Sisley Phyto Teint Eclat Oil-Free Foundation

Sisley Phyto Teint Eclat Oil-Free Foundation
Phyto Teint Eclat Oil-Free FoundationPhyto Teint Eclat Oil-Free FoundationPhyto Teint Eclat Oil-Free Foundation

4.3

Water/Eau(Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Silica, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (Dimethicone Copolyol), Polyethylene, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride, Beeswax/Cire D'Abeille (Cera Alba), Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Gardenia Florida Extract, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]. (cont. benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, cinnamyl alcohol, citronellol, coumarin, eugenol, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionone).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive ruddy-coloured skin (due to broken capillaries) but I do not like foundation that I can feel or see. Sounds silly really, as I should probably opt for full coverage. But I like a natural look and heavy foundation makes me look older than I am. I have tried every foundation regardless of price. This is the best one for me. I think colour-matching is key for any make-up and maybe the fact that No 1 fits me, is also why I like this. I use a brush to apply and I tend to build it up a bit on the red parts. I should preface this by saying I always moisturise and sometimes use primer beforehand. I don't want the foundation to sit in my pores.

The texture is creamy and gives a soft finish. It's a light to medium coverage, but doesn't feel heavy at all. Someone commented that the scent was negative, but I think it's lovely. To each his own I guess.

I also use Sisley's concealer No 1. That is definitely the best concealer I've ever used. I am not without eye wrinkles and it does not sit in them.

This is an expensive foundation, but for me, it works. If you're considering it, ask for a sample or two first so you can walk around for a day or two with it on, to see if you like it. Too expensive to make a mistake! (I used to use Chantecaille Future Skin, but decided that Sisley was much better for me. And I can't stand using a pot - pump is much better.)

on 3/24/2016 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was utterly impressed with the Sisley Phyto-Teint Eclat Oil-Free Adjustable Coverage foundation (shade 1), but I couldn't justify the price.

The good things about the foundation:

* makes your skin look better, looks like I have naturally good skin. The pores are filled, and the skin looks smooth and healthy.
* dewy (not wet), healthy finish.
* lightweight

The bad things:
* high price. The foundation is the most expensive foundation on the market here. It is unbelievable how much they sell it for (US$120). Despite the high price, all the bloggers swear that the price completely justifies the high price tag. Even on Makeupalley it has a high grade!
* average longevity. I know the foundation is not to blame, but come on, who doesn't want a longwearing foundation?! We're all busy during the day and are in a rush all the time.
* the coverage is not customizable, but light. Redness is not covered completely and acne bumps are visible. Concealer is a must with this one.

The Urban Decay Naked Skin founation is a good alternative to the Sisley foundation!

I have tried with:

MAC Mineralize Charged Water Moisture gel
Primer (Hourglass Mineral Veil, Benefit Porefessional, Lancome La Base)
and without primer

I have sensitive oily dehydrated skin.

Wear: standard (7+ hr), coverage: light, oil-control: oily after 4+ hr, application: easy, finish: dewy, strength: the skin looks beautiful, natural, healthy, and baby-soft, weakness: price, longevity, coverage

Shades that work for me:
NC20 PLW - too orange, but passable when not exposed to bright light
B20 in Chanel - too beige, makes me look dull (B10 in other formulations better)
2.0 in Urban Decay - perfect (love it; formulation comparable to Sisley's)
010 Lancome - similar to PLW NC20
1W2 ELDW - similar to PLW NC20
06 Illamasqua
Shell Hourglass - slightly to light but good, in Immaculate

In Sisley, the 1 was not the perfect match. +1 was too yellow

To Read all 151 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I loved this foundation very much when I tried it for the first time. It is very runny, quite pigmented (medium to full coverage I'd say), and gives a semi matte finish. For someone with very dry skin, who usually goes for very sheer, dewy finish type foundations, this was quite a change for me, but I loved it because it still looked very natural and covered all my imperfections in one layer. It also stayed on for hours, and after some serious digging I managed to find a color that suited my very fair, cool toned skin.

As it is quite expensive, I did not buy the product straight away but got a sample to try first. This turned out to be a good thing because this foundation oxidized like crazy on me. After just a few hours, I turned bright orange. Needles to say I did not end up buying this foundation.

However, I think that if this foundation does not oxidize on you it can be a fantastic choice, especially if you're looking for a matte but still natural looking, good coverage foundation that will work on dry sensitive skin.

This is a marvellous foundation! The finish is absolutely gorgeous, half matte, half sheen. I have very sensitive skin around my cheeks that itch and this hasn't agitated it, in fact, I think the goodness of the ingredients in the foundation has helped calm it. The texture is a light liquid and the coverage goes on medium which can be built on to cover imperfections. The colours are of a good range but I would suggest going to a Sisley counter and having someone apply this for you on your entire face because I've noticed the colour settles into the skin and looks slightly different from when it first goes on. Thankfully, the beauty consultant who applied it on for me had the knowledge of which colour would suit me best while considering the settling. It's a bane to apply liquid foundation when in a rush but the Real Techniques expert brush has made it so much easier, the end result is a lovely air-brushed look. I finish off with MAC blot powder and while I do have oily combination skin, I've only had to tissue-blot once after seven hours. Pricey but definitely worth every cent!
Update 25/02/16: This foundation still makes my skin look amazing but I've noticed that the more I use it, the worse my skin gets. This is causing smalls dots and uneven skin along my jaw. I believe it has to do with the dimethicone in the product which also contributes to creating the flawless look. My skin nevers seems to react well to that ingredient. Disappointed as I really liked the finish and the staying power but for those who can tolerate the ingredients, I still think it's a wonderful foundation.

on 5/3/2015 9:50:00 AM

Every time I finish a bottle of Koh Gen Do Aqua foundation I try to seek a better substitute. I like a sheer coverage, oil-free base for summer. Phyto Teint fits the bill in that sense: the finish is matte yet luminous, it is super easy to blend and does not sit in lines AT ALL! (even better than KGD), and it`s also very long lasting with a light setting of powder. I am 012 for KGD Aqua and Ivory for Phyto Teint and the color match is just great for my complexion. I did not experience any oxidation after more than 10 hours. The reason that I will not repurchase is that it is incredibly expensive, has a fragrance which I am not too crazy about, and has no SPF whatsoever.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I used this one 2 bottles .....long time ago when I graduated and wanted something new.

The foundation is satin texture , rich , easy to blend on your skin . It keep your skin look glow all day. At the end of the day , the color change to slightly dark on my skin . I live in a hot climate , so this product is quite oily when I stay in the sun , sweat ... doesn't look good.

I think this product is good when you use in winter , low humidity . All of them have PINK undertone . I'm asian with yellow under tone , I can't wear it often . But I do love its rich luxurious texture on my skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I have ever used but it is way too expensive to be practical for me. If you've got money to burn though, buy it!

This is a really lovely foundation, satiny and natural light coverage, can be built up a little but not good for covering anything major, the only real thing that out me off is THE SMELL! It has this fragrance packed scent that makes my face wreak of a grandmas powder table and I really can't handle it, these days I just seem to have a weak stomach for anything that is scented and this is one of those things :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am very conflicted about buying this again because the price is utterly ridiculous and this is definitely a every day wear rather than special occasion type of foundation as it has only light coverage in my opinion. I have maybe 2 or 3 face fulls of my bottle left now and ive been desperately trying to find a cheaper alternative but there simply isn't one.

The main positive points for me about this foundation are that the colour 0 porcelain is an excellent match (very hard to come by when you are the colour of clotted cream!), and that it really does stand up to my oily skin with no fear of clogging or irritation. It also gives a lovely matte but not flat or dead looking finish and never settles in pores.

My complaints are that in order to get even medium coverage (I have loads if acne scars and usually a few spots) I have to stipple onquite heavily with a beauty blender. The effect is lovely and airbrushed this way although it uses a ton of very expensive product. The other things that bother me are the smell and the fact that when my skin is dry it can show up flakes quite a lot and itdoes look very powdery when first applied but this wears off quickly as I am so oily!

Overall its a lovely product and one of the best I've found but I think I will keep looking for something else a bit longer before I cave and buy it again!

on 1/3/2015 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This foundation has some good qualities, lightweight, it minimizes pores, does not accentuate dry, flakey skin, lasts all day it provided a natural, slightly matte finish. When I applied this foundation it looked great very natural, it didnít feel like I was wearing foundation which I loved. However, this foundation does not perform better than a $50 foundation, or Revlon colourstay. There are much better foundations on the market.
The Pros
-Once applied it looked natural, a light to medium coverage
-Great for flash photography
The cons
This shade ( Mocha ) oxidized on me. It got much darker(and more red, Iím a yellow undertone) so this was a no. in a few hours it didnít look very natural at all.
-Not enough shade ranges for darker skin, if youíre darker than NC50 forget about it.
-It is very expensive! Not worth the price!

I would not buy this again