Vaseline Vaseline

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/6/2018 1:02:00 AM

I feel like a lot of people here who've complained about Vaseline drying out their skin or causing irritation don't understand the difference between HYDRATING your skin skin and MOISTURIZING your skin.

Hydrating ingredients are things like glycerin (in pretty much every moisturizer) and hyaluronic acid (more expensive but also common) that draw water INTO your skin and give it that smooth, plump feel. Vaseline is not that. Vaseline is an occlusive, made to MOISTURIZE, aka keep the moisture in your skin from escaping, and it's damn good at what it does. Petroleum jelly is one of the most occlusive substances available to man, and keeps something like 94% of moisture in the skin as long as it's on.

So if you want to use this, you want to HYDRATE first before you put it on. Otherwise all you're doing is slapping a thick, heavy lid on some dry-ass skin. Vaseline can't keep moisture in your skin if it's not even there!

Anyway, end rant.

I know a lot of people are scared to use this on their face as it is VERY greasy, but trust me--I have the most sensitive, acne-prone skin ever due to a variety of health issues that make my skin very oily. I've had acne ever since I was 13, and am now 27 and still get moderate acne. I've gotten things a bit under control now through medication, but even before then, Vaseline did wonders to calm the inflammation of any existing acne and also just improve/brighten my overall skin tone. I never use this during the daytime, as I can't imagine trying to put foundation on top of this stuff, but I slather it on my face AFTER my hyaluronic acid serums, etc. (very important), and I wake up with baby soft, dewy skin, and any existing acne visibly calmed. When I asked my dermatologist how Vaseline could possibly be improving my acne, she told me that the moisture it keeps in the skin and the barrier it creates provides moist wound healing benefits. Look it up if you're curious! It's like when you cover a cut with Vaseline and it heals faster, because having moisture in the skin allows the skin to heal itself faster.

Every time I try to stop using this, my skin goes back to being red, irritated, dry, and my acne becomes much worse. Just because something is synthetic doesn't mean it doesn't work or it's poisonous, people!

on 12/8/2017 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Has been my eye maker remover for about 5 years now, I just use baby wipes to take off my face makeup and then vaseline on my eyes and brows to remove tough mascara and liner etc.
This stuff makes your eyebrows and lashes grow like crazy!!! I have the nicest long full lashes and i honestly need to pluck and tweeze my brows every couple of days. They grow like weeds.
I like to use this on my lips but I do want to try aquaphor since vaseline doesn’t seem to have lasting effects, but still makes your lips feel super soft. A big tub of this will last me about 1.5-2 years and costco has 2 big tubs, a medium and a mini for less than 20$!! I will forever repurchase this

Possibly the cheapest makeup remover on the market! Who knew vaseline could do such a good job at removing my waterproof liner? Of course, I still prefer aquaphor over this for skin problems, so I only use vaseline on my dry feet and makeup remover . It's still an amazing way to save money on makeup remover.

on 6/2/2017 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love it for my lips. I've repurchased it a number of times. I do also like Rosebud Salve for my lips (which is predominantly Petroleum jelly also) but it's more expensive than this.

After I brush my teeth, I apply a small layer of this on my lips. It seals in the moisture. It feels sticky but I don't mind. Especially during Winter if my lips are cracked, within a few days they are smooth again.

Recommend.

on 5/4/2017 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Repurchased multiple times for my tending towards dry, mature, combination skin. Myriad uses including moisture barrier for face, particularly windburn or chapped lips; makeup mixer medium and makeup remover; taming eyebrows; conditioning lashes; protecting hairline from boxed hair dye; moisturizing cuticles and dry elbows, knees, heels. Also bought Vaseline intensive care advanced repair lotion when I realized that many of my Paula's choice moisturizers (reasonably priced and reasonably functional) and Cerave Cream also contain petroleum or mineral oil. I prefer Vaseline intensive care lotion to Cerave lotion. Of course, if such ingredients don't work for you, you should avoid.

Note: i am prone to hives and milia. If I use this for lashes or to remove eye make up, I follow up with a cleanser; I have milia in that area and don't wish to leave heavy moisturizers there. My skin does not otherwise adversely react to this.

on 10/24/2016 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am sure this is listed under some other category as well, but it popped up so let me just add why I love Vaseline and will always have it on hand. ONE INGREDIENT. It has one ingredient. For those of us with sensitive skin, when it is freak out central or so flakey dry this is a simple, clean lifesaver. I know some are not a fan of petroleum jelly and that is fine. When my lips freaked out and were reacting to something (still don't know what), this was the only safe thing to use because it only has one ingredient to worry about irritation. When my son's uber dry flakey face was so dry he was almost raw, this is the one thing that wouldn't sting. Besides all of the million different ways to use this, I love this for its simplicity and not having to play the guessing game of "will this sting".

on 10/22/2016 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

No nonsense and basic product I've used for years. Everyone should own a pot of this. It's so inexpensive and lasts for ages. Keep a tin in my bag and a pot on my bed side table. Apply to lips, lashes and brows.

on 10/18/2016 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The thing I love most about Vaseline is that it is very versatile. I use it on my dry lips and pop some on my eyelashes with a clean mascara brush. I don't know if this works for everyone but it has made my eyelashes longer and thicker. Vaseline can be found in almost every store and is very inexpensive.

on 5/16/2016 2:56:00 PM

Saved my dehydrated skin. I've had dehydrated skin for about six months and tried countless moisturizers ranging from inexpensive creams to Estee Lauder. I even tried the OCM (which I still partly do, using avocado oil as a nighttime moisturizer which I love) but nothing worked. My skin was still dull and flaky. Enter Vaseline! I've had a tub for months and months but forgot about it and thus never used it until now. After one night of use, my skin was back to normal. Magic. I still use it once in a while when I feel a bit dry and it works sooo well.

on 4/4/2016 8:13:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Wonderful product.

I have recently started covering my eyes in it at night after I have applied moisturizer. I recently had hey fever and my eyes have been very sore and itchy, the results have been good. The skin around my eyes from rubbing them all day feels much better in the morning,