Clinique Different Lipstick - Bronze Leaf

No Image

4.5

It is a gorgeous color, but probably just not for me. I don't think it looks very bronze-y, when applied thinly it's more of a sheer copper. However, with lip primer, you can definitely see a more solid bronze. I won't be repurchasing because I don't reach for this one often, and I have other lipsticks clamoring for my attention. However, Clinique does make great lipsticks.

on 8/29/2006 12:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is almost the perfect color for my warm skin and light brown hair. It looks like a shimmery brown in the tube but on me it comes out this muted red-orange and is SUPER flattering. I can put it on over lip balm to make it sheer or for a more dramatic/sophisticated look i apply directly to the lips. It's not the most versatile lipstick because i can't really wear it with cool colored clothing, but it really finishes off my look perfectly on the days when i wear neutrals or warm colors.

Won't buy again because I own over 100 lipsticks, but, this is nice. A cross between creamy and glossy without being greasy. It's semi-sheer, and more coppery than bronzey. Staying power isnt that great but for the texture, that is to be expected. Good for warmer tones, and redheads.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was my very first department store makeup purchase, so it will always hold a place in my heart. And a number of years later, I'm still fond of the color and it still works well on me. It has a very nice warming quality, and lasts quite well too.

on 4/27/2004 7:46:00 AM

Great colour almost like my old Clinique lippy in golden brandy, smooth n lightweight. I love this color because it is reddish to peach brown so it add some healthy glow to my PPP face. Has good staying power, but if you want it to stay more just apply, dust with powder n re-apply. Looks natural too. Not too expensive not too cheap, just reasonable price. This lippy didn't give you sexy looks only fresh n natural looks. Great for daily/holiday lippy. Works for all skin colour so didn't have to carry different lippy to the beach.

Definitely more orangey/brick color than bronze. Caught me by surprise, and it's not very flatering on my pale skin (maybe for night only, but I haven't tried). I got this as a gwp, so I don't know about the price, but I won't repurchase. It does last longer than a regular wear l/s.

on 11/4/2003 9:05:00 PM

I normally wear nudes and pinks, and I recieved this for my bday. At first when I put this on I was shocked, it looked orange on me. But as I got use to wearing this "Bold" color, I came to love it! This looks great paired with Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds Liquid Sparkling Sand Lipgloss!

on 8/29/2003 4:59:00 PM

I really love this lipstick. Received another color in a GWP and just had to go buy the Bronze Leaf. Wonderful moist texture, lasts for several hours and always goes on smoothly. I cannot wait to try more colors. I have been wearing MAC and Bobbi Brown for the last few years, but I'm ready for something new and I think I have found it!

on 9/8/2003 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

My first lipstick that I didnt have to blot lighter or mix.

Fabulous for all types i think. Bronzey color, shimmers and sparkles. GREAT color. A must have.

on 1/28/2004 12:09:00 PM

very pretty lip color...like a deep rose with a light gold shimmer. nice price, and good staying power. i wouldn't usually wear this color (i prefer more peach-pinks) but i'm still giving it a 5 b/c it's gorgeous and would work well with many people.