Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.6

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference, I have combo/oily skin. My skin isn't sensitive and I am not prone to breakouts.

I love using this cleanser after the gym. It's very gentle and basic. Doesn't have a smell and lathers well. I do not rely on this cleanser to remove my makeup.

Overall, I would repurchase this again.

on 6/10/2017 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product was prescribed to me about a year ago by a dermatologist to help with my mild acne. It definitely works! My skin has cleared up dramatically from using this along with another topical ointment prescribed by my dermatologist. I haven't used another cleanser since - I really like this one. It helps keep pimples at bay and my face always feels very clean and refreshed after using it. There is definitely an obvious scent to this cleanser, but that doesn't bother me considering all the many benefits I get from using it.

The Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Face Wash is pretty good too. My sister uses that, and I've tried it before when mine ran out. Overall though, I've repurchased the Daily Facial Cleanser many times, and will continue to do so. I have no interest in trying out other cleansers as I believe I've found my HG with this. :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I went through two bottles of this and I can't say that I've seen any improvements to my skin. It's a functional cleanser - leaves my skin feeling clean, but my skin has seen a pretty bad year and it didn't do much to it. Doesn't do much to control oil either, I've tried going without it for a couple of days and it doesn't seem to give me much of a difference.

Also pretty expensive for the lack of results, would not purchase again.

on 3/25/2016 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My mistake was thinking because I have combination skin this would work for me. I was terribly wrong. This product dried out my skin so bad that my skin became cracked and painful especially around my cheeks. I had to use a heavy moisturizers right after using his product to try to ease the discomfort as this product stripped my skin so badly. Would not buy this product again sadly.

on 1/3/2016 3:29:00 PM

This cleanser helped me maintain clear skin and kept breakouts at a minimum. It doesn't remove eye makeup very well unless you really go at it (I don't think it's a good idea, it stings when it gets in your eyes) and it did dry out my skin a little. However, it's good for the price and I use this cleanser most of the time before I went to sleep anyway because I knew I would wake up the next morning with no new pimples. Also like the smell of it if that counts for anything- overall, I recommend it because it makes your face feel clean. If it dries your skin out, use a moisturizer over it.

This cleanser is so mild it barely gets the dirt off your face. I washed my face with this then followed up with my toner and there was so much dirt on the cotton pad, more than I had ever experienced from any other cleanser. I won't try Cetaphil again.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I first bought this product because i really needed a new cleanser for my oily skin and since i heard a lot of people raving about this i decided to try it. It says its suppose to help manage your acne and oiliness but i felt like it didnt do much for my acne but it did clean my face pretty good and it wasnt drying on my skin at all. but overall if i ran out of this cleanser im probably going to try something else to experiment!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've tried so many cleansers for my acne-prone skin over the past years but never could find one that I could remain loyal to. I've finally settled on this one as being the best one for me since it doesn't overly dry my skin or cause it to break out. It's not the greatest at removing makeup the first time, so I usually find myself cleansing my face a second time just to make sure I've removed it all. Occasionally, I will mix this cleanser with regular table salt to exfoliate my skin. This is the only cleanser I've used for the past year and don't see myself switching anytime soon.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This just was not a good match for my skin.
I tried both the regular and the one for oily skin.
Neither worked.
My skin hated these cleansers. It made my skin feel very warm and red when washing and I broke out like crazy plus my skin produced more oil.
They did not clean very well at all!
As a matter of fact, I have better cleansing results from lotion and a tissue.

The good news... if this does work for your skin then a bottle will last forever!
It seemed like I would never be done with it.

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Best face wash for my acne-prone, medicated face. When initially on the medication, my skin would be super dry before it got used to it. I used the gentle version of this cleanser and it was a dream! I'm off medication now and I use the normal version everyday. My skin has maintained a beautiful and clean glow besides the one or two hormonal time-of-the-month break outs here and there. Every during those times, this facial cleanser works wonders. Who knew that using a product without all the acids and chemicals used in acne-clearing products would clear my skin better than the ones that include them! HG for sure.