MAC All Lipsticks

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I actually don't physically own any but I have used it. The ruby woo shade is the best red ever and I think $17 is a bargain for it. I right now am pinning over literally 8 shades

on 12/27/2015 10:42:00 AM

I love these lipsticks. There are so many shades it can be very hard when going into a mac store just to buy one. there are also so many different finishes, the only one i don't like is the matte finish as it really dries out my lips but also the matte one I have (tropic tonic) is not my favourite and I haven't really had a chance to wear it yet as it is very bright and summery.
My favourite finish is probably satin as they are quite matte but not really dry and they have some many colours to choose from. I also love lustre, amplified and cremesheen as they are all really nice to put on.
All the lipsticks are really pigmented and last for ages (depending on how much you use and how often) and they also smell really nice.
I brought my first mac lipstick about 3 years ago and now own 10. The ones I own are: Faux (Satin), Twig (Satin), Up the Amp (Amplified), Snob (Satin), Speed Dial (Cremesheen), Lickable (Cremesheen), Viva Glam 2 (Satin), Tropic Tonic (Matte), Cockney (Lustre). Amorous (Satin)

They are defiantly worth the price and i love all the ones i own and i will adding more to my collection.

However if are buying online I would make sure you look at lots of swatch samples and videos of the colour you like as they can look very different depending on the person skin tone and lighting which also can be the same in real life as my and my friend both have faux and its a lot more of a lighter pink on her then it is on me so I prefer to try them before I buy them.

To Read all 185 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/20/2015 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Okay so let me start off by saying that I live in Australia and the selling price for a MAC lipstick here is $36. I wasn't quick to shop with MAC purely because as a student I didn't want to make the price leap from cheaper options. Over a year ago I finally went out and got one and have never gone back. Will I also buy cheaper ones? yes. Will I buy a MAC lipstick every chance I get? also yes.
The formula is perfect, I love the duration and pigmentation of the amplified lipsticks. The matte lipsticks are drying but so gorgeous. The creamsheen ones are so moisturising and pretty. The only type I didn't like much was the frosted ones, I know they're supposed to be sheer but it's really not worth that much money to me.

on 10/17/2015 8:26:00 AM

Favourite formula of lipsticks! I own 4 satin lipsticks (rebel, Angel, brave & captive). These lipsticks retail for $36 in Australia and are expensive for one lipstick with 3g whereas most lipsticks have 4g I will pay more for lipsticks that I love. The formula is creamy and glides onto the lips. They last for a few hours until you have to reapply but are comfortable to wear after a few hours. I would repurchase my hg lipsticks from Mac but if I found a cheaper dupe I would much rather purchase that.

I like alot of these MAC lipsticks except some of the formulas in which I think are a waste of 16.00 and those are the lustres and some of the cremesheens the lustres require too much rubbing to get color except a few like cockney and touch the others are too sheer and the creemsheens are nice but alot of them bend and get cut by the tube the only cremesheens that dont do that are creme cup and creme d nude the rest are always cutting into the tube I returned all the cremesheens I had Im not paying for lipstick that ruins and ive noticed the brown colored mattes cut into the tube too velvet teddy and taupe I returned those as well although I liked taupe alot. The best formula is frost because it lasts long and doesn't rub down quick like all the other formulas. Next is satins I like the texture and they wear good like a matte and I like the mattes but they rub down quickly I only used my flat out fabulous 3 times and its at half a tube already. That is a complaint I have with MAC lipsticks in general they rub down quickly compared to other brands. I had a lancome lipstick that I used for over a year and its at half so idk why MAC lipsticks dont last but 5 to 6 months with regular use but a typical lipstick would last longer I know there's alot of lipstick in the bottom of the tube but im not one to depot and use it I throw it away I dont like lip brushes I like my lipsticks in the tube.

on 8/20/2013 10:18:00 PM

First of all let me say I love my MAC lipsticks, but not for the reasons you may think. When I buy a MAC lipstick I feel chic, pretty and cool all at the same time. It's not the quality or the diverse color collection that has me at the MAC counter. For me is the feeling of being girly that I buy. Would I buy a MAC lipstick if there is a perfect dupe for it? Heck no! I like to save money when I can, so I can buy the special collection makeup from MAC when they come out.

I have a very good amount of Mac lipsticks. The majority of my lipsticks are matte and amplified. However, I do own a few cream sheen, and satin lipsticks.

The pigmentation on Amplified and Matte lipsticks is amazing. The Amplified lipsticks have a cream finish with medium to full pigmentation. The Matte lipsticks are--matte with FULL-on pigmentation! These two are my top 2 favorites because of the rich & saturated pigmentation. The only caveat, you must make sure your lips are exfoliated because if not, it will draw attention to the funky, bits on your lips...lol!

The cream sheen lipsticks are my 3rd favorite. As the name suggests, they have a cream sheen finish. They pack medium pigmentation and loads of hydration for your lovely lips. They feel amazing on the lips; soft & supple :).

Thus far, I am very satisfied with all of my lipsticks. Quite honestly, they are my favorite brand of lipsticks.

As of now, the satin lipsticks I only purchase in dark shades. They are semi-matte with, I would say, medium to full pigmentation; depending on the color you select. And, in my opinion, feel similar to the cream sheen lipsticks.

on 6/3/2013 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I own around 10 lipsticks now-all of whom have a special place. I am very lazy when it comes to makeup. I pay more so I can do less-meaning you won't see me doing constant retouches during the day as I cannot be bothered!!
Mac lipstick helps me with this as most are so pigmented that during a working day I may reapply twice.
What is great about Mac lipsticks are the in depth colour range, finish variations and (overall) longevity on the lips.
Lustre finishes are great subs for lip gloss: touch being my fav nude (C7/NC50 skin)
Satins are my ultimate Mac finish as they are glossy Mattes that last and last: Rebel is my everything. Verve is my fav nude (C7/NC50)
Mattes: last and last and last on the lips. LE Heroine and the HG Ruby Woo belong to this family. My fav nude is Taupe (C7/NC50)
Frost: retro 90s looking lipstick if I'm honest, but some shades are more subtle like HG Angel and Costa Chic<< on my to try list.
Glaze: slicker than lustres but relevant. Yet to own. Not sure if I will ever.

Even if the £14 price tag seems unreasonable, I suggest to try out at least one shade from *each finish as I guaran

on 4/22/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Diss on MAC all you want, but you can't deny that they have something for everyone. They have different lipstick finishes and shades so there should be something there for you. I admire MAC lipsticks since I feel like they were one of the first companies to offer nude/light shades of lipsticks. Other brands often discontinue nude shades or use a undesirable finish therefore they don't cater to all their customers. I dislike the lustre finish though, it has no lasting power at all. I will repurchase.