3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 days ago

So many finishes and colors to choose from. I like the Satin finish - as the matte is very dry on me. They even have pearl finishes. Neutrals, reds, pinks, purples and blue, too. Most are $19 - $20 retail circa 2020.

About reviewer (2453 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

11 days ago

The beauty of MAC lipsticks is undeniable. From the classic nudes to the bountiful reds, from the blazing pinks to the searing oranges, from the lovely lavenders to the sweet salmons, from the powerful purples to the beautiful corals, from the outstanding burgundies to the impactful browns, from the pastel light shades to the deep rich shades, there is a color and a shade to fit every taste, mood and personality which beauty rivals the best of lipstick of all time and the best of makeup ever created overarchingly. The pure quality of these lipsticks hug the lips with amazing ingredients as it glides on with stunning pigmentation that amplifies your look. With a variety of finishes, you get to choose what level of intensity you want and what look you are going for and you get to indulge in some of the most unique, incomparable finishes. MAC lipsticks provide an entire luxurious experience from beginning to end, from the stunning packaging to the glorious application, from the fantastic feeling on the lips to the vibe it creates and from the glowing finished look to the comfortable, long-lasting wear. Photographic perfection, these lipsticks make the lips look like plush cushions. The beauty, unquantifiable, impacts the senses with delight. Each lipstick with its own character, vibrancy and stand-out quality; each lipstick having its own greatness in and of itself; each lipstick creating its own waves, standing alone powerfully in its own essence, in an endless sea of majesty. Is Taupe not its own giant, independent of, and even in the midst of, giants like Velvet Teddy or Ruby Woo? Is Viva Glam II not its own powerhouse next to classics like Honeylove or Blankety? Will Impassioned not stand tall even in the height of Candy Yum Yum or Relentlessly Red? Is the ever-loved Girl About Town no match for the beloved Flat Out Fabulous? The showstopping Morange for the well-known Lady Danger? MAC lipsticks are a truly outstanding product. These unique lipstick creations importantly exist separately, absolutely beautiful in their own right, no need to compare, as each holds it own.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Medium

8 months ago

Oh mac lipstick. How many bullets do I own. I can’t even count. More of any other brand that’s for damn sure. My one and only gripe is that I have SO many, and so few are either special edition packaging or viva glam or mini MAC’s that the writing is so small and/or partially worn off that i usually have to open them to see what I need. Idk if I’ve ever repurchased one because I literally own hundreds. And I’ll keep on buyin’ as long and they makin’. Last collection I bought was the summer 19 vault and I love every single shade. Can’t ever get enough. There’s a finish, shade, texture for everybody. From nearly black to like nc5 colored I wear em all. Vanilla flavored. I like to wear liner and prep + prime lip (allow to set this for a minute til tacky) with my lipsticks. I guess it’s safe to say MAC is my favorite lipstick brand haaaaaa.

About reviewer (389 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

I have at least five of these lipsticks (including the limited edition red collaboration with Sia), and considering I have dozens of other lipsticks from different brands, I have to conclude that I don't get it... Formula is pretty standard for a lipstick (I even think Maybelline lipsticks throw these out of the water), but the component is pretty solid and I guess you're paying for the name too... $17 a piece! I think they could go more vivacious with the packaging considering the price... A little more like, little crystal containers or something boogie! These lipsticks look like tiny vibrators haha.

About reviewer (399 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Relaxed, Coarse

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I actually don't physically own any but I have used it. The ruby woo shade is the best red ever and I think $17 is a bargain for it. I right now am pinning over literally 8 shades

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I love these lipsticks. There are so many shades it can be very hard when going into a mac store just to buy one. there are also so many different finishes, the only one i don't like is the matte finish as it really dries out my lips but also the matte one I have (tropic tonic) is not my favourite and I haven't really had a chance to wear it yet as it is very bright and summery. My favourite finish is probably satin as they are quite matte but not really dry and they have some many colours to choose from. I also love lustre, amplified and cremesheen as they are all really nice to put on. All the lipsticks are really pigmented and last for ages (depending on how much you use and how often) and they also smell really nice. I brought my first mac lipstick about 3 years ago and now own 10. The ones I own are: Faux (Satin), Twig (Satin), Up the Amp (Amplified), Snob (Satin), Speed Dial (Cremesheen), Lickable (Cremesheen), Viva Glam 2 (Satin), Tropic Tonic (Matte), Cockney (Lustre). Amorous (Satin) They are defiantly worth the price and i love all the ones i own and i will adding more to my collection. However if are buying online I would make sure you look at lots of swatch samples and videos of the colour you like as they can look very different depending on the person skin tone and lighting which also can be the same in real life as my and my friend both have faux and its a lot more of a lighter pink on her then it is on me so I prefer to try them before I buy them.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

4 years ago

Okay so let me start off by saying that I live in Australia and the selling price for a MAC lipstick here is $36. I wasn't quick to shop with MAC purely because as a student I didn't want to make the price leap from cheaper options. Over a year ago I finally went out and got one and have never gone back. Will I also buy cheaper ones? yes. Will I buy a MAC lipstick every chance I get? also yes. The formula is perfect, I love the duration and pigmentation of the amplified lipsticks. The matte lipsticks are drying but so gorgeous. The creamsheen ones are so moisturising and pretty. The only type I didn't like much was the frosted ones, I know they're supposed to be sheer but it's really not worth that much money to me.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

4 years ago

Favourite formula of lipsticks! I own 4 satin lipsticks (rebel, Angel, brave & captive). These lipsticks retail for $36 in Australia and are expensive for one lipstick with 3g whereas most lipsticks have 4g I will pay more for lipsticks that I love. The formula is creamy and glides onto the lips. They last for a few hours until you have to reapply but are comfortable to wear after a few hours. I would repurchase my hg lipsticks from Mac but if I found a cheaper dupe I would much rather purchase that.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

6 years ago

I like alot of these MAC lipsticks except some of the formulas in which I think are a waste of 16.00 and those are the lustres and some of the cremesheens the lustres require too much rubbing to get color except a few like cockney and touch the others are too sheer and the creemsheens are nice but alot of them bend and get cut by the tube the only cremesheens that dont do that are creme cup and creme d nude the rest are always cutting into the tube I returned all the cremesheens I had Im not paying for lipstick that ruins and ive noticed the brown colored mattes cut into the tube too velvet teddy and taupe I returned those as well although I liked taupe alot. The best formula is frost because it lasts long and doesn't rub down quick like all the other formulas. Next is satins I like the texture and they wear good like a matte and I like the mattes but they rub down quickly I only used my flat out fabulous 3 times and its at half a tube already. That is a complaint I have with MAC lipsticks in general they rub down quickly compared to other brands. I had a lancome lipstick that I used for over a year and its at half so idk why MAC lipsticks dont last but 5 to 6 months with regular use but a typical lipstick would last longer I know there's alot of lipstick in the bottom of the tube but im not one to depot and use it I throw it away I dont like lip brushes I like my lipsticks in the tube.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

7 years ago

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium