Vaseline Vaseline

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/16/2016 2:56:00 PM

Saved my dehydrated skin. I've had dehydrated skin for about six months and tried countless moisturizers ranging from inexpensive creams to Estee Lauder. I even tried the OCM (which I still partly do, using avocado oil as a nighttime moisturizer which I love) but nothing worked. My skin was still dull and flaky. Enter Vaseline! I've had a tub for months and months but forgot about it and thus never used it until now. After one night of use, my skin was back to normal. Magic. I still use it once in a while when I feel a bit dry and it works sooo well.

on 4/4/2016 8:13:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Wonderful product.

I have recently started covering my eyes in it at night after I have applied moisturizer. I recently had hey fever and my eyes have been very sore and itchy, the results have been good. The skin around my eyes from rubbing them all day feels much better in the morning,

To Read all 151 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/27/2016 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

It's vaseline.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I saw in other reviews and tips, it can help grow your eyelash thicker and longer, but it didnt happen to me :( maybe I was fooled haha :'(
I dont know what to do now with this, so I gave it to my sister, and she said, she like this product ;/ hmm

Pretty much an iconic product. Mega cheap and extremely versatile. I use this everyday and it makes my lips soft. Scrub your lips with a toothbrush, flannel or a lip scrub (lip scrubs are a bit of a rip off compared to a toothbrush or flannel which can be used over and over again whereas a lip scrub will run out eventually) then apply Vaseline over it to make your lips super soft. I do this everyday because my lips get dry easily if I don't do it. All in all, a classic that should be in every bag/bathroom!

on 8/24/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

How I love Vaseline - I remember Mum having a huge tub of it around the house when I was a kid and it was then I first learnt how fantastic it is as a lip balm. I've always used it at night to soften my lips and around my eye area with excellent results.

Recently, I started reading more and more about people using Vaseline at night as a mask or even every night as a moisturiser. I was never brave enough to try it and assumed I'd just break out from all that grease. After a recent run in with a Clinque moisturiser which left my face red and dry, nothing was restoring moisture even after layer upon layer of Dermaveen and Aveeno moisturisers. In desperation, I bit the bullet decided to try Vaseline. I warmed a pea sized amount between my finger tips and patted it on over my moisturiser at night. Well, colour me surprised because it worked! The next day I woke to baby soft skin with no hint of a break out. Although my skin hadn't complete recovered, it was a lot better!

For the last few nights, I've been using Vaseline at nights and it's just amazing. I just splash my face with water in the mornings (I don't use cleanser) and pat dry with a towel before putting on my normal moisturiser and sunscreen. My skin has a glow to it and looks very dewy and soft. I'll update if I start to break out but so far the results have been amazing.

Just give it a go - at the very least, try it as a night face mask once a week. I know when you see the consistency it seems like you'll end up a greasy mess but it's kind of magical.

on 6/16/2015 12:21:00 PM

I LOVE Vaseline! It's not just perfect for cracked lips either. I use it over my moisturiser to seal in moisture if I have particularly bad dry patches. I also use it to remove my eye make-up (it does an amazing job). Best of all, it's cheap! Couldn't be without it :)

on 4/23/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Vaseline helps alleviate dry skin issues but it is not a moisturiser, it prevents moisture loss. As a moisturiser it isn't good. But it softens dead skin that makes it easier to exfoliate off. This is the number one product I would recommend for exams or sun burn or burns of any kind. It's just pure petroleum jelly and contains no nasties.

Great cheap household product.

LIPS: I love this, it works like a classic. However doesn't moisturise my lips like lip balms do as petroleum jelly only forms a barrier. Nivea Classic is sort of my vaseline that moisturises so anyone here wishing for a better "dupe" of this for lips check that one out! looks and feels the same but hydrating. As for vaseline, doesn't work ahhmazing over night (I wake up with normal lips not super plump or soft lips) but good one to have when its cold/windy and your lips are chapping from exposure.

LASHES: using this for over 5years on my lashes every night after removing mascara. My crunchy dry lashes feel better and helps them not fall out from the mascara.

Overall I cant hate. I wish it came in a tube, so it wouldn't be gross to dip fingers in the same jar for years (yes it lasts years), Buy this if you live under a rock and havent used it ever, its awesome (:

Who doesn't love Vaseline, I have used this everyday on my lips for as far back as I can remember, Every night before I go to bed I use it on my lips and lashes. Also since living in extreme cold for a while its really good to use to moisturise your lips and nose in the cold weather!

Popular Lips Products