Lancome Le Crayon Poudre in Sable

Lancome Le Crayon Poudre in Sable

4.3

on 5/29/2017 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this pencil due to it has so many positive reviews. I do not like the formula nor the consistency. I do not like the reddish unnatural color. I used it just 2 times and tossed it away. I wasted my money, so disappointed.

on 3/22/2014 1:29:00 AM

This is my favorite brow pencil. I'm finding that as I get older my brows are thinning and this pencil really makes a difference and lasts all day.

on 3/28/2010 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this pencil. I love the natural effect it gives my brows with a little dramaticness without looking drag. I love the brow brush at the other end. It takes no time in grooming and filling in my brows with this pencil. The effect last all day without me having to do a do over. It is a dark brown and looks so pretty, its not heavy in color, you can control that by layering it, but I like it the way it is on my face. Will buy again.

on 3/22/2010 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ugh, this e/b pencil was soooo disappointing. First of all, NO eyebrow pencil should be this soft..and yet so many of them are. This is exactly how perfectly gorgeous women are walking around all over the place with Marx-es brows. Sooo very unnatural looking. I guess it's because of the "powder" formulation, but it's just not working. Even the lightest of hands can't make this pencil look natural. Also, the color...ugh! First I got taupe, waaaaay too blondeish green. Then I exchanged for sable, hoping that an awesome color match might make up for the horrible texture....WRONG!! Sable is for brunettes, but it most definitely has a reddish undertone once it is applied. I can see the difference between my natural brow hairs and the pencil, which is what I DONT want. The packaging is nice, although the spoolie is almost painful. Staying power, eh. I will return to Shu's pencil...I just discovered that the Stone Gray is actually even better for me than Seal Brown. Now THAT's an HG brow pencil, and I'm someone who knows alot about brow products (cause I've been perfecting mine forever and I've tried everything.) Don't waste your money on this.

on 3/25/2011 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my one and only brow pencil because it is perfect for dark brown hair and fair skin. The ladies behind the Lancome counter ALL use it and said that it is one of the most popular colors for dark hair. It looks totally natural and blends in completely. It is also easy to wash off.

This product has officially become one of my makeup staples. I am oriental Asian, so the dark brown color of the pencil is perfect and natural-looking against my skin. Not only is the color perfect but it is nice to have a brow brush at the other end as well, I keep this one in reach everyday!

on 3/22/2010 10:24:00 AM

This is the best match I have ever found-I have very dark brown brows. Because of its dark color, you really have to be sure to apply with a featherlight touch, otherwise you will get the dreaded Decal Brow! I like to use a matched powder on the inner corners, and this pencil for the arch and tail ends, then blend/smudge a bit-I've been told by people I trust to be honest that it is very natural looking. I absolutely love this pencil-other browns I have tried do not have the staying power, and have too much red in them-this is just a rich brown-it is easy to vary the darkness of the shade by the firmness of your touch in application-go more gently for a lighter brown. The price is rather high, but this lasts me for months, and I use it every day. I haven't had any problem with it crumbling when sharpened unless I need a new pencil sharpener. Definetly one of my must-have products!

on 1/24/2010 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm Asian with black hair...I have thicker brows, although the hairs themselves aren't that thick so my brows tend to look a bit sparse. I've tried different brow products that are targeted for darker hair (like Anastacia brow powder), but the stuff meant for black hair is always too dark on me. I actually prefer using browns to grays and I found that I need to go more than 3 shades lighter than my hair color for my brows to still look natural. This is a great color. It seems really light, but still looks natural on me when I wear it. The crayon is nice and smooth...if you have a light hand, it's easy to fill in the brows and have them look rather natural. It's also nice that it comes with a spooly. I do admit I'm not a fan of having to sharpen the thing and the caps don't like to stay put, but the product itself is really great.

on 2/22/2010 10:37:00 AM

I had to re-do this review because I had to return this pencil. First this color is TOO dark unless you have dark brown hair this color will not work on you. I thought it was the perfect brown but it is very dark. It's one of those things you have to try ( good thing Sephora has a great exchange policy ) for at leasts few days to know if the color works or not. Oh well this can happen so I was still very excited to use this pencil but in it's right color. This pencil is so luxurious ! So smooth going on, unlike anything I have ever tried. So I used it one last time ( I liked it so much I still tried to make it work despite it's color ) I went to give it a quick sharpen and TRAGEDY ! I sharpened the pencil and I lost almost HALF of it !! It crumbles !!!.. with every turn of the sharpener my heart would break.. I know it sounds dramatic but when you paid $ 25.00 for a pencil this is heartbreaking !
I went to Sephora and the Sales Rep did acknowledge that due to it's consistency they do tend to break :-( I asked to see a Taupe one anyways and as I went to swatch it.. IT BROKE ! My dream of using this eyebrow pencil was over... I went with the Laura Mercier and I am happy so far.. SO be warned ! If you get this pencil invest in a GOOD sharpener.. !!

on 3/1/2010 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i've used so many eyebrow pencils/powders throughout my life. revlon, nyc, cover girl, etc... you name it (besides high end brands). this pencil is awesome. i have black eyebrows and this pencil (sable/dark brown) matches perfectly. this is coming from a woman who used to swear by black eyebrow pencils. i use a light hand whenever i apply this because it goes on pretty opaque easily. you would think that because of this, it would smear, right? wrong! even having incredibly oily skin, the product stays put. it comes with a wand (on the other end of the stick) that just blends the pencil amazingly (i used to use eyebrow sponge applicators; the little stick things). it took me a little bit to get used to, but i swear by it. its expensive ($24) but i will never use anything else ever again. its so worth it.

Popular Brows Products