Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.2

on 5/19/2002 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am liking this cleanser. It's more of a summertime cleanser, as it tends to be a bit drying. I find that this one cleans much better than the original cetaphil cleanser and removes all of my makeup (without having to use a washcloth).

on 10/7/2004 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a gel cleanser for the face, but I actually found it to be quite stripping/drying. It made my skin purge oil like crazy after I washed with it! And my skin's ph balance felt totally off! I was expecting way better from Cetaphil. The other Gentle Skin Cleanser from Cetaphil has been my hg for years. I use it on my body, when my face is feeling dry, and to shave my legs, and I like that one way better because it really is gentle. It's the cleanser that has a lotion consistancy w/ a flip top cap, so get that one if you need something truly gentle. Also, I tried to use up this Normal to Oily Cleanser as a body wash, and my skin was all red and irritated after. This doesn't happen with the other Cetaphil cleanser. It's easy to confuse the two in the store, so be careful when choosing the right one.

on 12/9/2004 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product, but after using it for a week it made my face break out horribly. I went back to my old cleanser, and my face is thanking me for it. No way could I recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using this face wash for the past three weeks, and I love it! It doesn't dry out my skin, it keeps my skin clear and less oily. It cost me around 8 bucks at Rite Aid, which is a little pricey for a drugstore cleanser, but I'm over the price since it gives me good results. As for the smell, it is a little perfumey and chemical, but I can get over that, too!!

on 9/3/2007 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've used this for about a week and it's now my favorite every day facial cleanser. Although it is a very gentle cleanser, it does the job and makes my skin feel healthy and clean. I have combination skin that can get slightly oily in the t-zone areas and dry on the rest of my face. At night when I use this, I also use Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub in order to remove makeup and clean my face more thoroughly. In the morning, since my face doesn't need deep cleansing, I just use this and my face feels fresh and clean. After using this and seeing the results, I've realized that the cleansers I've been using have been too harsh for my skin and making it feel dried out and unhealthy.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love that this is a pump bottle!

Anyway, to the actual cleanser, its a good cleanser. Leaves your face clean feeling, but soft & not dried out or tight.

Sadly, this is not what I need, although it works well enough for me to not throw it out. I have to take off a 'lippie' for this & say I wouldn't repurchase, but I would still recommend it.

on 9/10/2008 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

horrible stuff!! i usually like cetaphil products, thinking that this would be a subtle face wash for my skin. but little did i know, this would have a stinging sensation on my face. the texture is weird, and it takes a lot of face wash just to get the make up off. you'll know if it's a bad cleanser if it can't even get your make up off your face. i had to start using make up wipes before i used this cleanser. however, i will stop using it, and just use it as a body wash because it felt way too harsh on my face! i was so disappointed with this product. i expected a lot from cetaphil. however, i will still be using their moisturizing cream.

on 10/19/2008 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love this face wash! Comes in a pump bottle, runs around $6-$8. You can buy it pretty much everywhere which is so convenient. It really clears up my face and reduces monthly breakouts.

FYI: I am Chinese/Hawaiian with Oily Skin.

on 11/14/2008 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It's a good everyday cleanser. It is gentle, not overdrying, but removed necessary oil. The scent was a little funny when I first started using it but it's not offensive.

My dermatologist recommended it few years ago, and I'm pleased with it, and will continue using it.

on 12/27/2008 5:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

this gentle soap is excellent for my face. When I started using prescription strength topicals fr my acne my dr suggested i move to a very gentle cleanser. I've been using it now for about two years and it's really nice on the face. Even after I stopped using the topicals I still use the cleanser. In the cold weather it doesn't over dry the face and leave it feeling parched.