Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.3

on 10/20/2003 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Packaging is ugly but it works. It's very gentle and doesn't strip away moisture. Works ok at removing makeup and leaves skin soft. Have been using it a few years and love it.

on 7/25/2004 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

A nice skin cleanser. A clear liquid that works great to remove excess facial oil and makeup without overdrying. It doesn't lather much though. Also I wish it was fragance free. It has a 70's type flowery scent that is really unnecessary. I do like the pump bottle. Other than that, its worth a try.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had always heard good things about Cetaphil, how gentle it is etc. so I decided to try it a while back but since my skin is oily I thought it would be logical to use the product specified for such skin. Like a lot of products out there, this overdried my skin to no end. It's amazing to me that companies don't seem to get it yet: If you overdry oily skin, it just gets oiler. Afterall, all skin types need moisture. On top of that, it left a film. I can't say I ever tried the original brand for dry skin, but maybe I would have gotten better results? Nay on this one, definitely.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

UPDATED REVIEW: My skin hates this s**t so much that I'm actually mad I even thought about using it again. Every single time I've used it my skin looks ok right after but then about a few hours later I am all red and my skin looks inflammated! WTF? I still can't understand why....I thought this was gentle and highly recommended by dermatologists!!! I've never had this reaction from my other gel cleanser - Neutrogena acne wash - or anything else. I just cannot believe how red and inflammated my face looks! And the smell...uggh the smell.
I will never repurchase. NEVER EVER EVER.

on 9/20/2008 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I reviewed this under my old username and I hated it. It was a while back, so I said to myself...why not, let me try it again. I'm always trying new cleansers to incorporate in my skincare routine and the search for a gentle, yet effective cleanser that will prevent breakouts and rinse off the craploads of makeup I have to wear for work seems to be damn near impossible. The one I've used for years, Neutrogena acne wash is HG but I'm looking for something "more gentle" since the neutrogena has salicylic acid. The board members seem to love this so once again, I went and got it.
I actually looooove the way my skin feels right after I cleanse with this. I do have to use gentle makeup wipes to remove makeup first and then use this. I also love the fragance in this.
But of course, after using this a couple of times it became clear why I didn't stick with it. I'd say after like 5-10 minutes, my skin was a dry, flaky hot mess. I mean...white flakes ALL OVER! This dried my face out something fierce! Then the next day I would wake up with tiny red and white little bumps here and there.
I didn't think it would be smart for me to continue use so I can't say if my face would have gotten used to it and eventually work for me.
The price, to be honest, seems a bit high. Love the pump bottle.
Too bad because I loved the feeling only *right after* I cleansed.

on 12/11/2008 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

In the beginning, this product was great for my oily skin, and I thought it was the perfect step above the gentle cleanser. However, after about 1-2 months, it left my skin too dry, which only made my skin produce more oil by mid-day. So, Cetaphil's gentle cleanser it is.

on 1/17/2009 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I like this cleanser, but it doesn't remove m/u. It is a good overall cleanser that doesn't strip the skin. I like the pump dispenser. You get a lot for your money, but I wish it would do a better job of removing make up. I wouldn't rec this for anyone with oily skin.

on 7/28/2009 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I didnt like this cleanser at all, it somewhat left my skin dry and ashy looking. I prefer oil of olay pore re-defining scrub or the oil of olay deep cleansing facial wash with witch hazel which never strips my skin of its oils and leaves my skin radiant.

on 11/8/2009 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I use this every evening when I get home from work to "take the day off." It is such a simple, non-fussy cleanser that I use to remove most of my makeup and to prep my skin for my treatments. I don't think I will ever stop using it. SIDENOTE: I think those who are unhappy with this product are getting the DAILY FACIAL CLEANSER for normal to oily skin mixed up with the GENTLE SKIN CLEANSER formulated for all skin types. The formulations are completely different. The one for oily skin lathers whereas the gentle skin cleanser is a lotion, non-lather consistency.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

After about a year trying every tip and trick, I found this cleanser. This is my daily morning cleanser. It doesn't really lather like other cleansers, but it gets the job done, and it doesn't make my face overly dry.