Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/24/2016 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am sure this is listed under some other category as well, but it popped up so let me just add why I love Vaseline and will always have it on hand. ONE INGREDIENT. It has one ingredient. For those of us with sensitive skin, when it is freak out central or so flakey dry this is a simple, clean lifesaver. I know some are not a fan of petroleum jelly and that is fine. But when my lips freaked out and were reacting to something...still don't know what. This was the only safe thing to use because it only has one ingredient to worry about irritation. When my son's uber dry flakey face was so dry he was almost raw, this is the one thing that wouldn't sting. Besides all of the million different ways to use this, I love this for its simplicity and not having to play the guessing game of "will this sting".

on 10/22/2016 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

No nonsense and basic product I've used for years. Everyone should own a pot of this. It's so inexpensive and lasts for ages. Keep a tin in my bag and a pot on my bed side table. Apply to lips, lashes and brows.

To Read all 154 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/18/2016 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The thing I love most about Vaseline is that it is very versatile. I use it on my dry lips and pop some on my eyelashes with a clean mascara brush. I don't know if this works for everyone but it has made my eyelashes longer and thicker. Vaseline can be found in almost every store and is very inexpensive.

on 5/16/2016 2:56:00 PM

Saved my dehydrated skin. I've had dehydrated skin for about six months and tried countless moisturizers ranging from inexpensive creams to Estee Lauder. I even tried the OCM (which I still partly do, using avocado oil as a nighttime moisturizer which I love) but nothing worked. My skin was still dull and flaky. Enter Vaseline! I've had a tub for months and months but forgot about it and thus never used it until now. After one night of use, my skin was back to normal. Magic. I still use it once in a while when I feel a bit dry and it works sooo well.

on 4/4/2016 8:13:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Wonderful product.

I have recently started covering my eyes in it at night after I have applied moisturizer. I recently had hey fever and my eyes have been very sore and itchy, the results have been good. The skin around my eyes from rubbing them all day feels much better in the morning,

on 2/27/2016 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

It's vaseline.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I saw in other reviews and tips, it can help grow your eyelash thicker and longer, but it didnt happen to me :( maybe I was fooled haha :'(
I dont know what to do now with this, so I gave it to my sister, and she said, she like this product ;/ hmm

Pretty much an iconic product. Mega cheap and extremely versatile. I use this everyday and it makes my lips soft. Scrub your lips with a toothbrush, flannel or a lip scrub (lip scrubs are a bit of a rip off compared to a toothbrush or flannel which can be used over and over again whereas a lip scrub will run out eventually) then apply Vaseline over it to make your lips super soft. I do this everyday because my lips get dry easily if I don't do it. All in all, a classic that should be in every bag/bathroom!

on 8/24/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

How I love Vaseline - I remember Mum having a huge tub of it around the house when I was a kid and it was then I first learnt how fantastic it is as a lip balm. I've always used it at night to soften my lips and around my eye area with excellent results.

Recently, I started reading more and more about people using Vaseline at night as a mask or even every night as a moisturiser. I was never brave enough to try it and assumed I'd just break out from all that grease. After a recent run in with a Clinque moisturiser which left my face red and dry, nothing was restoring moisture even after layer upon layer of Dermaveen and Aveeno moisturisers. In desperation, I bit the bullet decided to try Vaseline. I warmed a pea sized amount between my finger tips and patted it on over my moisturiser at night. Well, colour me surprised because it worked! The next day I woke to baby soft skin with no hint of a break out. Although my skin hadn't complete recovered, it was a lot better!

For the last few nights, I've been using Vaseline at nights and it's just amazing. I just splash my face with water in the mornings (I don't use cleanser) and pat dry with a towel before putting on my normal moisturiser and sunscreen. My skin has a glow to it and looks very dewy and soft. I'll update if I start to break out but so far the results have been amazing.

Just give it a go - at the very least, try it as a night face mask once a week. I know when you see the consistency it seems like you'll end up a greasy mess but it's kind of magical.

on 6/16/2015 12:21:00 PM

I LOVE Vaseline! It's not just perfect for cracked lips either. I use it over my moisturiser to seal in moisture if I have particularly bad dry patches. I also use it to remove my eye make-up (it does an amazing job). Best of all, it's cheap! Couldn't be without it :)