and I know I sound cliche but with this stuff a little goes a long way. In my case a couple of tiny dabs. It still felt a little heavy for everyday wear but that is a preference issue. If you have skin that is 30+ and want full coverage this is a good one to try.

I had a sample of this product and tried it. I thought perhaps the oil free nature would be good for the summer months. I was surprised to find it lasting and went on smoothly for an oil free product. Sometimes foundations are too heavy for my skin or too yellow in the undertone department. I am using the shade Natural for the summer and it works fine.
I am giving it a lower star rating fro the price. These products are quite pricey, and, I am certain there are other similar products that may be less expensive.
The packaging is cute. The bottle is somewhat ergonomic in design. It is short and rounded. Easy to hold. I usually squirt a bit on the back of my hand and apply to my face with a brush when I have time and with my fingers when I do not. Either way the application was effortless.

Weird that I haven't reviewed this foundation before, as it has been my favorite for 10 years now (or even longer, and I try many foundations). It's just a pleasure to use, as it applies easily and smoothly with any kind of tool, Beauty Blender gives a more sheer coverage (I don't like to apply it with BB though), brush or fingers give medium coverage, and can be layered to a certain extent. It doesn't build to full cover, so it won't cover heavy pigment issues, acne scars or dark circles. What it can do is blur away pores, minor imperfections and tiny lines like those around eyes. The best thing about this foundation is the lasting power! I get 10+ hours out of it, without primer or powder, with minimal fading. It also doesn't separate or melt, even on hot days it makes skin appear glow-y instead of greasy. With some silica powder on top it turns matte and then as the day goes on it turns dewy-semi-matte. As opposed to other silicone-heavy foundations that turn oilier and shinier as the hours go by and no amount of blotting and powdering can help. The built-in oil control in very minimal, though, so it's not a foundation that I would get for a total matte look. There is also little movement with this foundation, it doesn't migrate much into lines, even without powder it stays put. I experienced no clogged pores, no irritations or breakouts with this foundation, despite ingredients that could potentially be disastrous in those regards (the YMMV rule), I even think there is a small skin benefit as I notice a slightly brighter skin after wearing it, and it doesn't dry skin out. There is also a heavy amount of fragrance in this foundation, but it's a sophisticated old-school floral scent and again, no irritations from it, not even when used around eyes. Again, as opposed to other scent-heavy make-up that makes me tear up. Potential downside: the foundation darkens/oxidizes and goes a shade deeper, so when looking for a color match it is worthwhile to apply 2-3 shades and wait a while. Because this is not really a foundations that can be used for 'no make-up' or 'my skin, but better' looks, it doesn't adapt to skin's color like some newer generation foundations can. And on dry and/or flaky skin it doesn't perform as well, it likes a well moisturized and properly exfoliated skin.

on 3/9/2017 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love it !

on 10/9/2016 3:23:00 PM

This is the best foundation for people with problem/sensitive skin. I always had many skin problems since I was my child but my skin is quiet flawless so I never needed too much coverage. Sisley really does take pride in their products and it's abit pricey but it's definitely worth every penny. This foundation gives you that natural yet flawless look and it's made with natural products. It's definitely 1 of my top 5 foundations

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive ruddy-coloured skin (due to broken capillaries) but I do not like foundation that I can feel or see. Sounds silly really, as I should probably opt for full coverage. But I like a natural look and heavy foundation makes me look older than I am. I have tried every foundation regardless of price. This is the best one for me. I think colour-matching is key for any make-up and maybe the fact that No 1 fits me, is also why I like this. I use a brush to apply and I tend to build it up a bit on the red parts. I should preface this by saying I always moisturise and sometimes use primer beforehand. I don't want the foundation to sit in my pores.

The texture is creamy and gives a soft finish. It's a light to medium coverage, but doesn't feel heavy at all. Someone commented that the scent was negative, but I think it's lovely. To each his own I guess.

I also use Sisley's concealer No 1. That is definitely the best concealer I've ever used. I am not without eye wrinkles and it does not sit in them.

This is an expensive foundation, but for me, it works. If you're considering it, ask for a sample or two first so you can walk around for a day or two with it on, to see if you like it. Too expensive to make a mistake! (I used to use Chantecaille Future Skin, but decided that Sisley was much better for me. And I can't stand using a pot - pump is much better.)

on 3/24/2016 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was utterly impressed with the Sisley Phyto-Teint Eclat Oil-Free Adjustable Coverage foundation (shade 1), but I couldn't justify the price.

The good things about the foundation:

* makes your skin look better, looks like I have naturally good skin. The pores are filled, and the skin looks smooth and healthy.
* dewy (not wet), healthy finish.
* lightweight

The bad things:
* high price. The foundation is the most expensive foundation on the market here. It is unbelievable how much they sell it for (US$120). Despite the high price, all the bloggers swear that the price completely justifies the high price tag. Even on Makeupalley it has a high grade!
* average longevity. I know the foundation is not to blame, but come on, who doesn't want a longwearing foundation?! We're all busy during the day and are in a rush all the time.
* the coverage is not customizable, but light. Redness is not covered completely and acne bumps are visible. Concealer is a must with this one.

The Urban Decay Naked Skin founation is a good alternative to the Sisley foundation!

I have tried with:

MAC Mineralize Charged Water Moisture gel
Primer (Hourglass Mineral Veil, Benefit Porefessional, Lancome La Base)
and without primer

I have sensitive oily dehydrated skin.

Wear: standard (7+ hr), coverage: light, oil-control: oily after 4+ hr, application: easy, finish: dewy, strength: the skin looks beautiful, natural, healthy, and baby-soft, weakness: price, longevity, coverage

Shades that work for me:
NC20 PLW - too orange, but passable when not exposed to bright light
B20 in Chanel - too beige, makes me look dull (B10 in other formulations better)
2.0 in Urban Decay - perfect (love it; formulation comparable to Sisley's)
010 Lancome - similar to PLW NC20
1W2 ELDW - similar to PLW NC20
06 Illamasqua
Shell Hourglass - slightly to light but good, in Immaculate

In Sisley, the 1 was not the perfect match. +1 was too yellow

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I loved this foundation very much when I tried it for the first time. It is very runny, quite pigmented (medium to full coverage I'd say), and gives a semi matte finish. For someone with very dry skin, who usually goes for very sheer, dewy finish type foundations, this was quite a change for me, but I loved it because it still looked very natural and covered all my imperfections in one layer. It also stayed on for hours, and after some serious digging I managed to find a color that suited my very fair, cool toned skin.

As it is quite expensive, I did not buy the product straight away but got a sample to try first. This turned out to be a good thing because this foundation oxidized like crazy on me. After just a few hours, I turned bright orange. Needles to say I did not end up buying this foundation.

However, I think that if this foundation does not oxidize on you it can be a fantastic choice, especially if you're looking for a matte but still natural looking, good coverage foundation that will work on dry sensitive skin.

This is a marvellous foundation! The finish is absolutely gorgeous, half matte, half sheen. I have very sensitive skin around my cheeks that itch and this hasn't agitated it, in fact, I think the goodness of the ingredients in the foundation has helped calm it. The texture is a light liquid and the coverage goes on medium which can be built on to cover imperfections. The colours are of a good range but I would suggest going to a Sisley counter and having someone apply this for you on your entire face because I've noticed the colour settles into the skin and looks slightly different from when it first goes on. Thankfully, the beauty consultant who applied it on for me had the knowledge of which colour would suit me best while considering the settling. It's a bane to apply liquid foundation when in a rush but the Real Techniques expert brush has made it so much easier, the end result is a lovely air-brushed look. I finish off with MAC blot powder and while I do have oily combination skin, I've only had to tissue-blot once after seven hours. Pricey but definitely worth every cent!
Update 25/02/16: This foundation still makes my skin look amazing but I've noticed that the more I use it, the worse my skin gets. This is causing smalls dots and uneven skin along my jaw. I believe it has to do with the dimethicone in the product which also contributes to creating the flawless look. My skin nevers seems to react well to that ingredient. Disappointed as I really liked the finish and the staying power but for those who can tolerate the ingredients, I still think it's a wonderful foundation.

on 5/3/2015 9:50:00 AM

Every time I finish a bottle of Koh Gen Do Aqua foundation I try to seek a better substitute. I like a sheer coverage, oil-free base for summer. Phyto Teint fits the bill in that sense: the finish is matte yet luminous, it is super easy to blend and does not sit in lines AT ALL! (even better than KGD), and it`s also very long lasting with a light setting of powder. I am 012 for KGD Aqua and Ivory for Phyto Teint and the color match is just great for my complexion. I did not experience any oxidation after more than 10 hours. The reason that I will not repurchase is that it is incredibly expensive, has a fragrance which I am not too crazy about, and has no SPF whatsoever.