Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.3

on 10/13/2017 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Favorite face wash. I have sensitive skin and the doctor recommended this to me after many years of buying products to wash my face with but ended up being irritated. Cetaphil not only washes my makeup off, but it also really deep cleans. It leaves my face feeling soft and freshly cleaned as opposed to dry and irritated. You also get a lot for what you pay for. You don't need many pumps - maybe 2 at most and it works its magic. I say this because I've used products that needed 3 or 4 pumps just to get my face cleaned but Cetaphil does the job great. I love it.

on 12/7/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am the kind of gal with EXTREMLY oily, acne prone, and sensitive skin. Almost every face product I use breaks me out. I first bought this because I needed a new face wash and I haven't found "the one" yet. Let me just start by saying the very first day I used it, everything was fine. It cleansed my skin, and didn't excessively dry it out. After about 3 days using it, I started noticing that I was getting little red bumps along my forehead and temples. I just thought "oh well it's probably another breakout time." I used it for a week and that's when I knew my this face wash was causing all the pimples on my face! It broke me out into cystic acne which is not fun by the way. Ever since I stopped using this and switched to my Neutrogena one, my face has gotten so much better. I will be giving this to a friend or a family member. And I am Disappointed also because none of Cetaphil's products work with my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've had acne since 5th or 6th grade. I went on Accutane in the 8th grade and that helped tremendously. Since this past summer, my skin has been a terrible mess. Not as bad as 8th grade, but pretty rough. It leaves purple scarring on my paler skin in the winter. It all started in August of this year. I started to get smaller pimples that kept getting worse. It is now November 29th, and has just progressed even worse. I am on doxycycline right now and have been on that for 19-20 days, but it hasn't really kicked in. I also use clindamycin twice a day. It's extremely frustrating but I know I just have to be patient. This cleanser is very gentle and gets my makeup off perfectly. I was using too many harsh chemicals on my face. This definitely helps to dry them up and makes my feel really soft and less oily, without over drying the rest of my face. I used benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and other chemicals, they just made my face extremely red and made my acne look way worse. Honestly, the simpler, the better. It will do way less harm to your skin in the long run. I have learned my lesson that this summer, I am going to cover my face with sun screen and wear a hat. I think that's why I break out so bad after Summer, because I simply don't protect my skin and all of that sweat builds up in my pores.

on 7/15/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

WOW this stuff broke me out so bad lol I literally don't understand why dermatologists recommend this brand to people. I've had pretty decent skin but I figured it was time to switch up my cleanser as my other one wasn't removing makeup/dirt very efficiently. My dermatologist recommended this cleanser to me. I found it at walmart for SUPER cheap, like 6 dollars at walmart and took it home. It foams up quite nice, clean smell and I felt clean at first without feeling irritated. I used it for about almost 2 weeks but I just couldn't do it anymore! I know have a huge cluster of flesh colored bumps on my chin and i started to get big red cystic breakouts on my forehead and cheeks! I'm still trying to clear up the ones on my chin and the ones on my cheeks left ugly acne marks. I used to be able to go makeup free during the day but not anymore. Now i'm stuck using a heavy coverage foundation because of all the acne this face wash left me with and I'm so angry. Turns out, it's really a soap full of junk, it contains methylparaben and masking fragrance. The cetaphil gentle cleanser isn't any better as it contains 3 parabens instead of 1. I don't know why doctors recommend this. Currently only using warm water and a light moisturizer to wash my face as it can't handle anything else right now from all the irritation I have right now. So disappointed. Don't waste your time or money on this product.

on 6/1/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Why does this not have 5 stars? I love this. Simply love. I had a huge outbreak of cystic acne thanks to a horrible bronzer. I used this and it literally calms down acne over night. My cystic acne was very bad so it took about a week to get it to calm down but thanks to this cleanser, its gone. Whenever I get home from the gym, I love using this because it takes off all the oil and gunk! Will never switch to anything! I have super oily skin and this is a life saver.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So, I actually picked up a double pack accidentally at BJ's. Initially, I was very upset that I bought this instead of the regular Cetaphil. By the time I got around to realizing that this wasn't the "regular" Cetaphil, it was too late to return it. So, I tried this. I actually like it better than the regular Cetaphil.

I have combination skin. This works better than the original for my skin type. My skin feels clean after using this, but not tight. Like the original Cetaphil, it doesn't really lather up. The only thing I find strange is that they decided to add fragrance. I'm not bothered by it. However, I know a lot of people with sensitive skin do avoid fragrances.

on 11/30/2013 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I liked the smell of this product and it doesn't foam up a lot but kind of a good amount. It also doesn't make my skin feel dry after using it. Feels clean and non-drying but doesn't feel like it deep cleans.

on 10/28/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I am much more of a Cerave girl. I have mentioned in my other review I like Cerave much more and it just feels better and absorbs better in my face.

Cetaphil feels like it doesn't absorb and wash like I would like

on 9/3/2013 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Just WOW. I've used all types of cleansers, Clinique, Lancôme, Olay, Loreal etc. this cleanser does what I says it does, it CLEANSES so well that when I tone my skin I barely see makeup or dirt, it's amazing. It has a pleasant smell and the pump is very convenient. I have oily-acne prone skin and so far my face has cleared up since I started using it along with Dickinsons Toner. I found my cleanser and definetly buying some more.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

So I bought the one tht comes in a bottle. At first I seem improvements in my acne-prone skin that has lots of scarring. The scarring quickly faded away after usin this cleanser and I saw my face become noticably clear. The problem is I use my acne treatment at night after washing my face with this cleanser only on my problem areas, and I quickly noticed that where ever I put my treatment my pimples would become worse. I usually get white heads only but when I started using this I started seeing multiple pimples on one pimple. It happened to ever white head I would get. So over this cleanser. Definitely worth a try but will be looking for something.