Nivea Anti-Shadow Eye Creme

Nivea Anti-Shadow Eye Creme

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (water), Glycerin, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Octyldodecanol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Distrach Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cucumis Sativus, Panax Ginseng, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Alumina Propylene Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Silica, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydratoin.

on 9/29/2009 3:10:00 PM

This is a prod for young girls around 20 with no wrinkles and just bags..It is light, absorbs quickly, and moisturizes the eye area. It is a good base for eye makeup and concealer stays smooth and doesn't crease. The price is pretty cheap but i dont like the jar,i would prefere a tub or something more hygienic.
i gived only 4lipies coz is promising to treat dark circles but is not..
I use this prod for summer time when i keep this in fridge and apply it on eye lids and under eye for refreshing effect.When i was on buget this was my favorit for eye lids and the Q10 for under eye areea.Nivea is having lot of basic moisturisers ,very safe with no iritations and cheep.

Ok, I used this for aboit 6 weeks, felt that its light, smells nice and moisturises well. BUT it causes milla for me. URGH....

on 1/25/2009 12:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I actually like this eye cream, I bought it because it was on sale for 7 bucks, which is nothing for an eye cream. It moisturizes, it doesn't really have much of a scent, and it doesn't burn the hell out of my eyes like so many other eye creams do. I am not sure if it is actually doing anything about my dark circles, but it makes my eye area feel nice. The few problems I have with the product are; if I put it on in the morning my eyes actually get too slick and greasy (this has never been a problem before) and so I can only use this at night. Also the jar although very cute is not as hygienic as a pump would be and I would some sort of packaging that keeps any anti-oxidants stable for as long as possible. But overall this is a nice cream and I will likely repurchase although I am still hunting for that perfect eye cream.

on 10/2/2008 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this eye cream, although I don't remember seeing that it claims to reduce undereye shadows! I had no idea.

Anyway, I've been using this for about a year (yes, it's lasted me this long.) I only use it on the mornings that my eyes feel especially tired and droopy.

It's a nice cream - absorbs quickly, it's light, there is NO fragrance and makeup sits on it nicely. BUT, I was hoping it would have more of a cooling effect... maybe I will start keeping it in the fridge! That would feel good in the mornings! :)

Overall, a nice eye cream.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ok, firstly, I have tried many eye creams over the years (HE and LE) and have come to the conclusion that the only effective treatment for dark circles is 1) drink plenty of water and 2) get enough sleep. The only cosmetic product that has made any difference has been concealer.

So with that in mind, I didn't buy this to treat dark circles but as a basic, light eye cream and it's met my needs well. Lovely light texture, moisturises effectively, absorbs rapidly. I've been using this am and pm for about 10 days and so far no noticeable improvement in dark circles at all. However - no irritation, it's light enough not to cause any puffiness when used overnight, and mu sits well on it during the day. It's a good, basic and light-textured eye cream. IMO it certainly won't do you any harm, but it won't work miracles either.

I'd buy this again, but not for treating dark circles. For that, water and early nights!

on 10/24/2007 5:39:00 PM

I was planning on buying something more expensive, and I was looking for a nice, moisturising eye cream that would reduce dark circles. I couldn't find one that suited me amongst the more expensive brands, so I thought 'what the hell', and bought this, as I liked the feel it gave my skin after trying it on. I like it a lot now, it feels cooling and moisturising, glides on easily although it could have been a bit more gel-like. I do believe that it reduces my dark circles as well. Might repurchase, I'll probably go back to thinking that something more expensive might be better :P

Edit: Gave me a sore in the corner of my eye, be careful when applying!

on 7/17/2007 10:44:00 PM

I'm not expecting very much or a miracle product for $10. I have been using this for 2 weeks, off and on... mostly at night. I was looking for a nice light moisturizer for my eye area. This does a decent job. Absorbs quickly and leaves my under eyes plump and hydrated. Also contains, magnesium and ginseng. Probably not a high concentration, but hey! so long as they're there right? Thumbs up! =D

i have been using this for 1 mth+ now. this is a good product for hydrating eye area n surprisingly, my dark circles seem to have diminished a little too. i put this in the fridge for a more cooling sensation.

btw, this moisturises eyelashes well too. daily application of mascara dried out my eyelashes n they kept dropping. so i rub a little of this onto my lashes everyday n now they're softer n more moisturised! they seem to have grown longer too! (or is it my imagination?) oh well (:

edit: minus off a lippie. my undereye areas dont sweat much. however, whenever i apply this eyecream, my undereye areas actually sweat when i perspire. leaves behind a dewy look under my eyes which im not exactly fond of.

on 5/31/2007 4:19:00 AM

Disclaimer: I have genetic dark circles under my eyes. I am under no pretension that this, or any other product claiming to banish the dreaded shadows, is actually going to do what the packaging says. Is that going to keep me from trying to get rid of them through skincare purchases? Sadly for my bank balance's sake, probably not.

Having said all that, this is a fine eye cream for slight dryness and puffiness. It's non-fragranced and non-irritating. You only need a small amount, and it does leave your skin looking and feeling refreshed. It doesn't do anything to diminish genetic dark circles. Neither do any creams, no matter what the price tag. So while it is a bit naff that Nivea are selling this as a shadow treatment, it is a nice cheap eye product (around $14AUD), just don't expect miracles.

I've been using this for the last five months and am still only about halfway through the 15mL jar (glass which is annoying for the clumsy amongst us: my first purchase of this actually smashed when I tried to remove it from the box that the jar base had been adhered to). I'll continue using it at night until it's finished and then move onto something else like I always do!

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other

I have pretty horrible dark circles and they do get worse with lack of sleep. I have tried many eye creams (including high end expensive ones claimed to be especially formulated for dark circles) and will continue to, but so far, I found myself repurchasing Nivea Eye Creme. I remembered when I use it for the first time, I CAN NOTICE a slight brightening to my dark circles!! This is quite surprising consider that I dont expect ANY eye creams to do anything to my dark circles. Not to mention, none of the concealers can cover up my dark circles completely. The result on this eye cream does wear off a little bit, but I think it definitely helps in the long run. I have used up my second one already and will be buying the third one. The texture is very smooth and non-sticky, no scent and I will repurchase consider the price is relatively cheap to other ones.