Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

on 1/25/2002 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

this was good, however i really miss the "foaming action" of my usual cleansers....

on 9/14/2003 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

this works best if you use this with a washcloth! it gets all the makeup off completely, esp. eye makeup. Use a really soft washcloth with it, and rub it in small circles, and u'll be amazed at how soft ur skin is afterwards! i use this with aveeo skin brightening lotion afterwards, and my skin looks like it did when i was 10! healthy!

on 3/9/2004 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Great for taking off makeup w/o irritating/drying out my skin. Gentle enough for my sensitive/oily skin. I like this better than Purpose Face Wash- because its not as drying. I like the pump a lot -it gives just the right amount to use. The price isn't too bad since you are getting a lot of product for $9.99 at Target. I keep coming back to this cleanser. It helps clean my oily/high sebum producing skin.

on 6/3/2004 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product because I use the other Cetaphil product for the winter, but I needed something stronger for the summer. It left a weird film on my face, made my skin feel tight and oily, and has a terrible smell even after you wash it off. I don't think it's for everyone!

I bought this because, like most people, my dermatologist recommended it. It doesn't mess up my skin or anything, but I have found that even if I wash my face really well with it, there will be makeup on my towel when I dry my face. It just doesn't clean my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It leaves a squeaky clean feel, and sometimes I need a moisturizer to go after it, especially if I'm going to airconditioned places or where humidity is low. It's more expensive (in my country) than the gentle skin cleanser, but a little goes a long way. I wish they could import the pump bottle version here, because the 100 g tube is rather inconvenient--the liquid quickly runs out of its spout.

on 10/12/2006 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Just after one use, I hated this product so much that I won't even consider trying it again. It felt so strong while I was washing my face (like a stinging sensation), I thought it had to be doing a good job of cleansing and removing my makeup. Well, it didn't accomplish either of those tasks very well and all I ended up with was a dry itchy face! Also, due to it's horrible household cleaner type scent, I did extra rinsing to get it off. However, it must have still left a film behind because hours later I washed with another cleanser and the itching went away! Well, since I didn't want to waste money and just throw it away, I'm using it for just what it smells like...a household cleaner! The only problem is, I don't even like the house smelling like this stuff!

on 7/4/2007 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this in the mornings for at least the past two years. I'm 42 now, so I have to start to be careful about overcleansing. Cleans my skin w/o overdrying it, what else could you want? I usually cleanse at ngiht w/ La Vitton normal/oily cleansing oil. No breakouts, my derm is happy, people think I'm 10 yrs. younger than I am, so no complaints! I've noticed that my husband has started using this in the shower (he has flaky dermatitis) and it does seem to help his skin also. Will definitely repurchase! I do have to say that Cetaphil moisturizer is crap -- broke me out horribly -- so I use Neutrogena/Complex 15/La Vitton oils for moisturizing.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily skin which goes overboard in the summer. However, due to topical BP applications, it can also be dry. I have been looking for a basic facial cleanser that washes away oil, dirt, and minimal makeup (powder, no foundation). On a whim, I purchased this Cetaphil for Normal to Oily Skin at Target. I had used the sensitive skin formula before, and I liked it but was not wowed. This Normal to Oily version is definitely wowing me. The cleanser is a clear gel/liquid clear that does not foam. Yes, the scent is rather strong, but that doesn't bother me, and it fades quickly. What I like is that this cleanser gets every trace of dirt, oil, and makeup from my face without overdrying it AT ALL. For the first time ever, my toner pad came away clean after washing my face. Seems like a miracle in a pump bottle so far. Since I do use topical BP gel, I don't feel a need for a medicated cleanser (cleanser is not on your face long enough to treat it anyway). My rating: 4 lippies. If I continue to like this in a month or so, I will upgrade to 5.

on 11/1/2007 9:34:00 PM

I love this cleanser. It does a great job of removing makeup but at the same time is gentle, non-irritating and non-drying. It even removes stubborn water resistant sunscreen which other cleansers don't seem to budge. The pump dispenser is great, it is cheap, and it lasts a long time. I actually buy the Target brand of this....so it's even cheaper.