Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

on 6/11/2001 8:24:00 PM

Cetaphil's Cleanser for Oily Skin is my skincare holy grail! I have sensitive, combination skin which is prone to breakouts. This cleanser does not dry me out and is very gentle and soothing. It takes off all my makeup (I *gently* rub my eyelashes). I love this cleanser!

on 2/27/2002 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

At first I liked this cleanser...I even kept it around as a stand by for when I run out of the good stuff. I swear this stuff makes me break out...I even cleansed once then repeat! UGH! I thought it was something else I used and everytime I asked someone they'd say "It can't be the Cetephil" I have been using Paula's choice faithfully for 3 months and I started to run out of the cleanser. Instead of buying "just" the cleanser online I wanted to wait till I needed toner too..anyway to make a long story short I used the Cetaphil Normal to Oily cleanser and broke out really bad. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal to some, but since I have suffered since puberty with mild acne and finally had a beautiful face with Paula's choice I am bummed! It may work for some, but I won't be buying this again!

on 10/13/2002 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After hearing some good things about this, I decided to try it. What a waste of money! I really wanted to like it and tried it for a few months. It smells really really gross, kind of medicinal and sweet at the same time. I never felt it cleaned my face well enough and sometimes it left a layer of residue. The worst part was that it made me break out! I usually have only a few zits, so this really bothered me. I eliminated different things and it turned out to be this horrible stuff! I am still trying to clear up the damage this junk did. Do not buy it! I wish I could give it a negative score! I like my oil of olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin sooo much better!

on 11/13/2002 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this cleanser at all! Ironically, the oily skin formulation made my skin so greasy I have since gone back to the Cetaphil for dry skin, which is much better! This one left my skin very out of balance, like a previous reviewer said, and it made me break out in very painful pimples. This one was a no go for me!

on 11/21/2002 4:48:00 PM

My all-time favorite cleanser. I rarely breakout, but I have noticed that I breakout even less when I use this. It isn't the greatest make-up remover ever made, but it works fine for me. I think it smells nice too. Also, it is so cheap!

on 12/8/2002 2:51:00 AM

Excellent cleanser for normal to oily skin -- cleans thoroughly without drying the skin out *and* it removes all but the most waterproof of makeup. The only complaint I have is that I would prefer it to be unscented .. or at least without the odd scent that's a cross between baby shampoo and the medicine cabinet. Other than that, great all around.

on 2/23/2003 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and I used this for 6mon on the rec of my dem. It made my skin dry which of couse made it more oily.

on 3/8/2003 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Like it, but the smell is rather strange, almost like hairspray! I think it is a good cleanser however, and it seem to do a good job removing makeup.

on 3/20/2003 10:20:00 PM

Another recommendation by my Dr. after really screwing up my skin by using AHA's and BHA's too often. Works wonderfully! True, the smell is rather odd, but I don't find it that unpleasant. It gets all my makeup off (though I should mention that I don't wear a ton) without stripping my skin or leaving a film. It foams only very slightly, so those who like a lot of lather may be dissapointed.
Dr.'s must recommend this stuff for a reason. I can't imagine that one could go through a gagillion years of school and not know something. C'mon! Be honest, when have you ever heard a Dermatologist recommend LaMer or Remede, or even Paula's Choice! You haven't (although it is worth mentioning that I showed my Dr. Paula's 8% AHA and she said it was a fine product, just use it keeping your skin type in mind. She recommended using it every other day for sensitive skin). From now on, I'll be going with the products my Dr. recommends. continued >>

on 3/20/2003 10:24:00 PM