no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

6 years ago

I have wavy, fine, very long hair. Although my hair is not thick, I have tons of it. This brush will detangle the most tangled hair without pulling or breaking. It's pretty incredible and a must have immediately following coloring my hair at the salon. However, I only use after highlighting. My complaint is that it doesn't fully "brush out" or detangle. Hair will appear detangled and brushed through but a second round of brushing with a different tool is always necessary. This may be due to the amount of hair I have.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

7 years ago

My HG brush. It does product static, which I'm not a fan of. I put my hair up in a pony or bun most of the time though, so I've worked around that. Some people say that this is a miracle product and gets out any tangle. I disagree. When my hair is REALLY tangled (like how it sometimes can get from organic conditioners), there's no saving it really with this brush. I have to use my fingers or go to my conventional conditioner in such scenarios. So if you keep your expectations realistic, this is a decent brush. It will, of course, blow any drugstore brush out of the water. I have gotten used to the beautiful white and orange pink on my counter. I really enjoy the look and feel of it. It's not bulky. Very sleek. The reason why it's better than the regular Mason Pearson is because you can use it on wet or dry hair. This also makes it easier to clean. I also like the look of it more than the regular black one. It's more feminine.

About reviewer (127 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

9 years ago

I like this brush, but I do not love it. I bought it 5 years ago when my hair was just below chin length. My hair is now very long (to my lower back). My hair is very thick and tangles very easily. I need to comb to detangle. I use the brush just to distribute the oils from my scalp, and it works well as long as my hair is already detangled. It still looks new despite regular use. I never use it on wet hair because I have read that water shortens the brush life, and I would never be able to get it through my wet hair.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I love this brush! It makes detangling super easy! It feels really different than most hair brushes, like it's really brushing every single hair. I've also noticed that less hair is left in this brush compared to others so hopefully this will help with keeping my hair full and healthy. Also my three year niece who hates brushing her long THICK hair likes it, and she usually crys and throws a tantrum when it comes to detangling, so it might be a good option for someone with kids.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

HairBrown

11 years ago

I really love my MP Universal (all Nylon Bristle brush) so I decided to get a 2nd, the Detangler, for work. I decided on the detangler brush instead of a 2nd Universal b/c I thought it would be the same brush only smaller. Well they both are all nylon bristle brushes but they are not same at all. The Universal has softer nylon bristles, great for daily maintenance of my dry thick long mane. The detangler's nylon bristles are much stiffer and seemingly longer, which would be ideal for using on wet tangled hair. I probably should have gotten a 2nd Universal but I do like the Detangler and will try it on wet hair, but already have 2 Mason Pearson Combs for my wet tangled hair. So depending on what your needs are, buy the Universal for brushing dried thick hair or the Detangler for Wet detangling.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

12 years ago

This brush is AMAZING. Whenever I travel and don't bring it with me I start whimpering inside after showering. My hair isn't even that tangly but it does such a good job brushing through my wet hair/evenly distributing products I put in it right before. The bristles feel SO GOOD on your scalp as it massages it. Oh it is amazing. My roommates used to steal this from me all the time. If you take care of Mason Pearsons they should last you a life time, so I doubt I would ever need to repurchase mine. ONE THING YOU MUST KNOW- DO NOT I repeat do not blow dry your hair with this! It will melt the bristles!! Only use it in wet hair after a shower or to detangle knotty dry hair/smooth it. No blow drying! Get the handy or jr. for those purposes!

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

from

12 years ago

SIMPLY AWESOME. It is worth every penny. I call it The Magic Brush (and I even have a backup!!). It slices right through the tangles without breaking, pulling, or snagging the hair whether it's wet or dry. I can't imagine being without it. I have long (middle of the back), fine to medium (lots of it), naturally wavy, highlighted hair that gets tangled very easily. This brush is a gift from Hair Heaven.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

14 years ago

If you have long tangley hair like mine, it is worth the very expensive price tag. It's the only brush I can get through my hair when it's not completely dry. I wouldn't even attempt to use a comb. Their combo brushes are good too, but boar hair bristles will cause wet hair to break. This will also last a lifetime.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

14 years ago

Finally broke down and splurged. I don't regret this purchase. I LOVE brushing my hair with this! I also noticed it makes my hair even more shinier. This is a great investment.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

1.0

15 years ago

The bristles started falling out of mine. Maybe it was defective, but I do not pay that kind of dough for something to fall apart. Returned it.

About reviewer (813 reviews)

SkinOther, Other