Stila 8-pan compact

Stila 8-pan compact

4.6

on 3/20/2009 10:30:00 AM

(Was a discontinued item for a while, but it's back again!)

Sturdy, refillable compact in matte silver, with full size mirror under the lid, 8 wells for pans, and a brush well. The included #16 brush has a stiff flat squared-tip push-liner brush on one end, and a soft medium-sized rounded eyeshadow brush on the other. The wells each have a recessed magnet to hold the pans in. Perfect for gals who like to depot and/or mix and match colors. Personally I don't care for cardboard packaging, so I depot all my Stila items and put them into refillable Stila palettes. I like to depot two quads and put them together in an 8-pan - really increases combination possibilities. A shorter 6-pan version is also available.

Holds pans up to 35mm, which means only Stila pans will fit... but beware, I have read that the newer Stila eyeshadow duos are a tad too big to fit! I really wish Stila had not chosen a non-standard size for their pans...

on 12/8/2007 5:44:00 PM

I like the sleek silver of this and the large mirror. It's very durable, in my experience. I've had it for years--I've hauled it with me everywhere, I've dropped it, and it's come through with just a few assorted scratches. I don't think it's even ever broken an eyeshadow--they've popped out, but I don't think they've broken. The only drawback to this is that I do not really need so much space. I chose this palette mostly because it had room for a brush, but then it turns out that I don't ever use that brush anyway. So, I think it's a great buy for someone who likes to have a lot of variety. For me, I think I could get by with a 4 pan (and maybe still have room to spare).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

These palettes are great. Large mirror and good quality double end brush. I love that you can poke the pans out through the holes in the back. No damages pans! My only gripe...mine seals really tight and everytime I open it the brush goes sailing. Compared to other palettes this is the best!

on 10/18/2005 10:25:00 PM

I like this palette but like everyone else said it is sooo expensive. I got mine on ebay but still overly priced for basically a container to put e/s in. But on the other hand I love how my Stila e/s all fit nicely in it. It has a huge mirror and the brush is a nice plus also. Overall I like it a lot but I think the next time I might try a smaller one, this one is very big and I don't have a lot of counter space. Pretty good case though!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This palette is great for having all your favourite Stila shadows in the one place.
The palette has a bit of weight to it, which is good as it will happily sit open without any fear of being knocked over. It also has the added advantage of being able to hold Bloom eyeshadows, as they are the exact same size as Stila pans.
The palette comes with the #16 brush, which is a flat liner on one end, and a small rounded eyeshadow brush on the other. The liner has quite hard bristles, and I find it too difficult to use for lining, but it's perfect for filling in brows or depositing shadow in my eye crease. The eyeshadow brush on the other end is a good all-rounder, but it's not great for blending.

on 7/13/2007 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

An essential for anyone with Stila shadows and blushes (I've got 3 of these). It's really sturdy and I love being able to have so many shadows in the one palette.

Price: $53.00 (CDN), almost $61 including sales tax in Ontario from Holt Renfrew

For $61 I cant help but think that I could have purchased 4 empty MAC palettes. This palette is ridiculously overpriced for what it is. When I opened mine one of the little magnet squares was loose! I do like the full sized mirror, but I dont like that it is so difficult to reposition pans once you have placed them into the palette. MAC palettes have a little finger dent so that you can take a palette out easily, but with the Stila one Im very scared that Ill scratch the eyeshadow. The brush that comes with the palette is impractical for me. It looks like a smaller version of the MAC 213 on one end and the MAC 212 on the other. I dont like the flat eyelining end of the brush at all. I have a few Stila shadows and I wanted a palette to put them in. If I make any Stila purchases in the future it will be from Sephora.com and not Holts.

on 6/11/2004 3:20:00 PM

This a great product for someone who travels a lot, or for anyone who wants to declutter their Stila eyeshadows, blushes, and eyebrow powders. I love how I can pick and choose the different products to put in the palette when I am traveling or if I just need to take along a little more makeup in my daily makeup bag. Initally it may seem like a lot of money to shell out for an empty palette, but keep in mind you save $2.00 USD if you buy the stila eyeshadows, blushes, etc. in just the palette "insert" form. If you opt to buy only the palette and not the additional cardboard container you will save money in the long run. I highly recommend the 4 and 6 palettes as well. Very versatile and a definite must-have for any Stila afficionado.

This is a very expensive compact, but it is very nice. It has a large mirror. The eye shadow pans are held in place by magnets, so don't drop this on the floor! You get a double-ended brush with a flat brush on one side and regular eye shadow brush on the other. The flat side is great for applying the shadows as an eyeliner. I like to wet the flat brush to apply the shadow as an eyeliner.

on 12/30/2004 1:39:00 PM

v.v.expensive palette, but i love the way it 'compacts' my stila eyeshadows! unlike other palettes, this is VERY durable! i accidentally dropped it on the floor once n looked in horror expecting my eyeshadows to be smashed and e mirror cracked, BUT to my surprise, everything was still in perfect condition! =D e palette was NOT even scratched!!! hwever, i won't purchase this again..would prefer to get the 4pan as e 8pan is a tad heavy to bring along when travelling.