Sisley Phyto-Teint Eclat Liquid Oil-Free Foundation

Sisley Phyto-Teint Eclat Liquid Oil-Free Foundation
Phyto-Teint Eclat Liquid Oil-Free FoundationPhyto-Teint Eclat Liquid Oil-Free FoundationPhyto-Teint Eclat Liquid Oil-Free FoundationPhyto-Teint Eclat Liquid Oil-Free Foundation

4.3

Water/Eau(Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Silica, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (Dimethicone Copolyol), Polyethylene, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride, Beeswax/Cire D'Abeille (Cera Alba), Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Gardenia Florida Extract, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]. (cont. benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, cinnamyl alcohol, citronellol, coumarin, eugenol, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionone).

on 2/8/2018 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good foundation. Very lightweight, medium coverage, easy to apply.
I really like it. Maybe not ok for someone who is looking for full coverage, but the phyto teint eclat has such a natural / beautiful effect, that I do not care about some 'imperfections' that remain visible.

on 1/20/2018 5:49:00 AM

This is the best foundation I have used in my life.
I have rosacea problems and can't use just any make up on my face so I have to choose carefully. Never had any outbreaks with Sisley foundation. It is the ONLY foundation I have ever tried that has enough coverage and it looks natural. Really, if you use it moderately on your skin, people would not even notice you have make up on (especially men ;)
I am using it for over a year and I have only used over half of the bottle.
Would reccomend to everyone
Especially with troubled skin
Worth the money

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

When you buy a foundation for so much money you expect it to be amazing, but it wasn't amazing on my skin.
It applies nicely with fingers, beauty blender or brush. It has a strong but not an unpleasant floral scent that lingers for hours. Applied in the morning I still can smell it by the evening. Surprisingly it's a first-ever heavily scented foundation that did not irritate my sensitive eyes. It lasts well and doesn't change its look through the day.
My biggers complain are the shades. I've picked up the Nude at first, but it was way too orangy-yellow and I always thought that my skin tone is kind of warm. The Ivore is very pink. Too pink for me. The salesperson advised me to take a Porcelain shade (lightest neutral), which I did and ended up with somehow ghostly complexion. I always look for a perfect match in the foundation, but to buy a Porcelain, an Ivory, and a Nude shades to mix them all up to get a decent match for my winter skin (nearly 400$ of foundation) I consider a way too extra.
Lightest shades roundup:
Porcelain - neutral light (not suitable for very fair skins, doesn't oxidize)
Vanilla - light pink undertone
Nude - light-medium very yellow undertone (I found that it does oxidize on my skin)
Ivory - light-medium with strong pink undertones

The foundation didn't perform extremely well on my dry patches and made my upper forehead slightly oily. Doesn't worth the money in my opinion. Even Revlon ColorStay performs better.

on 12/28/2017 4:01:00 AM

If you’ve read all of the other positive reviews written by the oily, acne prone MUA members, I’m basically just adding to what they’ve already written. This is the perfect foundation in every way except for the price. It’s painful. I’m used to spending a lot more for good skincare and facials, but makeup has never been my thing. At 38, I’m only just starting to see my first fine lines and slight sun damage, so I’m sort of makeup-stupid. My eyes get lined, eyelashes are curled, nose is powdered and some days I cover a spot or my under eye area. That doesn’t mean I haven’t tried 50+ foundations, I’ve just hated all but 2 TMs and both were discontinued long ago. With this foundation, I actually feel polished enough to wear a little lip color and mascara. The texture is perfect , and 1/2 to 1 pump covers my entire face. It can be layered to minimize pores or conceal blemishes and works wonders on dark circles. I’ve never had a breakout from this, never had it melt in the summer or oxidize on my greasy face. The color 0+ is perfect for my skin tone (not easy) and it feels and looks like skin. I try to avoid powdering over it because it diminishes its strengths - natural finish, realistic texture and coverage, and relatively good staying power.
I’d like to find something less spendy, but I’m so grateful that this exists I won’t complain. If you can afford it - try for yourself.

I tried this last night when I had a date. I am getting to the point where I find that most foundations emphasize what I don't want want (fine lines, pores etc) making me look older. This foundation went on full coverage on me and matte. I only used a little bit and it seemed very full coverage. It did not really highlight what I did not want highlighted though and it stayed in place very well in the 100+ heat. It is very expensive and I know I sound cliche but with this stuff a little goes a long way. In my case a couple of tiny dabs. It still felt a little heavy for everyday wear but that is a preference issue. If you have skin that is 30+ and want full coverage this is a good one to try.

I had a sample of this product and tried it. I thought perhaps the oil free nature would be good for the summer months. I was surprised to find it lasting and went on smoothly for an oil free product. Sometimes foundations are too heavy for my skin or too yellow in the undertone department. I am using the shade Natural for the summer and it works fine.
I am giving it a lower star rating fro the price. These products are quite pricey, and, I am certain there are other similar products that may be less expensive.
The packaging is cute. The bottle is somewhat ergonomic in design. It is short and rounded. Easy to hold. I usually squirt a bit on the back of my hand and apply to my face with a brush when I have time and with my fingers when I do not. Either way the application was effortless.

Weird that I haven't reviewed this foundation before, as it has been my favorite for 10 years now (or even longer, and I try many foundations). It's just a pleasure to use, as it applies easily and smoothly with any kind of tool, Beauty Blender gives a more sheer coverage (I don't like to apply it with BB though), brush or fingers give medium coverage, and can be layered to a certain extent. It doesn't build to full cover, so it won't cover heavy pigment issues, acne scars or dark circles. What it can do is blur away pores, minor imperfections and tiny lines like those around eyes. The best thing about this foundation is the lasting power! I get 10+ hours out of it, without primer or powder, with minimal fading. It also doesn't separate or melt, even on hot days it makes skin appear glow-y instead of greasy. With some silica powder on top it turns matte and then as the day goes on it turns dewy-semi-matte. As opposed to other silicone-heavy foundations that turn oilier and shinier as the hours go by and no amount of blotting and powdering can help. The built-in oil control in very minimal, though, so it's not a foundation that I would get for a total matte look. There is also little movement with this foundation, it doesn't migrate much into lines, even without powder it stays put. I experienced no clogged pores, no irritations or breakouts with this foundation, despite ingredients that could potentially be disastrous in those regards (the YMMV rule), I even think there is a small skin benefit as I notice a slightly brighter skin after wearing it, and it doesn't dry skin out. There is also a heavy amount of fragrance in this foundation, but it's a sophisticated old-school floral scent and again, no irritations from it, not even when used around eyes. Again, as opposed to other scent-heavy make-up that makes me tear up. Potential downside: the foundation darkens/oxidizes and goes a shade deeper, so when looking for a color match it is worthwhile to apply 2-3 shades and wait a while. Because this is not really a foundations that can be used for 'no make-up' or 'my skin, but better' looks, it doesn't adapt to skin's color like some newer generation foundations can. And on dry and/or flaky skin it doesn't perform as well, it likes a well moisturized and properly exfoliated skin.

on 3/9/2017 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love it !

on 10/9/2016 3:23:00 PM

This is the best foundation for people with problem/sensitive skin. I always had many skin problems since I was my child but my skin is quiet flawless so I never needed too much coverage. Sisley really does take pride in their products and it's abit pricey but it's definitely worth every penny. This foundation gives you that natural yet flawless look and it's made with natural products. It's definitely 1 of my top 5 foundations

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive ruddy-coloured skin (due to broken capillaries) but I do not like foundation that I can feel or see. Sounds silly really, as I should probably opt for full coverage. But I like a natural look and heavy foundation makes me look older than I am. I have tried every foundation regardless of price. This is the best one for me. I think colour-matching is key for any make-up and maybe the fact that No 1 fits me, is also why I like this. I use a brush to apply and I tend to build it up a bit on the red parts. I should preface this by saying I always moisturise and sometimes use primer beforehand. I don't want the foundation to sit in my pores.

The texture is creamy and gives a soft finish. It's a light to medium coverage, but doesn't feel heavy at all. Someone commented that the scent was negative, but I think it's lovely. To each his own I guess.

I also use Sisley's concealer No 1. That is definitely the best concealer I've ever used. I am not without eye wrinkles and it does not sit in them.

This is an expensive foundation, but for me, it works. If you're considering it, ask for a sample or two first so you can walk around for a day or two with it on, to see if you like it. Too expensive to make a mistake! (I used to use Chantecaille Future Skin, but decided that Sisley was much better for me. And I can't stand using a pot - pump is much better.)