Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

on 11/8/2016 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

In my 20's, my skin used to be flawless... I did barely anything to it and I had barely a visible pore. Now I'm 44 and have rosacea, cystic acne, sensitivities and itchy rashes.... I thought back to the days when I had great skin and thought I'd try that regime again. I have pared right back to this followed by sunscreen. OMG - what a difference! Less redness, fewer blocked pores, no underground, painful lumps.... will never try anything else again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is seriously amazing. I am 30 and had really bad skin in my teenage years. Thru my 20's my skin was great. However in the last several months my skin had started breaking out really ad. So I had started using Rodan and Fields on face acne cleanser and it seemed to make it worse. Was reading reviews on what to use. I bought Cetaphil daily facial cleanser and it has been awesome! My skin is smoother and it cost me like $7 at Wal Mart. It doesn't burn when I wash it either. Awesome stuff. It may not work for everyone but I say it's worth a shot for $7

on 12/26/2015 4:50:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for years. I have sensitive, reactive skin. Cetaphil is very gentle and pleasant to use. I cleanse twice a day. In the morning, I use the Cetaphil lotion cleanser and in the evening I use the Cetaphil cleansing bar. I save a lot of money using the bar formula of this cleanser.

This cleanser is so mild it barely gets the dirt off your face. I washed my face with this then followed up with my toner and there was so much dirt on the cotton pad, more than I had ever experienced from any other cleanser. I won't try Cetaphil again.

on 9/14/2015 2:16:00 AM

I started using this product to help my skin recover from a dry and itchy rash caused by another brand's acne cleanser. This cleanser is very gentle and in conjunction with Cetaphil's moisturising lotion helped clear the rash and made my skin softer than it was before I got the rash. I have found it has also helped even my complexion, I have mild rosacea on my cheeks and it has kept this quite calm. Even though the rash has cleared I will continue using this product.

I don't have acne as such but I do constantly have a few blemishes on my face at any given time. I have noticed a very slight reduction in blemishes since using Cetaphil (been using for about 2-3 weeks now) but mostly I have found that they heal faster.

I cleanse once in the morning and feel like I have a fresh clean face. In the evening I cleanse twice just to ensure I have removed all my makeup. It slightly lathers and has a distinct scent, does not bother me but may if you are very sensitive to smell.

on 6/6/2015 9:14:00 AM

Before using this product my aging, acne driven, combination, inflamed skin was terrible. I made some serious changes to diet, and overall health before trying this product. I've paid 5x this for other cleansers, organic cleansers, brushes, masks, facials. This one product cleaned my skin gently enough to eliminate my acne. Previously each product I used was foaming in some way, this is the first lotion cleanser I can recall ever using. In short, I hardly have any breakouts now, cystic acne has all but disappeared and my skin looks better than ever. Not every product is for every person, but in my case, and that of my teenage daughter, this facial cleanser is the best we've ever used.

I am not sure why I even bought this. I've been using it everyday for about a month. It dries my face out really bad, my face is itchy now. I'm breaking out more than usual since I started using this. Will probably throw it out asap already shopping for something else.

on 10/17/2014 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is terrible for acne prone skin people that wear foundation. Smells awful, doesn't clean, doesn't rinse. I've had better results with ponds cold cream for acne.

on 6/23/2014 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm only on day 1 of using this, but I already like it. I used to use BP washes (acnefree, Clean & Clear), but they left me a little red and ruddy. I've tried more expensive ones, too (Clinique, Boscia, PRR). Was not impressed. I just want a basic, gentle cleanser that doesn't dry my face up, removes makeup and oil, and doesn't aggravate breakouts. So last year I started using CeraVe products. The hydrating cleanser wasn't a good match for my skin type, and I felt it didn't clean well enough to get up all the acne-feeding gunk. But I really liked the Foaming one, so I stuck with it for 6 months or more. I like it, but my skin is still a little bumpy (those tiny bumps that take forever to go away) and feels pretty tight after washing. It is pretty thin and foams well but doesn't seem to be really slipping around enough to make my face feel nourished rather than stripped. So, I tried Cetaphil...

Compared to CeraVe Foaming, Cetaphil for Oily Skin is...
1. Cheaper (slightly)
2. Less drying
3. Better at removing makeup.

The smell is a little "old lady," but it has more slip so it glides more easily to cover my whole face. I still get a slight dry/tight feeling a few minutes after washing, but my face feels more nourished and soft overall. I'm hoping it will help with the tiny bumps and oil and not contribute to more acne.

I'm going to stick with this for a while. I do wish it didn't have fragrance and was cruelty free :(. I'll update if anything incredibly awesome or devastating happens from this switch...

NOTE: this is close to identical to Paulas Choice Clear Cleanser, if you want to save money...the first 8 ingredients are identical, and the others are almost all mixed in somewhere after that.

on 3/8/2014 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have decided this is my HG cleanser (along with Noxzema). Here's why:

Removes face and eye makeup
Works well with clarisonic, washcloth, or apricot scrub for extra exfoliation
Available at any drugstore in different sizes (8 oz, 16 oz, sometimes 20 oz.)
Tames my oily skin beautifully without dehydrating it
Helped me get through TTOM with minimal breakouts
Scented but not annoyingly so
Cheap! ($6 for 8 oz at Target)
I can't stop touching my cheeks after I use it--seriously soft

This cleanser is SO much better than the gentle one for me. Suits my needs perfectly. I'm looking forward to rebuying this