Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.7

on 10/15/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had been using this cleanser for a little over a year and I never realized that it was a cause for my acne until I looked at the ingredients. I purchased this item in the beginning because it seemed like a gentle cleanser and it got all round good reviews but when I used it, I would notice it would harshly strip my skin of all its oils and leave me surprisingly dry and the moisturizers I would put on wasn't enough to compensate for the oil that was stripped away. One random day, I found a website called CosDNA (which I really recommend) and checked the ingredients of this product and found that it had parabens, fragrance, and worst of all sulfates. After I saw that, I immediately dumped this cleanser because my acne is linked to oil production and when I used this 'gentle cleanser' my face would be extremely dry and as a result my skin would overproduce oils which caused worse acne. So overall, it was harsh for me despite having oily skin and I would recommend cleansers that don't have sulfates.

on 2/21/2015 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Nice cleanser, good price, doesn't dry up skin. I just think is as good as many others. My husband loves it!

on 1/3/2015 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This stuff is the absolute best. I always come right back to it. You get a lot of product for your money!!! And it works a gem ;)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

It cleans your face and gives a nice refreshing finish.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wanted to like this. No, I wanted to LOVE this but it didn't work out that way. I heard great news about this product. I did my research and all that jazz. Once I used this though, it was Murder She Wrote. It does NOT even help remove makeup, it takes forever to rinse off easily, and oh god, it burns! Like, is it supposed to do that? I don't think so. The results? Whitehead pimples galore and a slew of hyper-pigmentation marks. I thought this stuff was supposed to be gentle? My poor skin isn't even that sensitive and now it's traumatized. Anyway, no I will not repurchase. Just, no.

on 12/6/2012 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

first of all, my skin is usually break-out free and I was lucky enough to bypass that whole teenage acne phase. but after 4 years of being in tropical weather and then coming back to the harsh Chicago cold, my skin started freaking out! i got a pimple every single day for weeks! And i started buying everything to counteract it. I tried clinique, salicylic acid, aveeno, likas soap, clean and clear and even tried making that ACV toner. It just made it 10 times worse. I figured less is more and then stopped everything and started just cetaphil twice a day and using the Clinique DDMG. Thank god! my skin went back to normal and it doesn't have that dry feeling. I was told to use the cetaphil moisturizer but that just leaves a greasy feeling on my face so i figured this was the best combination.

Honestly if you have sensitive skin that only has occasional breakouts, i would not start things like BP or salicylic acids. Because from experience, once you start them you have to keep continuing them because if you stop your skin will break out like crazy again. So just make sure you find a good combination of cleanser + moisturizer (it'll probably change from winter to summer) and stick with it. Like i said less is more.

on 11/26/2012 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

I have begun using this cleanser on my face in-between my stronger products for breakouts, to give my skin a break. I think it is a great gentle cleanser to use for that purpose. Or for someone with very sensitive skin. It doesn't lather much, which makes it less drying to the skin. I have noticed a smoother texture to my skin and best of all no breakouts! The soap is very mild, so I wouldn't recommend using it to remove makeup or expect a deep-clean from it. It's also slippery feeling so I have to watch how much I've pumped out & lathered. I think its wonderful to use in the winter because it is so much less drying, and its perfect for people who constantly use salicylic acid treatments (too much of it causes breakouts. how ironic).

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I used to use it like a normal Cleanser.. just make my face wet and take a pump and put it in my face, and i gave me a breakout (like 3 pimples i usally get like 1 in two months or so) And dry skin
Then i tried using it different by making my face wet and take a pump AND rub it between my fingers, this helps better FOR ME.
Makes me feel fresh faced. I would not buy it again because it does to less things for $ 9.99

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I really like the fragrance to this cleanser, I think it smells very clean. Its not a miracle cleanser, but it does a good job on oily skin. It cleanses well and its very gentle on the skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

My HG cleanser in the Fall / Winter months. I am on topical acne meds for my face and during the dryer, colder months, Cetaphil Normal to Oily skin cleanser harmonizes beautifully with both meds my Dermatologist has me on. (Now, this stuff is totally ineffective for me in the spring /summer months, however, when my oil glands are in overdrive. During hotter months, I switch to my HG spring / summer cleanser with the salycilc acid (the active ingredient in Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash). However, during the Fall / Winter months, there is nothing else that I have found that works quite as well as this stuff with my topical acne meds. It's gentle when I need it most, which is during the fall / winter months. Oh, and I also clean the brushes I use for my mineral makeup with this product...