Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

on 10/20/2003 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Packaging is ugly but it works. It's very gentle and doesn't strip away moisture. Works ok at removing makeup and leaves skin soft. Have been using it a few years and love it.

on 3/22/2004 10:04:00 PM

I thought that with it's originals' reputation, the oily skin formula would work better for my combination skin. Also, after reading a good amount of raves, I decided to give it a try, thinking that I have nothing to lose anyway. After using it for a few days, I noticed breakouts on spots that seemed rather odd: cheek area, above my brows, around my upper lips... unusual. I've tried living in denial, hoping that it's something else, like my new Mineral secret foundation, my new moisturizer, or maybe a strange reaction to my detergent. How could something so highly recommended by dermotologists be causing breakouts? I got so paranoid to the point where I was convinced that there's something wrong with me, that I'm abnormal!! Thank Goodness for all these mua reviews, I'm not the only one having problems with the product. Lesson learned: Read MUA reviews before trying out new products, saves a lot of time, money, and the worse paranoia I've had about having abnormal skin. Oh, by the way, the breakouts stopped right after I discontinued using this cleanser, what does that tell me? This stuff is evil.

on 5/11/2004 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm extremely acne-prone and this is the only thing I can use on my face. It lasts a long time and my whole family uses it. Although it can be drying at times but I feel it works better than the original version.

on 8/11/2004 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product had the potential to be great but it stung my skin SO much. I've never before felt anything like it; I was on the verge of tears! The only reason it got 3 lippies is cos it thoroughly cleanses, leaves no greasy residue behind and makes my skin soft after drying it off. The stinging/burning sensation is honestly unbearable, and my skin isn't even all that sensitive! I definetly will not buy this again.

on 2/27/2005 5:56:00 PM

I think I've found my HG cleanser. It doesn't lather too well, but I think that's okay. My skin is so soft after using this stuff. I've been using it since August, and even in the winter it doesn't make my skin feel dry and icky. Overall, very impressed with the Cetaphil line.

just a smidge onn the drying side, but I reach for it everyday.

on 9/26/2005 5:17:00 PM

This is my staple face cleansing product. I absolutely cant live without it. Since I've started using this years ago my blemishes have cleared up dramatically, and it doesnt leave that tight, dry feeling on the skin after cleansing. It can feel kind of thick and goopy but the trick is to make a foam out of it between your hands before you apply.

on 11/13/2005 12:02:00 AM

If your skin tends to be oilier this is a much better choice then the original cetaphil. However, thats not really saying much. It is still gentle and definetly non-irritating, but I think for myself I need something to manage my greasy nose and forehead better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It leaves a squeaky clean feel, and sometimes I need a moisturizer to go after it, especially if I'm going to airconditioned places or where humidity is low. It's more expensive (in my country) than the gentle skin cleanser, but a little goes a long way. I wish they could import the pump bottle version here, because the 100 g tube is rather inconvenient--the liquid quickly runs out of its spout.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

When my skin was combo-to-oily, i did decide to give this cleanser and try, and i totally feel that it definitely wasn't worth the money i paid for it all. It is an okay cleanser, as i have no idea why it is not oil free (contain castor oil) when its made for use on oily skins (as it should be compl etely oil free), it's cleansing power is okay, nothing more so than Purpose's Fosming Face Wash. However, just like i no longer use Purpose's Foaming Face Wash because it has added fragrance to it, and actually was recommended to me to use by a dermatologist at one point. I just cannot tolerate cleansers that have fragrance added to them at all. Companies should know by now that fragrance is the top leading skin irritant on the plan.

No way will i ever buy this cleanser again.